Mitsubishi Evolution X Subaru Impreza WRX STI S206

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

well, i´m not the usual starter in this championships, and probably not talented enough to qualify, but i must say... i´m impressed with this combo. New track for me...night time and very drifty impreza. What else can a driver want :lol:

#22 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

What else can a driver want :lol:

Open setup like were the 2 last rounds, subaru drives much better imo with more rearwards torque split which was avaliable in the last race

- Launger

#23 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

Open setup like were the 2 last rounds, subaru drives much better imo with more rearwards torque split which was avaliable in the last race

yes, but ain´t that bad. I´ve seen much worse than this def. setup :rolleyes:

#24 capabomba

capabomba

Novice

• 44 posts
  • LocationSalerno - Italy

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

When are we gonna get some detail on round 3?

#25 graviT

graviT

Contributor

• 5 posts
  • LocationCanada, West side

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:19 AM

After buying the Car I ended up not being in town for this Champ, just long enough to tease myself in Qualifying friday morning a couple hours.

I hope you guys had a great race.

Gratz to the podium whoever you were.

#26 capabomba

capabomba

Novice

• 44 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

https://www.simracew.../8113?locale=en

#27 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

Nice race, not much practice and it took me halfway in the race to understand that the fastest way is tight neat lines not wide sideways, most of the race was running stable 4th but spun on the entry to the oval and then until the end of the race had a nice battle with piet, pretty physical one but this car allows it so it was pretty nice fun, would have been more fun if i finished ahead though lol

- Launger

#28 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

feels like im alone in this forum lol, but im used to doing mandatory race reports from my rfactor leagues so i continue this culture 

Good track to drive with this car

After doing 1.41.0 in official practice first lap, i couldnt get below 1.41.8 in quali which is a big disaster lol but got 3rd at start, then past cortese after he made a mistake into 2nd, then picked off the gap to grafindel, after he had a bad last corner i got beside him at T1, anyone can judge it themselves but for me, my front wheels were ahead of his rears at the apex and he had half of the track to use instead of squeezing me, he tapped me and almost spun but i hit him in the right direction so good overtake for me. then i tried to pull away but cortese the AWD master reeled me in with super pace so half of the race it was just looking at the mirrors and doing 1.40s :D he got very close and even besides me a few times but i kept him behind, was a great race

- Launger

#29 graviT

graviT

Contributor

• 5 posts
  • LocationCanada, West side

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:11 AM

Howdy all,

Unbelievable race Launger and GCortese. Superb driving. Launger to defend with a car that close, and GCortese to follow/attack so perfectly. Gratz again Launger on win. Truly a masterpiece of driving GCortese and Launger in that one.

murgia88 we bumped there, i was on the inside but you got a bad bounce off me and spun, i redressed regardless of fault, but unlucky for both of us.

Kingdaeho, we were hanging out in pre-Q yesterday. You pre-Qed 9th but got in the race and drove a great race.

Qualifying started the same for me as Launger. Did a 1.40.86 in practice, and 16laps of solid low 141s, but got heavy traffic and an even worse Q time for 10th. Ouch. Gratz to Grafindel for getting a decent lap in for a tough Q.

Race started really bad, just as lights went green, the entire field blinked and stood still, i jerked out into the grass to avoid everyone, then blink and everyone was back and going to t1.

Went into t1 inside, got sideswiped and that unlucky(like spring-loaded) bounced hard from a tiny tap and into fence, damaged right rear suspension.

I raced on anyways, crabwalking slowly down the straight, steering left to go straight and very slow to turn left.

But i was still having fun, from last got up to 8th. But was later punted into 5 acres of grass. Finished 11th i think.

Far too eventful a race from Q to the end. One of those days.

Congatulations to everyone in the Race and the Champ. My first Champ here. I am ready for the next one.

Also, I dont know where to say this but: To the Commentator on the stream, you are excellent, primetime TV excellent. Big cheers to you.

#30 capabomba

capabomba

Novice

• 44 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

I also congratulate Launger and Cortese for the amazing race. I watched it once again from the streaming because I was so far behind I didn't even imagine what was going on in front.

My race was a complete disappointment. Although I had the 4th time on hotlap, qualifying was just horrible and the best I could do was a 1.42.2. I still suffer the pressure of the live event too much and I end up not feeling confident enough during the race, making mistakes much more likely. Cadwell Park doesn't allow this kind of uncertainty.

Anyway start wasn't very good but somehow I kept my 8th position, but after several mistakes and even a spin at the chicane, I was in last position with 9 laps to go. That is when I started to be more consistent and regular. My only hope though, was that the cars ahead of me would make mistakes. Well that happened and at the end I was 8th, the same position I started.

Anyway I feel like I improved a lot since my first Evo championship. I hope I'll keep going that direction and be more relaxed when is race time :)

Thanks to the organizers and all the participants for the fun! Like gravit, I look forward to the next one :)

#31 Ribeiro

Ribeiro

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationSao Paulo, Brazil

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

awd_standings4_simracer_tk.jpg

#32 Gralfindel_PL

Gralfindel_PL

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

Thanks everyone for great final round. My first pole position and strong 3rd place in race which sets me in prized position makes me proud of myself. Too bad I didn't compete in previous rounds of this Championship but I don't like the way Subaru drives. I'm waiting for next Evo Champs ;)

SQ: ~1018 | Total miles raced: ~35k | Wheel: Logitech G25
Proud member of SGP :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mitsubishi Evolution X, Subaru Impreza WRX STI S206

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users