147 replies to this topic

#41 Ribeiro

Ribeiro

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationSao Paulo, Brazil

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

SQ 900-1100

Standings: http://www.simracer....1100/standings/   /   Race 1A Details: http://www.simracer....900-1100/race1/

otw900_r1a_simracer_tk.jpg

(Position / Name / Race finished ... / How much went up/down compared to the start position / Best lap / Points)

SQ 500-900

Standings: http://www.simracer....-900/standings/   /   Race 1A Details: http://www.simracer..../500-900/race1/

preview.jpg

If you have not seen, I say again, it's unofficial, and penalties can be applied after the race, which directly affects the results.

Alternative link (proxy): http://bit.ly/simracer (only useful if you are facing problems to access the site)

In the 1st time you need to confirm by pressing enter in your address bar, forget about the proxy site.

Edited by Ribeiro, 09 April 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#42 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

Superb graphics riberio, that adds alot :)

Only thing sad to see, is that in top SQ there were only total of 24 participants out of possible 28 and in lower SQ 20.... so there is less participants than free spots, i remember in the past it was a competition to get in the final races.... SRW needs to start doing things to get numbers back. The racesystems and all are great but the game itself with its lack of features, updates and delays bottlenecks the job coss does :unsure:

- Launger

#43 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

Tecnically, ppl entered in the hotlap server were about 30... Thinking 2 SRW or random ppl without laptimes, we could have full slots... But 2 missed in B race plus 2 missed in A race (so 1st and 2nd from B could join A), total of only 24 partecipants...

Most Played games (actually): - Gran Turismo 6 (PS3); - World of Warcraft (PC); - SimRaceWay (PC); - DotA 2 (Steam PC)

#44 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

just one thing.... at peak, this track became so dark, that we practicly drove blind, even with lights on. I think some road lightning in corners would be very useful. That yellow coins flew away allready at day :P

#45 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

Superb graphics riberio, that adds alot :)

Only thing sad to see, is that in top SQ there were only total of 24 participants out of possible 28 and in lower SQ 20.... so there is less participants than free spots, i remember in the past it was a competition to get in the final races.... SRW needs to start doing things to get numbers back. The racesystems and all are great but the game itself with its lack of features, updates and delays bottlenecks the job coss does :unsure:

EDIT:  The Email I got today says Maserati GT1, yet the dates are correct, 4/1 to 4/3.

The site does say lotus, weirdness with SRW emails which I have seen before, like getting the weekly blog rundown of events at the end of the week, after TDT and all that already passed.

#46 Demitri

Demitri

Seasoned

• 88 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

Am I the only one getting this when I try to open Ribeiro's website?

2b9r0i.jpg

I also tried to open it in IE and on another PC, it just won't work.

P.S.

In the last championship they timed the test drive tuesdays to coincide with the upcoming race.  It helped people get an incentive to buy the car to compete in the next race. (with discount and trying out the car).

Now, what are you doing SRW?  Maserati GT1 as test drive tuesday AFTER the race?!?!

It should have been the Lotus 88B coinciding with this weekend's race to attract more people!

That's weird. To me it looks like Lotus 88B actually IS on Test Drive Tuesday today. And it was Maserati GT1 last Tuesday, so it's exactly like last month...  :huh:

My SQ: 870-ish

My car collection: 102 cars

My wheel: Logitech G27

#47 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

Thanks dmitri,

It's another issue, the email was today but in small print I see the date for 4/1-4/3.

I was a bit dissapointed to see it, after missing last weeks TDT discount being away on a trip.

But I am glad now that I can get the lotus at a discount!  It's a pretty fun car and Silverstone is a nice big track for clean racing!

Area 51 looks big, but feels small and hard to judge the corners.

#48 Ribeiro

Ribeiro

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationSao Paulo, Brazil

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

My hosting provider is located in Brazil, perhaps your ISP for some reason is not finding it (usually problems are related to DNS). I visualized users from 26 countries these days, and I found no problem. In the latter case, you can use a (web) proxy like http://hidemyass.com, but my advice is that they are very slow and filled with ads.

EDIT: Original post updated, now with a functional alternative link (thanks to Demitri for testing). The table has also been updated with some minor visual changes, most importantly was the addition of the number of laps completed the by the driver who left the race before crossing the finish line (and for those who completed, with a racing flag, the podium obviously do not need it).

Edited by Ribeiro, 09 April 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#49 Demitri

Demitri

Seasoned

• 88 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

I tried using OpenDNS, still didn't work. A proxy worked though, I can view your page now.
I guess your hosting provider doesn't like Bulgarian IPs. :rolleyes:

BTW, nice job on those tables!

My SQ: 870-ish

My car collection: 102 cars

My wheel: Logitech G27

#50 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

I remember acer said he couldnt open your website either

- Launger

#51 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

I feel that I would be amiss if I didn't mention the issue with the car settings at the Area 51 race.

In the morning I ran two race simulations to get my fuel load right and to get more practice in. Then when I jumped into the race session everything felt totally different. It turns out that the default brake pressure went from 90% to 100% and steering lock went from 12 to 22 degrees. Cossacco did a great job at immediately figuring it out and telling us what the settings were in the hot lap and practice sessions but still, why did it change?

It's enough stress to remember to jump in during a 20 second countdown and quickly adjust all your settings and get to the grid. I don't know if this happened in the later races, but it was very strange.

Also thanks to SRW for quickly figuring it out and also being able to tell us what the original settings were.

#52 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

It turns out that the default brake pressure went from 90% to 100% and steering lock went from 12 to 22 degrees. Cossacco did a great job at immediately figuring it out and telling us what the settings were in the hot lap and practice sessions but still, why did it change?

why ? because that's default setup values go to practice and check if you want

#53 Litos76

Litos76

Novice

• 38 posts
  • LocationPorto, Portugal

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

Great job Ribeiro!

#54 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

why ? because that's default setup values go to practice and check if you want

But it wasn't the default in the hot lap event, which is where we did all our running before the race.

#55 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:48 PM

Yes mac, it really makes it hard to get ready when we get used to flying in hotlap.

The whole setup not sticking between sessions, and not being able to save a default setup just adds to the confusion.

Any reason why setup options are not saveable?  It would help cause then you can hit save, and hit set default...

#56 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

If setups are closed then the saving feature is closed too.

If we wanted to save our brakebias and stuff, then SRW would have to create two seperate cars, one for open setup events where all settings are open and one with everything closed except steering lock, bias, pressure and fuel. I think they could do it but as you can imagine, there are already bigger bugs that ´SRW´ has no time to do, keeping the game running and trying to do the results/payouts is maximum one person can do.

- Launger

#57 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

If setups are closed then the saving feature is closed too.

If we wanted to save our brakebias and stuff, then SRW would have to create two seperate cars, one for open setup events where all settings are open and one with everything closed except steering lock, bias, pressure and fuel. I think they could do it but as you can imagine, there are already bigger bugs that ´SRW´ has no time to do, keeping the game running and trying to do the results/payouts is maximum one person can do.

I think it's a fairly important thing to look at, either that or they need to increase the time on the grid for longer/Sunday races as by the time you have set everything in the pit you quite often have only about 7 seconds when you get to the grid and if you need to dial in fuel for your pit stop, you might not have enough time. Maybe add 10 seconds to the grid for all races except QR's?

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#58 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

7 seconds? Its 30 seconds + start countdown, in 15 seconds i remember in mp4/4 i could add 150 liters, do 6 clicks on brake bias and 4 clicks on brake pressure

- Launger

#59 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

round 2? just few words... boring car on even more boring track. -_-

#60 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

7 seconds? Its 30 seconds + start countdown, in 15 seconds i remember in mp4/4 i could add 150 liters, do 6 clicks on brake bias and 4 clicks on brake pressure

Well I wait 2 seconds after "Race" appears to make sure my pit has reset, then I also usually adjust the steering, plus I don't like to rush it and make a mistake and then there is doing it for all the restarts ;)

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users