4 replies to this topic

#1 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

This one is kind of obvious but i guess due to shortage of manpower it is not done.

Every sim ever has different default setups for different tracks, not just gearing changes.

Driving silverstone with full aero feels silly and also many faster tracks require stiffer suspension for car to work.

Also different SQ groups should be presented with different default setups aswell. Atm you guys try to make a compromise with one setup but that doesnt really work. Anyone with above 900SQ can feel, that most cars, especially with more grip, have inherant understeer. The Audi R8 LMS being a good example. Zandvoorts last corner is a good place to judge a cars balance. Grip wise LMS cars should be able to go flat out, and you could if you tuned the setup to less understeer, but with current default you have to even brake midcorner to get nose back in. No sharpness. Its unrealistic!

Check what setups people use in F3 or the past open setup races, noone makes them more understeery. F3 itself is one of the least understeery cars but top guys all take over rear wing and add rear arb etc. Only with no understeer can you drive accurately and precise like in real life. With understeer the way to go fast is throw car into corner and use high abs magic to turn the car while leaning on rear tyres without any fear.

The reason i have always talked about open setup is because you guys give minimal attention to setup so there is lots to be done. If setups were done for every occasion then i would rather have equal closed setup racing too.

- Launger

#2 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

What would you say, if I tell you that basing on those few Quick Races that I've done with Mike yesterday, last turn at Zandvoort can be taken nearly flat out and definitely without any midcorner braking, in the R8 LMS on this very default setup? 

This is another post, where you make a statement basing on your own opinion and experience, without taking any other factors into consideration. Do you realize how badly it affects your overall credibility?  :(

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#3 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:15 AM

Nearly flatout? So its what i said, you scrub speed off with front wheels like playing codemasters game. But R8 LMS is not worst, that was just relevant example with an ungoing car. But there are some bad ones.

Even if my opinion of setting up a car is unstereotypical (questionable), its a fact that your playerbase skilllevel is too colorful for one setup to work. Why make compromise if you can satisfy both? (that was not a question, i know the question to that)

I dont want to write these books, send this text i wrote to someone who does work and send me proof, then we can close thread, but if not then i have to...and ofc launger is evil man trying to derail the whole game because he dares to show direction of improvement? If i wouldnt post then this forum would collect dust lol. Maybe i do make mistake for saying these things that noone dares to say, so easy for you to point finger at me so people stop thinking about SRW manpower and time problems. ´´look everyone its that crazy launger spewing **** again! you all know everything he says is the opposite right!´´ and since sikham opens up the count of liking your post and jumping to the occasion of getting to maul me with words, then players who know nothing follow.

I often compare SRW to a Totalitaristic state; you are not allowed to say anything wrong about it, no real information is revealed about its inner workings yet there are tons of media outputs which are controlled by you guys (facebook, blog) that produce more than the game itself lol.

If you want this secrecy to work then you cant leave the game progress hanging.GAME PROGRESS not content horde. I have said already you have too much content for the small amount of players. There is a theresehold when whatever the stuff is, it has no value if the game itself is too weak. If you do this then people get curious and its a world of **** if the players you are supposed to satisfy are doing stuff for you and telling you what could be done better. I feel embarrased on behalf of the game when this happens every time

- Launger

#4 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

What I tried to say is that it's another time when you're simply wrong about the handling. I don't know why is this happening, maybe it's related to your FFB settings, but it keeps happening.

So for example, despite me valuing your setuping skills and seeing opportunities to use them for the good of us all - the Simraceway drivers, I don't think you know where the middle point is and how to achieve that ultimate, neutral setup.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#5 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

Yeah for sure my own experiences were just an example, probably indeed my setup likings would not suit most people, BUT would suit most 1000+ SQ guys (i have sent my in my idea neutral aka not understeering F3 setups in both donington and silverstone to many people and the faster the player the better the reception)

But still i think regardless of how bad i am in setting up, the principle idea of this thread remains: maybe one day you guys can make more than 1 default setup for a car :) again, it is done in every bigger sim.

- Launger

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: default, setup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users