39 replies to this topic

#21 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

McNish retired aswell! Maybe he and Dario will start doing big work in SRW :)

That's a surprise, McNish was guest editor for this months Motorsport magazine and gave no hint at all that he was considering retirement. He even appeared to be looking forward to the Webber / Porsche challenge of 2014.

#22 Kyalami

Kyalami

Novice

• 49 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

Toyota TS040 engine sound!!!

http://www.toyotahyb...-of-the-future/

:)

--- Maserati --- 6 times winner FIA GT/GT1 (2005 – 2009 FIA GT, 2010 FIA GT1)

#23 Allan Equality Wu

Allan Equality Wu

Novice

• 35 posts
  • Facebook:allanw5@live.com
  • LocationGravesend - Brooklyn, NY

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

THIS JUST IN http://www.lemans.or...ess-release.pdf

They are now starting a P3 spec for Asia & Europe Le Mans Series

Just to confuse you guys more between P2 , Prototype Challenge and P3 XD

For Wheldon!
-AllanW5  Alum , Rutgers '11 , Brooklyn Technical '06  SkillQuant : 79X  Race To Weekend Appearances=2

No Accidents in last  4 days    4 seconds

#24 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:13 PM

At last, the WEC is back! It feels like an eternity since I was at Le Mans! With such a long break between Le Mans and CoTA it already feels like the winter series the FIA & ACO want to turn it into.

Personally I'm not sure I like the idea of the WEC becoming a winter series, but that might be just because major motorsport series are always run in the summer. I do also feel that Le Mans is the jewel in the series crown and any jewel should really have a central position in said crown.

Does anyone else have an opinion?

#25 Allan Equality Wu

Allan Equality Wu

Novice

• 35 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

At last, the WEC is back! It feels like an eternity since I was at Le Mans! With such a long break between Le Mans and CoTA it already feels like the winter series the FIA & ACO want to turn it into.

Personally I'm not sure I like the idea of the WEC becoming a winter series, but that might be just because major motorsport series are always run in the summer. I do also feel that Le Mans is the jewel in the series crown and any jewel should really have a central position in said crown.

Does anyone else have an opinion?

Yeah it is a tough deal but comes down to driver availabillity

That's the marketing* of WEC paying off - guys who drive it all, like Mike Rockenfeller being available or any star driver who drove the one at COTA - some might also choose to drive Formula E after all and balance with Indycar

https://www.facebook...3173986/?type=1

For Wheldon!
-AllanW5  Alum , Rutgers '11 , Brooklyn Technical '06  SkillQuant : 79X  Race To Weekend Appearances=2

#26 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:13 AM

Yeah it is a tough deal but comes down to driver availabillity

That's the marketing* of WEC paying off - guys who drive it all, like Mike Rockenfeller being available or any star driver who drove the one at COTA - some might also choose to drive Formula E after all and balance with Indycar

https://www.facebook...3173986/?type=1

Yes, I've no doubt fitting in around other championships is part of it. It probably also has something to do with seven 6hr and one 24hr race being quite a tough championship in its own right, so drivers (and teams) need a break after Le Mans.

Is Rocky going to be rejoin next season? Last year he stepped away from the WEC completely to concentrate on DTM. That won him the title then, but it hasn't worked out so well this year.

#27 Allan Equality Wu

Allan Equality Wu

Novice

• 35 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:36 PM

LETS REVIVE THIS THREAD WITH A SHOCKER 

http://www.autoexpre...join-f1-in-2016

I read this story and I went " WOOAA ! "

Audi 's Short Term Plan is GETTING OUT OF WEC !  And into hearts of F1 fans

For Wheldon!

#28 KSJ27

KSJ27

Contributor

• 1 posts
  • Twitter:edwardkwak
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:20 PM

Hey everyone! New here to the game/forums. The name is Edward. Hope to see you guys in the game soon.

It's still pretty speculated that Audi will enter F1. There is also rumor that Fernando will be going to Audi. It would be really interesting to see Audi enter F1 and see if they can give Mercedes and RBR a run for their money. I'm not getting a good feeling from F1 for the next seasons with so many issues happening right now. What will be exciting the possibility of three cars per team if Caterham and Marussia pull out. Fingers crossed for a good season.

#29 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:12 AM

http://www.gpupdate....udi-this-week/?

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#30 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:59 AM

I suspect that by now most people have seen the news already, but for any that haven't...

The legend that is Tom Kristensen will retire at the end of this season

http://www.endurance...ssional-career/

I hope his final race is a good one!

#31 Allan Equality Wu

Allan Equality Wu

Novice

• 35 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

HOLYMOLY

BTW A reminder to ALL to watch that Truth In 24 Movies on iTunes or Truth in 24 2 on youtube here

https://www.youtube....h?v=27F26UA1i6M

Obviously TK was huge to Audi, even so in Truth 2 when McNish got crashed out, and TK STAYED and on day 2 he helped Audi 2 win (Leena Gade's team with Marcel Fassler - Ben Treluyer - Andre Lotterer)

I suspect that by now most people have seen the news already, but for any that haven't...

The legend that is Tom Kristensen will retire at the end of this season

http://www.endurance...ssional-career/

I hope his final race is a good one!

@1:11:30 in that movie Tom Kristensen tells Team 2 to change 4 tires instead of just the one faulty tire 
Since he wanted the car to go on new tires in case Peugeot stayed on their old ones, KNOWING Audi 2 was faster than any Peugeot ' straight up'

For Wheldon!

#32 KZ2Iceman97

KZ2Iceman97

Novice

• 47 posts
  • Facebook:Cameron Scott Dance
  • Twitter:KZ2Iceman97
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:52 PM

I don't know how many have heard or watched the race but Mark Webber was involved in a massive crash at the recent 6 hours of Interlagos. Video link to the crash is below. In other news (good news) TK ended up on the podium for his final race of WEC with Audi and also both drivers involved in the crash are ok

KZ2Iceman97 Both sim & real world racer | The flying Kiwi 
iceshard989 on YouTube | KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter | Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

#33 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:58 PM

I missed it live, but I've since seen some of the replays. It's good to know that both drivers are ok. I was very pleased to see Porsche get a win, but equally I would have liked to see Tom K get one more win. I'm already looking forward to next season!

#34 Demitri

Demitri

Seasoned

• 88 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:18 AM

It looks like the 2015 season is going to be very interesting, with the addition of the front-engined, front-wheel-drive Nissan GT-R LM Nismo in the LMP1 class. I'm curious to see how this car will hold up against the Audi, the Toyota and the Porsche prototypes. April 12th can't come soon enough!

http://www.fiawec.co...smo_2868.html

My SQ: 870-ish

My car collection: 102 cars

My wheel: Logitech G27

#35 1.7_petrol

1.7_petrol

Novice

• 47 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:41 PM

The car has great looks! 
The fwd is obviously strange, but at least is interesting.

#36 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:09 PM

The car has great looks! 
The fwd is obviously strange, but at least is interesting.

It's certainly a radical departure. For the sake of competition I hope it works well enough to be a threat the rest.

I also think it would be a great addition to SRWs garage; if you agree then please "like" this post:

http://community.sim...n-gtr-lm-nismo/

#37 Allan Equality Wu

Allan Equality Wu

Novice

• 35 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:24 PM

Nissan GT R Hybrid Looks Like A Fricking BEDROOM SLIPPER . 

A Flying Slipper . Damn , Nismo went for the big engine front Euro look

My dad (and my mom when she was still here) really liked family car, Nissan Murano 

So of course were REALLY interested to see if Nissan can stop Volkswagen programs. But not likely in first 2 years.
Audi is still in WEC for 1 more year right , then they leave for Formula1?

For Wheldon!

#38 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:36 PM

Nissan GT R Hybrid Looks Like A Fricking BEDROOM SLIPPER . 

A Flying Slipper . Damn , Nismo went for the big engine front Euro look

My dad (and my mom when she was still here) really liked family car, Nissan Murano 

So of course were REALLY interested to see if Nissan can stop Volkswagen programs. But not likely in first 2 years.
Audi is still in WEC for 1 more year right , then they leave for Formula1?

Audi to F1? Well, the rumours are certainly gathering strength, I wouldn't like to state too strong a case for their remaining in the WEC for a number of reasons. But then an F1 budget is a big thing to raise and I wouldn't like to say if V.A.G thinks it's worth it.

Personally, I've always been Porsche fan* when it comes to the prototype class so my support for this team stops at hoping they can be competitive; I don't like walkovers.

*apart from the odd occasion when someone such as Jaguar came along

Bedroom slipper I hadn't thought of that. I reckon my boys would love a pair each! :D

#39 KZ2Iceman97

KZ2Iceman97

Novice

• 47 posts
  • Facebook:Cameron Scott Dance
  • Twitter:KZ2Iceman97
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:38 AM

The car simply looks they have taken the GTR and the Deltawing and smashed them together to form something that looks like it's out of a Gran Turismo game. Mechanically I don't think it will work very well purely because of the FWD, front engine and amount of downforce an LMP1 spec car generates. It will wash the front out in a matter of meters causing it loose a huge amount of time throughout the high speed corners. I wouldn't be surprised if it DNF'ed early in the race at Le Man this year or any decent length race

KZ2Iceman97 Both sim & real world racer | The flying Kiwi 
iceshard989 on YouTube | KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter | Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

#40 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:01 PM

The car simply looks they have taken the GTR and the Deltawing and smashed them together to form something that looks like it's out of a Gran Turismo game. Mechanically I don't think it will work very well purely because of the FWD, front engine and amount of downforce an LMP1 spec car generates. It will wash the front out in a matter of meters causing it loose a huge amount of time throughout the high speed corners. I wouldn't be surprised if it DNF'ed early in the race at Le Man this year or any decent length race

Nissan are clearly confident that clever aerodynamic channeling through the body and simultaneous use of Coanda effect generated by fwd facing exhausts will assist in solving the massive engineering problem presented by the layout.

You're not the only one who's skeptical, but Nissan will have put a lot of effort into proving the concept in theory before building the car, so let's wait and see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users