• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

A disaster for me this week . I became steering problems in quali and could not make a fast lap . Then in race my wheel decides to switch to 90 or something degres of stering wheel rotation and it was side vays so y could turn in left 30 degres and in right 60 . Disaster . Dont know why that happend . And i lost link to the final result of A race

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#62 Demitri

Demitri

Seasoned

• 88 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

On final lap I spun again, on the same corner and took major damage after hit from behind from car at full speed (my car was no longer flickering after yellow flag, I think). Finish line was few corners away, but it was no easy task to get there with big damage. Overall I took 8th place. Could be worse...

Sorry, Ecnelis, that was my bad. I saw you spinning and hitting the tyre wall on the right after T4 and I went a bit to the left, trying to avoid contact, but apparently it wasn't enough. I wasn't expecting you would get back on the gas as quickly as you did, and actually moving your car to the left as well. I agree I should have slowed down and been more careful, it was a rookie mistake on my part. It's already difficult for me to control this car on a clear track, let alone when there are cars stopped ahead, so I apologize for that.

Anyhow, I wanna say thanks to Bolinhas for giving me back the position I have lost from that incident. It really wasn't necessary, but if you don't want it, I'll take it. :D

See ya guys in the next round! (hopefully)  :)

My SQ: 870-ish

My car collection: 102 cars

My wheel: Logitech G27

#63 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

A disaster for me this week . I became steering problems in quali and could not make a fast lap . Then in race my wheel decides to switch to 90 or something degres of stering wheel rotation and it was side vays so y could turn in left 30 degres and in right 60 . Disaster . Dont know why that happend . And i lost link to the final result of A race

Ingange , Desaster for me too. Even if i didnt finish i hope to score the points of the 14th position...

The link https://www.simracew.../7235?locale=en

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#64 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

Good race for me, managed PB in quali to get pole, you really need to push this thing out of corners to be fast, no time to think if you have rear grip or not, when you are done turning then maximum gas! but that kind of driving takes lots of soul and i had a long weekend, i broke track record with a huge effort in my kart centre so thats why i sometimes come to srw with a big ego lol

Anyway this was stuntmans race, he was 0.5sec clear of anything on any lap. I got lucky in quali and i got ahead in start but he closed me in and passed like nothing and i didnt have a single green sector to him although i pushed alot and got my pb 26.4 in the race. Very good job to him, especially since he is on pad. Ok many cars can be easier to push with pad since you need big lock quickly, but not this car. To feel how much you need to corrigate without ffb on an analog takes alot of skill!

- Launger

#65 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

Qualified as 12th, 8th in qualifying session and 5th at the end of the race... Seems ok to me :)
Anyway, I got some lag issues which distracted me as I saw ppl do some strange lines, it happened also when I missed the breaking point at the corkscrew and hit fiCaks. As I don't use any kind of driving aid, and auto-clutch is included, the engine stopped and I had to wait the restart of it losing some time.

Anyway, a really good race as I had to stay long time away from the game and with my Laurea coming soon I have really few time to play any kind of game. At this point it's a really pity that I didn't join the first 2 races (didn't have the cars).

Most Played games (actually): - Gran Turismo 6 (PS3); - World of Warcraft (PC); - SimRaceWay (PC); - DotA 2 (Steam PC)

#66 Litos76

Litos76

Novice

• 38 posts
  • LocationPorto, Portugal

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

Best weekend for me!

Nothing to say...4th time during the week, 3rd time for qualification.

I know I wasn't the fastest but I knew I could be in the podium because of my consistency. The faster guys were spining out of the track a lot and I took advantage of that.

Great race for me. I think I did everything right this time!

Thank you for the congrats guys

Obrigado Pedro

#67 andybob

andybob

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

Well done Pedro could not quite catch you after I had awful qualifying after being taken out twice so only made 7th but had a great race to finish race 2nd 0.7 behind you.

You deserved the win.

#68 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

Congrats to you Litos and Andy. Very consistent and clean race. It's a Pity for ingange. Hope you will fix your wheel issue. Regards

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#69 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

Because of characteristics of lime rock left tyres in ford likes to loose grip on 1st and last corner because of overheating, i did some tests and adding 7kPa (173) to FL and 10kPa (176) to RR tyre eliminates that problem, for me its worth of checking because it is small change and has no affect on times but very much on stability

sorry for thrying to help with easiest and less impact solutin

#70 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

Ford GT-R GT2 has just been updated for the second time in 2 days. Yesterday the default differential values, today pushrod angles in all four corners of the car. All that to make it more comfrotable to drive, while keeping the natural character of it.

There is still a visual problem with brake lights and it's very concerning, considering our plan to do a day to night transition, which will introduce factors like overall limited visibility and front lights of a car behind colliding with brake lights of the one in front, all together making it even harder to see them. Our artists are looking into it right now, so stay tuned for further updates on that topic.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#71 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

I think the ford gt drives pretty good, the tyre temp buildup is neccesary for realistic driving so you dont push the way you wouldnt in real life. Most GT cars in SRW already have this model i think and i like it, if you attack few corners in a row sideways then yes you lose grip for next 2 corners but thats how it should be.

Only thing that if you have that tyre buildup then any balance problems with the car show very easily. This car doesnt understeer too much so the (left) tyre temps are pretty equal so its good. Maybe only a bit too much preload so car attitude is sleepy on getting it into a turn but thats only diff problem, suspension and aero seem pretty balanced, good job. 

- Launger

#72 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

Last round wasn't very satisfying for me. We were all pretty evenly matched in the top 5 times, I started 3rd and moved up to 2nd when the leader went off at turn 3. The first lap was really great, close action with no bumping!

Then we got to the last turn of lap one, I got bumped from behind, went way wide, had to recover, and lost 3 positions by turn 1 on the next lap. Then we just sorta all drove around chasing each other and the race was over as the B event is so short.

The bump was really frustrating. I just logged out and haven't even gone back until tonight. It would have been less frustrating if it hadn't cost so many positions. If they thought they had the speed to put a move on me why take the wild dive and shove me off track there? They could have made a good exit, then fought for it at turn 1 where there is room to setup and do it right.

When we drive I try really hard not to bump into anyone, to the point that I've gone off course to avoid an accident. Others though seem content to let the bumps happen, and if it gains them positions then great! I don't want to do that too, but if everyone is bunched up then accidents might happen. If they do I don't think I'll be pulling over to give positions back anymore unless the race director says to. I also don't think I'm going to take massive evasive actions anymore to prevent the bumps from happening.

#73 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Well done Pedro could not quite catch you after I had awful qualifying after being taken out twice so only made 7th but had a great race to finish race 2nd 0.7 behind you.

You deserved the win.

I'm Pedro, Litos76 is Carlos (I think it's his name)

xD

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#74 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

OK. Was it one of you who covered the curbs at Lime Rock with butter?

I'm suspecting it was the same guy who sold them all the armco to put 10 feet away from the buttery curbs!  :)

#75 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Another update to the Ford GT-R GT2 has just been processed!

It contains a few key, visual fixes. Rear lights are now much brighter in both idling and braking conditions, but also front window's tint has been removed, substantially improving visibility from cockpit.

That will be the last update before Sunday. I hope you like it and wishing you all best of luck in qualifying  :)

P.S. 1

Sadly the mirror still has the tint, but it's a much larger topic, which is associated with every other car. Our artists are on it and fix will eventually find it's way through.

P.S. 2

Please expect an update to points standings today.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#76 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

There is a funny situation with this limerock

Only place where you can win time is the chicane, and the fastest way through it like you can see from coss´s replay is to use curbs to jump over the low tyres, if you cut the curb enough then it doesnt jump the car either, but if you cut it just a bit then you fly on exit and cant get power down.

But now if someone hits the tyres, they pile up so that you cant cut the curbs anymore, so track becomes 0.2s slower. That can become very decisive on a track like this or worse you could abuse it on purpose, wreck the tyres once you have a good time so others cant do it that easily.

- Launger

#77 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

There is a funny situation with this mid-ohio

It's Lime Rock but i know what you mean :D

The curbs on nearly every corner are killing me, Struggling to complete 3 or 4 consistent laps in a row without loosing it on an icy curb and crashing with damage.

The race should be fun, if it's like this for everyone we might not see a lot of finishers. Hope i'm wrong.

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#78 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

Oops typo fixed lol

Yeah all this is odd in hotlapping but in a race it only adds excitement. For sure many people will go into the wall, especially in the dark and thats a nice challenge.

And also again the temperatures will play its part, during the day after 2-3 laps all 4 tyres are overheated with fast driving so under the sun you need to take it easy a bit but when it gets darker and colder you can push differently :P

Only thing i wish that the headlight lamp model was a bit bigger and with a bigger gradient. Current one just shows a small area infront of you and then suddenly dissaepars. I know its limited in real life too but still a bit bigger and ofc fades off. But tracks themselves look good during changing daytime

- Launger

#79 Litos76

Litos76

Novice

• 38 posts
  • LocationPorto, Portugal

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:19 AM

I'm Pedro, Litos76 is Carlos (I think it's his name)

xD

I got confused as well.

Yes, my name is Carlos.

#80 andybob

andybob

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

Sorry for the confusion with your name Carlos :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users