#22 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

I wish that one day kart events/races dont allow ABS

I dont want to drive without myself since high abs is always faster but it would make the kart much realistic and its handling better to judge if it was without. Ok with current state of kart it would be very hard but still step in the direction of realism. better spectacle also for sure

- Launger

#23 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

I would be up for no ABS for more realism if it was set for all but I don't think it will be because it will make the kart a lot harder to drive for some due to not having the feeling of lock up and weight transfer like in a real kart.

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#24 Lukesky80

Lukesky80

Novice

• 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

may be that it is more realistic, but would run the duty machining genomes because certainly no more than 3-4 people see the goal! but yes you can both enjoy driving without abs :D

SQ:  1032

My Cars: 109

Miles Raced:  175,081

#25 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

GRAB_005.jpg

#progress

Does PDC set up their karts so too, that front temps are atleast 30 higher than rear? Btw this pic is made after 2 laps and aftet a corner, after more laps and midcorner they go to 130. Its not normal. Equal tyre temps under normal pushing driving shows balance and my setup provided that. Who else besides acer and elite, real kart drivers, need to say that they agree?

- Launger

#26 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

doublepost that i cant delete because you cant delete your posts in this forum!

- Launger

#27 Ribeiro

Ribeiro

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationSao Paulo, Brazil

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:27 AM

Provisional results (made by me in collaboration with Cossacco for some decisions):

mribeiro_kartfinal_revised.png

#28 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:42 AM

Thanks Ribeiro!

Guys, I'm happy to say that Ribeiro stepped in with his help on that and hopefully we'll make a longer relationship out of this  :)

The above are provisional results, so before a review, but they already include resolved ties. Stay tuned for final and if you have any questions - go ahead!

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#29 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

Please can you explain how the tied positions were worked out? was it based on the 4th round score even though it was dropped?

#30 Ecnelis

Ecnelis

Semi-Pro

• 109 posts
  • LocationPrehoryłe

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

What about Simraceway Kart World Championship - January 2014 final stands?  ;)

#31 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Multiple sonoma layouts are great, but i hope next season also brings progress to the kart itself... please listen to me coss, let me help. everyone agrees, if you dont have time to work on kart for real then just let me make the setup or test some versions or hell give me time and resources and i will build the kart handling, tyre and engine files for you myself, you guys let users do broadcast, results, races for you but suddenly helping with driving is too much? No idea why we didnt atleast keep using my setup

I bet if you did what you have done with your best cars, bring a real kart champ to your PDC and let him test back  to back in game and real life he will say exact words that i, elite and acer have said.

Real racekart is so cool to drive and i really want it to be like that in srw, atm its nothing like it.

Make it slip, remove abs, then we will have fun! Everything you guys need to know i have written in this and other kart threads already.

Look at the video again that i posted on first page, rear tyres slide on a kart and it never snaps in real life, you can get any slide under control with a 5 degree steering change. 

- Launger

#32 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

I didnt know that the sonoma racetrack and layout updates also included sonoma kart track rework. The track seems much smoother especially on the height changes, more realistic too when comparing it to the real life videos, very good.

When can we expect continuation of kart champs? :P i hope that pause is used to do something to the kart itself too...

- Launger

#33 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

I was told there are plans for a kart round this weekend, and the race time may change on saturday too. Possibly before the lola races.

Wait to see what Coss says but I hope the hot lap server is up soon.

I think the main wait was for the track update releases but we will have to wait and see if there are any kart updates.

#34 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

I see the hotlap with 18h to go and no times and no info, not really good to do a race within such a short notice....

- Launger

#35 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

Also one note about the new sonoma kart track, although its upgraded ingeneral, someone has forgot to add the racing line. Just like in real life (well actually in real life karting i would say its a very big difference if you drive on the laid down rubber or not), all rfactor tracks have 5% more grip on the dark lines plus it gives a nice contrast to the otherwise dull and mixing grey tarmac and beige yellow sand

- Launger

#36 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Hello Guys!

That was a quick one, but it's there: http://community.sim...nship-season-8/

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users