• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nixx

nixx

Novice

• 11 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

As the subject says, when I edit a replay in-game to keep only a part of it, then save out the edited clip, the resulting .avi file has no sound (although a PCM audio stream is actually present in the file).

My attempts were with 1920x1080, 25fps replay exports, on several different replays.

Tested only with edited replays, as all my available ones are too long to test with.

thanks,

nick

#2 nixx

nixx

Novice

• 11 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

Can anyone please do a quick test and confirm ?

Use the in-game preview tools to edit any one of your replays to a few seconds long (so the export only takes a couple of minutes), export, and see if the resulting .avi has any audible sound.

#3 nixx

nixx

Novice

• 11 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

Looks like not many people edit & export their replays :)

Anyway, for future reference, I think I found a workaround : Replay export seems to work right the second time. So, when you 're ready to save the replay, first save a 160x120 (or whatever the lowest resolution option is), so that it's done in real time. After that, hit save again, and then select the actual desired resolution. That second saved file will be a proper .avi complete with working sound.

Still a bug probably, but an easily worked-around one after all.

#4 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

Thanks for workaround i have same problem aswell

- Launger

#5 nixx

nixx

Novice

• 11 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:41 AM

Glad to see I wasn't alone in this Risto, and that the workaround actually helped someone :)

#6 japreja

japreja

Novice

• 40 posts
  • LocationMontana, USA

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:02 PM

I have the same problem.  Windows 7 Professional (32-Bit), Factory installed onto a 3Ghz. 64-Bit AMD Athlon II x2 model B24.

I also noticed the output file is sent to my desktop and does not save the video thumbnail preview until the second save as per the above post #3.  Also the framerate, video size, and bitrate are not saved to the file header the first time.  After pulling in the video to "Blender 2.72b" the audio data is listed with the video, but it is not present , the devs have written something in the output header but forgot to write the actual audio data the header points to.

Check the size of the first file and second file, they differ in size due to the alocated (in the header) but missing audio track.

The above workaround (post #3) is OK for small clips of video, but larger sized clips or full races take ages to complete.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: replay, no sound, avi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users