49 replies to this topic

#21 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

I can give you the customer contract variant of my fuel consumption info: with 25L you will not run out of fuel in 16 laps

:D

- Launger

#22 capabomba

capabomba

Novice

• 44 posts
  • LocationSalerno - Italy

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

One suggestion to the organizers after the first two races. I think there should be uniformity with race rules for the whole weekend. So Hotlap, Heat Races and Race should all have the same race settings. I'm basically talking about open fuel strategy. This weekend Heats were with closed fuel strategy while race was open. I don't know about Hotlap because I didn't check.

One more useful thing would be to have a link here in the forum to the hotlap ranking for each race and at the same time there should be a link to this forum thread in each related event page. I'm sure this is quite easy to implement :)

#23 Wildseven

Wildseven

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Sorry Cossacco, it's about to come the third stage of the championship and we still don't know the results of the last two races.

Update the standings as soon as you can please ;)

PS

Also the first championship still wait for a final standings ^__^'

#24 capabomba

capabomba

Novice

• 44 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

Yesterday race was funny for me, despite the fact I finished 9th because of some accident that anyway I should have taken into account in this kind of track. Best part for me was when I was fighting for 7th position, after I managed to overtake B13A6 and Nelsenior. Too bad a few laps later Nelsenior missed the braking point and pushed me out at first corner, causing me to lose two positions and also a bit of patience (in fact I got frustrated and I made a mistake in the same lap resulting in another damage to the rear end of the car). 

Anyway it's very nice to race such expert drivers and it's helping me improve a lot. 

Here the final standing for those who missed it https://www.simracew.../6899?locale=en

@ Staff

I know you're busy with tons of events to handle and other day to day work, but the last round of the championships is approaching and we don't have yet a single race standing, let alone the overall championship standing. Please, we rely on you :) Thanks!

p.s.

the other race results 

https://www.simracew.../6744?locale=en

https://www.simracew.../6827?locale=en

#25 Jean-Marc Piquet

Jean-Marc Piquet

Contributor

• 6 posts
  • Facebook:Nelsenior
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

Capabomba, I really apologize for this little but well placed bump ! But it was the first time you made a so perfect short brake !!! :rolleyes:

It was an exciting fight with M.Piet, B13A6 and you and I really enjoyed this race. Thx 

Nelsenior   ;) 

#26 capabomba

capabomba

Novice

• 44 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

Capabomba, I really apologize for this little but well placed bump ! But it was the first time you made a so perfect short brake !!! :rolleyes:

It was an exciting fight with M.Piet, B13A6 and you and I really enjoyed this race. Thx 

When the race was finished I really wanted to make a report because I was angry but after I cooled down I realized these kind of situations are part of the game. So no bad feelings :)

#27 capabomba

capabomba

Novice

• 44 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

Big "Thank You" to Cossacco who just updated the standings. Much appreciated  :D

#28 MrPiet

MrPiet

Seasoned

• 51 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

Big "Thank You" to Cossacco who just updated the standings. Much appreciated  :D

Yes ,this is nice but...what about the final standings of earlier Evo WC??

#29 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

For me one of the best races in a big while

In quali i managed to pull half a second on my PB out of nowhere, on the lap i was terrible at 1st corner, losing 0.2sec of previous session pb in 1st sector and then i pulled 2nd sector absolutely perfectly and 3rd no mistakes too, very happy with pole.

Panther got ahead in 1st  corner as i took it too easy on braking and then it was 15 laps of crazy pushing, i have not had concentration for that long for a while, i was always faster in and out of the chicane but panther took it back  elsewhere with lolin and cortese always in mirrors too. I was close sometimes but usually a second gap.

Last lap into chicane i braked just on the limit and grabbed all the gap back, i was right behind for last 2 corners, lets analyze:

If you look at the line i chose as i was outside of panther, my car is not pointing out of the track. My aim was to be next to his right doors and no further.

The ideal line to take in that corner is, like everywhere else, is from the apex in the middle of the corner, but panther was not at apex but left some room from apex in order to squeeze me. At 0:06 you can see a bump (maybe or maybe not a result of me squeezing him into the inside which rebounded into me, but very slightly which usually would be 100% standard evo racing) pushes me out a good distance, i do everything to come back as much left as possible, even if i had braked to stay more on the track, i would have stayed next to him and overtake him in the next corner. But i couldnt be ´´between the lines´´ anyway because he himself was on the edge of track so i took what i could.

AND in the heat i decided to give position back to him because i really dont want to be an ass, but by then panther was already probably swearing and threw his car in the wall and slowed down, so if i slowed down more to let him past then we would have finished 3rd and 4th instead.... sorry i had to make the video short because i have to make the M26 race lol

I say nothing bad done by either and i take this win in my bag of well earned victories :) Looking forward to next race

- Launger

#30 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

:rolleyes: (to remind they both got penalty)

#31 Wildseven

Wildseven

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:40 AM

In my opinion grey car must be penalized cause it goes too much wide and took advantage for the exit speed. Not a little bit.

It don't seems that VP push it.

I would not penalized the two driver of the Sikham's post. They are still over the curb or really near but...

Another "strange" case is happened during the heat race 1

In my opinion it should be a red flag situation, Cossacco don't agree with this...

In race two we got two red flag for similar situation... why this not?

We can count 8 or nine cars involved... this is not enough for restart a race just started?

In my opinion surely yes.

What do you think about it?  ;)

I hope that these conversation can inprove the futures game situations ;)

PS

Cossacco you asked us what to do with devilBevin, responsable of massives crashes (more than one)  but, in my opinion, you have not to ask it to us, in that situation we cannot watch the replay, we cannot knows the real situation while you are watching us from outside u only could have a right visual of the facts, u're the referee :P

#32 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:31 AM

Wildseven, restart of the race is a very powerful tool and has to be used carefully. This decision rarely happens in real life and that's how it should be here.

If you look at this video, you will notice that a good few drivers havent done much to avoid the incident. This is the kind of behavior that we need to analyse and change, using various methods. I personally believe in the intelligence and maturity of our drivers, so prefer a discussion. That doesn't always work, but everyone deserves a chance.

There could be a good few reasons why a driver or precisely simracer in this case is taking such a risk. Definitely not afraid of his life, definitely not of the damage to the car. One of the many reasons is that he believes in restarts. Restart in simracing means a completely new car and new chance.

So this is just one of the reasons why they should be avoided as fire. One, very strong one, but there are more. Early stage of the race can be decisive for the final outcome. Every driver has a particular strategy for these moments of the race. Some give their all to get a good launch off the line and take a position, then defend it, some the opposite, allow the competitor to take the front and set them up for an overtake later on. Multiple options. 

By doing a restart, I give a second chance to guys who screwed up, but at the same time ruin the plan for guys who got it all right there. So to me, restarts can only be used in critical moments.

In this case, key contenders for the win in the race have done everything well. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#33 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:48 AM

I will give a second look at the situation between vanPanther and Launger during the final review. When I saw it live it looked like a brilliant move, but the number of angles to analyse has built up in my head after watching the replay multiple times. Also considering the post of sikham, which will play an important role in the judgment, so thanks for it.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#34 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:20 AM

Hi all. Great Race from all yesterday (not from me). i almost missed the start and could manage only to Change my steering lock but not my fuel. I was driving the race with 40 Liters of fuel because of that :(. maybe thats the reason that i lost my Speed from Quali ^^.

Launger is right that he was faster at the chicane. But when you watch the repaly launger than you now why. Watch your line how you go into chicane and how i took the chicane. you cuttet the inside of the 1st Corner. But thats ok. Everybody else has done the same i think. i was not cutting the 1 Corner so thats why i lost a lot time there every lap. But thats my bad and not your Problem.

The last lap i was going on the safe side and wasnt pushing very hard. I knew that is almost impossbile to overtake on Watkins (on legal way :P )

Thats how i saw the overtaking manover: I was defeding the inside line for the next Corner and give Launger enough space on the outside (when i want i could Change my line more to the outside too. but i dont wanna race like that. so i decided to give him enough space. than i was really suprised about his try to overtake me on the outside. i went into Corner side by side with launger. he came very Close to my side when tryed to overtake me outside. When i tryed to push the trottle again we touched each other. I was trying to avoid a Crash and lift of the trottle for a very short Moment. That was enough that he can overtake me 10 meters offtrack. when he came back to track he almost hit my car so i hit the brake very early. In the last Corner he braked me down as much as possbile so that i lost all my Speed to fight back out of the Corner.

So its up to you coss to make a decision. From my opinion launger tryed a very optimistic overtakeing manover and finsihed it with everythink he have (using the whole track and blocking me on the next Corner). But when everybody think its was on of the best overtaking manovers (including coss) than its like that and i have to get over it.

sorry for my english

#35 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:23 AM

dont know how to delete a double post ^^

#36 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Launger is right that he was faster at the chicane. But when you watch the repaly launger than you now why. Watch your line how you go into chicane and how i took the chicane. you cuttet the inside of the 1st Corner. But thats ok. Everybody else has done the same i think. i was not cutting the 1 Corner so thats why i lost a lot time there every lap. But thats my bad and not your Problem.

I wathed the whole race on replay today morning with clear head, you should too.

Yes i know how i was faster on chicane: beause i braked later and took it better. How do you think you can cut the chicane if at entry there is armco right after the curb? 2 wheels will be behind white lines always, unless i dematerialize and go throuh armco.

And i cant see myself cutting 1st corner either. You know like me that the inner curb is bumpy and slippery, fastest way is right around it. I aim for every apex same way every lap and if i get a wrong line then i get slower. And on exit of T1 i went wide no more than you. I have big respect for you as fastest evo driver but me cutting to be as fast as you is just not true. I dont see any other way to drive rather than to take everything. You seem to set yourself some restrictions, driving without using all the road, what next, you say that you drove with only one hand and i must feel bad for using two? Thats like the difference between Barichello and Schumacher. Both were young talents but one of them hang on the morals while the other became most sucsessful F1 driver ever....

And about the overtake, sure, i agree with everything said above in every post except blocking into next corner, i just slotted exactly ahead of you and that was that. anyway i felt guilty too, wanted to let you past, but you put your car into wall and slow down more so i take it as gesture that i should keep the win but feel guilty for it and thats exactly what i will do unless admins decide to make any after-race changes. i stand by my points in the video post

- Launger

#37 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts
  • LocationBraga, Portugal

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

About the restarts on heat race: http://community.sim...aceway/?p=10873

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

#38 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

About the restarts on heat race: http://community.sim...aceway/?p=10873

Reply: http://community.sim...y-2014/?p=10909

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#39 GCortese

GCortese

Novice

• 32 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

:rolleyes: (to remind they both got penalty)

this too  :P (3:20)

Gio Cortese

#40 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts
  • LocationBraga, Portugal

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

But why in heat 1 no restart, and heat 2, two restarts?

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users