• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

No time to test until friday and by that time the last round would have started but these guys above know what their talking about so I am happy to go along with Launger's set up.

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#42 capabomba

capabomba

Novice

• 44 posts
  • LocationSalerno - Italy

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

For a while i have been thinking of building a better kart setup, nothing big and there are not much setup options but i finaly present it:

Whoever can, please test this in sonoma kart

http://www.upload.ee...Sonoma.svm.html

(this file goes to appdata, simraceway, userdata, yourname, settings, infineonkart)

I feel like this setup makes the car safer to drive (less snapping) but also better to drive as it slides and rolls more freely.

What i have done is removed all the front toe (-2.0 is pretty big), and compensated it with maximum caster.

Removing the toe also removes the absurd high front tyre temp (~20c higher than rear when driving normally)

and caster not only compensates with balance but also stimulates kart steering (google ackermann steering)

Also i upped the tyre pressures to give it a bit more slip like a real kart, that means it can slide more without ripping itself loose.

Test back to back this setup and default one, preferably many laps in a row so you see the temperature difference.

Let me know all you think, i think this will make kart racing even more enjoyable for both fast and not yet fast drivers :D

Sorry Launger, but does this work ok also for joypad users? I'm totally new to car setup on SRW as I thought it wasn't possible at all.

Thanks!

#43 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

Yes it should be better for everyone

- Launger

#44 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

Well done Launger for dominating Sonoma round, great performance.

Gratz to both you and Acerockolla for the championship battle, shame I couldn't compete with you due to game crash at troyton then a silly mistake at shinjuku.

Sonoma race for me didn't start too well, couldn't get clutch to work off the line which led to me being hit in turn 1 and spun, then whilst lapping got into more trouble, but by that time Launger was way too far ahead for this to have any affect on my race.

Look forward to Febs championship

#45 D1AMONDBACK

D1AMONDBACK

Seasoned

• 69 posts
  • LocationExeter, England

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

Sorry for the turn 1 incident elite I tried all I could not to hit you. it really cost me to I got hit then because of it which pushed me off track getting me a stop go. Lets hope next championship goes better eh.

#46 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

No worries mate, I know your a clean driver. If I would have got off the start properly I wouldn't have been as susceptible to contact anyway. Darn pedals causing problems, clutch has no progression even after re-mapping and throttle spiking even after cleaning pots.

#47 Jekyll66

Jekyll66

Contributor

• 8 posts
  • LocationÖsterreich

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

Thanks to all riders for the exciting January Karting World Championship,
and I'm looking forward again to the next.

Gratitude is the vigilance of soul, against the forces of destruction. (Marcus Aurelius)

#48 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

My setup updated ot latest kart version:

Much better imo

Same points of my first post apply

Only problem is that i couldnt find the setting for driver model size  :rolleyes:

- Launger

#49 capabomba

capabomba

Novice

• 44 posts
  • LocationSalerno - Italy

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

My setup updated ot latest kart version:

Much better imo

Same points of my first post apply

Only problem is that i couldnt find the setting for driver model size  :rolleyes:

Too big of a guy? :D

#50 Chris007

Chris007

Contributor

• 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:08 PM

Still not been paid for Jan /Feb Karting events..

#51 Chris007

Chris007

Contributor

• 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:34 AM

It's now Feb 28 2015,still no sign of any payment of my prize money from jan/feb events in 2014,i had communicated with Coss on direct chat on home page last year about aug sept,he said it looks like a am due a good payment,well it still hasn't appeared. i have $39.39 in my account.i suppose it's not even going to be worth seeing if they will pay that into my paypal..As Jekyll66 say's in a post from april's event it's not very professional of SRW,i haven't played for a while but watched the streams on sundays,really feel disappointed and let down by them.don't know whether i will be reinstalling in the near future. Bit of a thumbs down imo,sorry guys.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users