• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Ecnelis

Ecnelis

Semi-Pro

• 109 posts
  • LocationPrehoryłe

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

Another week, another lucky looser for me... Many DNFs in main race, I wasn't fast, but didn't spun once, 8th place after 24 laps...

Someone hit my rear by suprise when I was going slow out of one of corners, too slow maybe - sorry

Almost the same issue this week... I was in my line = not making sudden moves, slower than top drivers and got rammed (this time it was my fault, I was really slow, sorry, but there was enough room to make clean pass), another time I had to make sharp turn to avoid being rammed for second time... And most of the time there is only fraction of the second after blue flag appearance to do anything, especially leaving the race line, which means doing unexpected moves. I don't think anyone want that.

Or am I getting something wrong?

#22 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

Another week, another lucky looser for me... Many DNFs in main race, I wasn't fast, but didn't spun once, 8th place after 24 laps...

Almost the same issue this week... I was in my line = not making sudden moves, slower than top drivers and got rammed (this time it was my fault, I was really slow, sorry, but there was enough room to make clean pass), another time I had to make sharp turn to avoid being rammed for second time... And most of the time there is only fraction of the second after blue flag appearance to do anything, especially leaving the race line, which means doing unexpected moves. I don't think anyone want that.

Or am I getting something wrong?

i checked out the replay a bit to see if some things i saw in a flash or guessed at, were as i thought...

u had nothing to do with chris incident so sorry for the bad guess...

just right behind us he understeered off as i was lapping you, this proximity made me guess tut naughty

i did see someone else spin (during race i think) as he was passing u but he used the kerb in a way that upset kart so also not your fault :)

i saw u get rammed hard ^^

launger lol ! :P

(the v fast long right hander near start of lap after chicane)

u did the right thing as he approached left door wide open for him.... no idea why he tried to stay wide too and run into back of u like that  ^^ a really simple up the inside job surely heh

i was slightly worried as i tried to lap u as i was in some tight battles !

losing any time was painful

caught u toward the last corner which is bad place as there then t1 its one fast line otherwise losing a lot of time....

nerves get frayed!

i was trying hard to stay in front of chris at the time!

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#23 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:12 AM

suggestion for the top 8 from hotlap

for 9th-14th 'prize' could be guaranteed place in the heats

still leaves many places open, maybe after qual kick slowest if needed to make room if that scenario happened

and gives people a bit extra to fight for in the hotlap :)

just a thought i had as i was busting a gut to do under 52sec ;) 0:51.942 ! 10th hehe

tho it is a bit suspiciously 'self interest' :P

but good idea nonetheless ;)

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#24 acerockolla

acerockolla

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

to the person asking about finding speed in these karts, i agree with what elite said but i also want to add that its so important to maintain a high average speed, and that sometimes means sacrificing the entry/braking in favor of the rest of the corner and exit.

#25 Chris007

Chris007

Contributor

• 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

i checked out the replay a bit to see if some things i saw in a flash or guessed at, were as i thought...

u had nothing to do with chris incident so sorry for the bad guess...

just right behind us he understeered off as i was lapping you, this proximity made me guess tut naughty

i did see someone else spin (during race i think) as he was passing u but he used the kerb in a way that upset kart so also not your fault :)

i saw u get rammed hard ^^

launger lol ! :P

(the v fast long right hander near start of lap after chicane)

u did the right thing as he approached left door wide open for him.... no idea why he tried to stay wide too and run into back of u like that  ^^ a really simple up the inside job surely heh

i was slightly worried as i tried to lap u as i was in some tight battles !

losing any time was painful

caught u toward the last corner which is bad place as there then t1 its one fast line otherwise losing a lot of time....

nerves get frayed!

i was trying hard to stay in front of chris at the time!

Don't know what happened,was looking at u 2 in front and next thing i knew i was spinning like a top...

#26 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

Thats unlucky Chris by the looks of it you got sucked into the wall and it spat you out into a spin. That wall has ended my race before in the heats.

The last corner is a tricky one to take, if I take the curb the kart wants to lose traction and spin unless i'm very careful. I find it best to get as close to the curb as possible with a slight lift off throttle before entry.

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#27 Ludovic Gayon

Ludovic Gayon

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • Facebook:arckeo72
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

Super race I really enjoyed myself :)  even if I had abandoned :(  (I forgot to configure the starter button :wacko: ).

Thank you for all the guys and fair play of latecomer.

Arckeo 72

#28 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

I cant make this race because i dont have time for practice and i will still be at work in saturday evening

Unless acer and elite dont finish 1 and 2, i dont think i have a chance to win the champ even if i win last round but lets see, i like sonoma kart most anyway, most important that i dont miss that ;)

- Launger

#29 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

Thats a shame Launger would have been good to have another battle with you, I take it this will be your dropped round so you still are in with a shout, my dropped round was last week after that disaster of game crashing so must make up for it this week.

#30 Chris007

Chris007

Contributor

• 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Hi,

Was just wondering which is the correct line to take @ Shinjuku after 1st corner,do we go to the right of the post as the driving line shows or to the left of the post as i have seen many of the top times doing??

#31 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

Hi,

Was just wondering which is the correct line to take @ Shinjuku after 1st corner,do we go to the right of the post as the driving line shows or to the left of the post as i have seen many of the top times doing??

dont think there is a 'correct' one

there are 2 spaces.. pick one u want :) before or after pillar

i use first space forwards or reverse track so different one :)

simraceway=simdontpay

#32 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

I think you can take either like Jolly said and i also use first space, seems a slightly straighter line

#33 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

Gratz to acerockolla for this months championship, looks like you controlled that last race. Sorry I didn't put up much of a fight. Troyton I couldn't do anything about but this one was a mistake from me.

My race was a disaster, firstly the clutch didn't work correctly and was almost stalling from the start, then I was pushing too hard and tapped the wall (with a little help from throttle spike), lost front bumper and had to make a pit.

I suppose this is part of racing and that's why I like this new format, can't afford to slip up in the race itself.

#34 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

crazy race it was, a lot of incidents!

the secret to slipping up in the race is to do it late B)

i got too good a turn in to right hander after downward spiral... over ran apex, unfortunately apex = concrete pillar :P

limped round to 3rd with no front wing  :wacko: 

simraceway=simdontpay

#35 Chris007

Chris007

Contributor

• 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

was a good race for me,i was more or less last after coming up the ramp and had a few battles with ppl (wttn,nelsenior) and finally managed to finish in

2nd place after passing Mr_Jolly on the 15th lap,i was wondering why i got past so easily now i see that your car was damaged.

Thks for great race and see you all next week @ Sonoma.

#36 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

I think the front bumper comes off way too easy in these karts, In real life it's quite rare for them to fly off after contact. Most of the time they just dent but stay intact which doesn't affect the kart but on here slight contact and the bumper is gone. Race ruined really unless it happens late on.

#37 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

was a good race for me,i was more or less last after coming up the ramp and had a few battles with ppl (wttn,nelsenior) and finally managed to finish in

2nd place after passing Mr_Jolly on the 15th lap,i was wondering why i got past so easily now i see that your car was damaged.

Thks for great race and see you all next week @ Sonoma.

my bumper contact wasnt light :P but i know what u mean elite :)

yeah chris i wanted u by safely as we might end up in a wreck as u wouldnt expect the bits i had to slow down in for apparently no reason :D

troyton was more of an epic battle :)

simraceway=simdontpay

#38 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

For a while i have been thinking of building a better kart setup, nothing big and there are not much setup options but i finaly present it:

Whoever can, please test this in sonoma kart

http://www.upload.ee...Sonoma.svm.html

(this file goes to appdata, simraceway, userdata, yourname, settings, infineonkart)

I feel like this setup makes the car safer to drive (less snapping) but also better to drive as it slides and rolls more freely.

What i have done is removed all the front toe (-2.0 is pretty big), and compensated it with maximum caster.

Removing the toe also removes the absurd high front tyre temp (~20c higher than rear when driving normally)

and caster not only compensates with balance but also stimulates kart steering (google ackermann steering)

Also i upped the tyre pressures to give it a bit more slip like a real kart, that means it can slide more without ripping itself loose.

Test back to back this setup and default one, preferably many laps in a row so you see the temperature difference.

Let me know all you think, i think this will make kart racing even more enjoyable for both fast and not yet fast drivers :D

- Launger

#39 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Your setup looks like good, but I'm terrible with the kart :D

But not slower nor faster, so it feels ok for me.

Bolinhas

#40 acerockolla

acerockolla

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

I like the setup Launger, the turn in is good while still being controllable which is true to real life karting. I think this setup should be the new default.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users