New Year's Championship - 2014

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#21 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

I was hoping that Coss would do that - I don't know what andreukipassa username is on this forum so I was unable to message him myself.

should know by now, at least he will... because he is in chat, and i send him PM there. Pitty your missing race though...

#22 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Well, that was a disaster for me. I should have known when I had to bail out of my fastest qualifying lap to tend to a screaming kid that it would be one of those days!

Had to back out of it at the start since the folks ahead weren't using launch control. Then got tagged from behind at turn 1 and picked up minor damage. A lap later I went to pass a car that had been given a stop and go not expecting him to fight for the corner as he was stopping. That was my mistake as he fought and I ended up missing the turn-in point and my front wing. I didn't notice the wing was gone until my car attempted to take off like a plane just past the pit entrance and I had to limp a whole lap.

When I did pit my crew put a full fuel load back in so the car was heavy and the stop was over 30 seconds long. I just wanted some points for finishing now!

Came out a lap down. The same car I tangled with at the last turn gave me a little tap from behind again as I unlapped myself. At that point I just tried to get to the finish, which I did.

I think most of the incidents that happened were racing incidents without much blame to give to anyone, sometimes they just don't go your way. I did manage to make a few fun passes when unlapping myself, but it wasn't fun to find myself a lap down.

I do think people need to really work on start line procedures. Every single race seems to have issues for someone. Mine today wouldn't have been an issue if I had been able to finish the qualifying session, so really the solution is to qualify better.

Oh well, 3 events still to go and lots of points to be had! Already excited for next week!

#23 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

Hi,

Luckily I managed to get in the 900-1000 B race as a reserve. I haven't set the fuel when it switched to race session, as I didn't know I had to do it at that time, and had to save fuel on the last lap. A few meters before the finish line, I ran out of fuel, engaged the clutch and managed to finish the race in 7th (I think). Could have been better but I consider it a nice result, for me.

Freggel, sorry for hitting you during the first laps. I hope it hasn't caused any major damage to your car, as it seemed to be a slight touch.

Congratulations to everyone who participated and thanks to cossacco, Liam and nofearc for bringin such amazing events each weekend :)

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#24 nascar88fan

nascar88fan

Novice

• 40 posts
  • LocationWest Sussex, UK

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

Indy car race 500-900 B, during the race I appeared to learn that my reaction were a bit slow, namely starting lap 4 going into turn 1 I was court out by the car in front of me slowing early, though I tried to avoid him I touched enough to send him off to the side, at turn 5 he court me fast so I stayed wide and he went to the inside appearing to be faster than me, what I did not realize was that he may have been damaged because at turn 11 he slowed again and again I was not quick enough to avoid him, it was not my intention to spoil that drivers race or the car that was behind me who may have got caught up in the wreck. I await post race summary.  

#25 riba88

riba88

Seasoned

• 89 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

nascar88fan you hit me two time in this race. I send the report to cosscacck. We will see what will be post race decision.

#26 freggel

freggel

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationKatwijk, The Netherlands

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

Freggel, sorry for hitting you during the first laps. I hope it hasn't caused any major damage to your car, as it seemed to be a slight touch.

I took quite some damage, rear wheel got orange, but no hard feelings, these things happen ;)

I took more damage by the crash between saverio/dimagico/bakosgabor (which should be investigated I think, was almost a brake test by saverio), saverio hit me and I spun.

Also, I would like to apologize to Madmax, I hit him in the final corner on lap 1 which made him spin. I didn't see that in the race, otherwise I would have waited for him. So, sorry!  :unsure:

#27 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

Quali like usual, once i start putting PB sectors then i get biggest adrenaline and i cant stop shaking so it messes up hairpin exits and everything else too. Im totally calm in any point of race but quali is just biggest uncontrollable exitement when i can go fast... 6th place 0.3 off PB which would have been pole = garbage

start ok, 4th and then 3rd but cant pull away even if im faster because you pick up the tow 400m behind and get next to the person for the end of the straight. got passed by grivi, was set to pass him but touched wall slightly so lost 10kmh speed in straights + like 2 clicks of front wing and then someone crashed into last corner brake markers so i missed corner by like 100m and smashed into wall with broken wing

so 30 second pitstop which only put back wing but didnt fix other damage so race was blown again like every weekend, had top3 pace for sure

- Launger

#28 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

should know by now, at least he will... because he is in chat, and i send him PM there. Pitty your missing race though...

I decided not to enter this championship since it's going to be hard for me to enter any of the next 3 races so I thought it was better to let others have a go.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#29 fliP

fliP

Contributor

• 2 posts
  • LocationDresden, Germany

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:39 AM

When I first drove the car on Tuesday I managed to put down a 1:15:2xx which really set me optimistic for this week's championship round because it seemed to be a quite competitive time.

However until yesterday I really struggled a lot and only just managed to replicate a 1:15:2xx, whereas in the first place I thought it should be no problem to get under 1:15:000. But since I knew that I had the speed, just lacking consistence to bring a lap together, I tried if the ghost feature would help me - and it did, a lot! It totally surprised my, and after a few laps I managed to not only keep up with the ghost of nathanalfa, but be more than 3 tenths quicker! While the 1:15:266 was putting me into 15th place, I was now in safe 8th place with a 1:14:875.

But that was not the only surprise! Today when I got into qualifying I wasn't really expecting much from it, because I knew that I am particularly bad under pressure  ;) However somehow I managed to do a 1:15:1xx which put me into 6th place. Maybe I could have even gone faster in my last lap, if I didn't run out of fuel before the first hairpin  :D

Anyway, I was really surprised and happy about that starting position, and again, not expecting much more. To bring home some decent points was my goal. Right after the start, everything seemed smooth until the car in front of me hit the brakes a bit earlier than I expected. Since this was only my second race in such championships after one with the Z4 in Donington, I was quite nervous and that was the reason why I instinctively swerved to the right, even though I probably wouldn't have hit him anyway because there was enough room. But well, I swerved to the right, which meant I was leaving the track with all four wheels, using the pit exit. I hope that's not a problem, I don't think I gained any advantage out of that.

Right away in the first corner some cars had a bit of trouble and I could overtake them on the inside, which put me into 3rd place. As this was totally awesome for me, I just tried to be consistent and bring home as many points as possible. And while I was expecting to be caught by faster cars from behind, it seemed that I could even gain on kingdaeho, who was 2nd at that time. But since I really had a lot to lose, when I caught him I was just trying to concentrate on myself and avoid stupid actions. I knew that I could afford to wait for him to make a mistake - if he didn't do any, I would've been just as fine with 3rd place.

But of course as a racer you're always trying your best to get in front - so I focused on getting a good exit out of the second to last corner so I could possibly have a go at the hairpin. Eventually I entered that corner on one lap and I already knew: This could work out! I had a good exit and gained a lot on the straight, being able to pull out of the slipstream right before braking hard into the hairpin and securing 2nd place! Now usually my biggest problem is that I miss my braking point when I'm on the inside and the other car is blocking my view to the right, where the marker boards are. But this time everything worked well and I couldn't quite believe that I was in 2nd place!

To be honest, I am not that good at being in front, as this puts a lot more pressure on me. So defending my position is really difficult for me, as I don't want to spoil anybodies race. But it came how it had to come - I thought I was still in front, turned in, and got hit and turned around. I don't really know whose fault it was, probably just a normal racing incident. However kingdaeho waited for me and let me past again, so thank you for that! Luckily the other cars where too far behind to catch the both of us, so we could continue in 2nd and 3rd.

Nevertheless it seemed that kingdaeho couldn't really find the pace again and so I pulled away. As devilbevin was in his own league all the time I knew I was in a comfortable position where I didn't have to risk anything. So I was just doing my thing lap after lap, managing the gap, and eventually bringing home 2nd place  :)

So congratulations to all the racers today, and a big thank you for all the organization! I am very much looking forward to the next rounds  :)  (and some more posts in the forum  :D )

#30 kingdaeho

kingdaeho

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:08 AM

Ahh fliP, sorry about the tap. I had orange damage in four spots from being bounced like a pinball in the opening lap. I was a bit late on brakes due to the slipstream and went to deep. 

I'm just hoping the next three races go a little better than this one. After the hotlapping sessions with devil, I was looking forward to a fight with him, but oh well.

Congrats to everyone, it was fun. :)

#31 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:28 AM

OK. I allready have question for NYC nr. 2! I´m not sure how much drag F250 have from slipstream, but i think drafting in Indy qualifyings - should be forbidden. Cossaco?

#32 MrPiet

MrPiet

Seasoned

• 51 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

I want to put a video here but don't know how to do this.

Can somebody please explain this to me?

:( :huh: :unsure:

#33 Mrjones_83

Mrjones_83

Novice

• 47 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ontario, Canada

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

I want to put a video here but don't know how to do this.

Can somebody please explain this to me?

:( :huh: :unsure:

Click the Special BBCode button beside the font selector & then select media from the drop down menu & paste the URL.

#34 Demitri

Demitri

Seasoned

• 88 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

For me, managing to qualify in the top 14 of the SQ 500-900 hot lap event was already a great success.

I started the race from P8 and somehow got myself squeezed in a sandwich in T1, but survived with just one yellow wheel. Thankfully, ingange kept his car dead still when he got spun around, so I was able to go right through him. Even though that's not a very realistic feature, if it wasn't for that, we would have both probably suffered a lot of damage, because I really had nowhere else to go. I don't want to complain, but I have to say I wasn't very pleased with Iceman94's performance either. In lap 2, after he ran his car into the wall and lost his front wing, he kept on pushing quite aggressively, when he obviously had no chance to fight. Costed me a second to get past him, so not a big deal, just wasn't very sportsmanlike in my opinion.

In 8th lap I was running on P4, with ingange behind me on P5 closing in fast, when I lost my internet connection. I was most probably going to lose the 4th position, but I think I had a good chance to make it 5th at the finish. It's a shame for me, but I enjoyed the race while I was running.

I'm gonna have to miss the next round with the Maserati 250F, but looking forward to the last couple of rounds. Thanks to everyone who's making this championship possible!

My SQ: 870-ish

My car collection: 102 cars

My wheel: Logitech G27

#35 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

I took quite some damage, rear wheel got orange, but no hard feelings, these things happen ;)

I am sorry for hearing that. I hope it has not influenced significantly your performance during the race. I applied the brakes at the same time as you but unfortunately I was going at a slightly higher speed which result in contact between me and you.

In the future, I will be more careful in situations like this :)

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#36 acerockolla

acerockolla

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:31 AM

What made my race special to me was the fact that there were so many great drivers in the field this week. It's an honor to do battle you all and I'm looking forward to the next few races and more battles to come. To summarize my race, it was high stress the whole time having to deal with micigen. He rarely makes mistakes or loses his cool so I tried hard to do the same. In the end it worked out.

#37 Ecnelis

Ecnelis

Semi-Pro

• 109 posts
  • LocationPrehoryłe

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

Any info on Round 2 track?

#38 Demitri

Demitri

Seasoned

• 88 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

Any info on Round 2 track?

Indianapolis Speedway, according to this post by Cossacco.

My SQ: 870-ish

My car collection: 102 cars

My wheel: Logitech G27

#39 bakosgabor57

bakosgabor57

Novice

• 19 posts
  • Facebook:bakosgabor57
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

Why don't we get our prizes in due time, and why can't I purchase the discount car for credits? I've spent enough money on the game (110USD).

#40 Ecnelis

Ecnelis

Semi-Pro

• 109 posts
  • LocationPrehoryłe

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

Indianapolis Speedway, according to this post by Cossacco.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users