Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 53

rttw53sq rttw53evo sro53sq sro53evo volkswagen touareg mitsubishi evolution x giza dakar dirt off road

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

the main problem with you is that you were slower than them :) i had no problem with them :)

yeah well, story of my speed went allready in qualys. I came right behind Krokus and Bolinhas... and...gosh they were fighting allready in outlap. I waited few seconds before last corner, to get some room.... thought it will be enough, but came allready on first flyer into that battle again...and the final lap the same. I couldn´t get free space on track. For third lap.... i had clear road, but only 2l fuel. So...that basicly qualifyed my car right infront of hungry beasts behind me. Start was good... i was quite aware of you and Nascarfan infront of me, so... i was a bit careful. But... guys behind should also be, but they came with pedal to the metal... like my car was not there at all....i was trying to find some free space on track, but was banging from left, right, behind... like a pinball machine. After that.... i was dead last, and allready quite pissed. I did progress i think in that lap to some ninth place or so, when again happened something which i didn´t expect. I mean... if i see a faster car behind me, (you for example!) i will probably leave room, because it´s no point fighting with 3-4 seconds faster driver, unless you want to make a mess. Well....i managed to short the distance to driver infront (dunno really who was) in really no time, i was so much faster that i thought...OK, guy saw me, he will leave some space in T1... but i got door slammed and with my speed i could only run straight forward into wall. That was my bad judgement really, but i´m pretty much sure that even side by side i would be pushed out of track. It´s just a nature of some drivers. I saw plenty of that in Evo with LukeSky and Vasilisk. For me.... that banzai moves have nothing to do with racing. You still need to respect competitors arround you.... even if they are just virtual cars.

It´s no big deal now... the day after, but i know some guys would need some racing instructor... and...now i really see the difference between classes. In 900-1100 so far, was mostly clean, and even when something happens is due to mistakes or equipment problems. While some guys yesterday came like there´s a rodeo competition.

Congrats on a win Sikham. You were probably the only one, who was unbeatable for me yesterday in our race... and did it the right way. Clean start and vanish in the distance, while blood angry beasts behind destroyed my vehicle in just few corners. (my damage was orange-yellow all arround the car in just one freakin lap! :mellow:

#22 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

T1 attack ? :D sorry its your fault because there was no space to do that, if you were faster you should simply wait for better opportunity not doing stupid insane move on T1...

and i was not the only one pretty much everyone beat you :P

#23 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

T1 attack ? :D sorry its your fault because there was no space to do that, if you were faster you should simply wait for better opportunity not doing stupid insane move on T1...

and i was not the only one pretty much everyone beat you :P

yes, they did.... with their cars! It probably wouldn´t be the case if i could qualify in second... which i couldn´t (reasons above!) ...clean lap i can still run low 3:10, which i think would be good enough on raw speed. But i also mentioned even before race. Guys will come into race, after allready one practise race with full field, full of confidence and eager to push even more than before. Yes, i did not practise afternoon, because it was stupid (or the same as in qualys)... driving alone arround Giza. Would give me bit more speed maybee, but no clue how goes start with 14 tuaregs. But, hey... you have your opinion, so.. is OK by me.

...and to conclude. Move forward. Giza is allready behind. I said my thoughts, and for me... it´s game over. It was just a bad day in the office.

#24 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

3:10 was not enough devilbewin did 3:08 in race ;) and how practice with full grid refers to laptimes ? its not a race with changeable conditions or pit strategy or even draft effect... doing 5? laps before our race is not that huge advantage as youre saying

#25 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

ah... you just really need to have last word, do you? :lol:

well, i will explain to you just one thing: for me... even if i finished behind Devil, Ingange or whoever. It´s not always a matter of finishing position. I could finish 7th if you like, but... i would like to enjoy in the race... and fighting fair, if you want. In my case... first 50 seconds of lap was mostly bang left, bang right...ugh...bang back.... and when they managed to turn me arround i even saw cars flying over me. So, from that perspective it was no joy. What pissed me off is that you deliberately don´t leave at least some space for other cars or even pushes others off track. That was my complains, not my speed...  but, as always, you will need the last words to say... so, stage is yours, and i´m off. Just remember, there might be some times when you will lead... and will pass me for a lap...and i will forget to check the mirrors. Ooops.... :wub:

#26 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

im so scared now...

#27 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

im so scary now...

i guess not, because i´m a gentleman racer, but if i would... would be interesting to see your rage here. I wasn´t pointing at anyone particular and didn´t officially complaint at race stewards, just said that in midpack was a complete mess, but how would you know?

Also, i noticed that everytime i´m typing some race report (from my perspective)... you always have something to say...usually how bad driver i am. OK... kiddo, you can have your opinion on me if you like. I know i will not be faster as i allready am. I´m older than Schumacher, have family and kids. Need to take care of job and the rest in real life... and this is just a hobby for me. But... how would you know that....probably 1/3 rd of my age or something... B) 

#28 Axfitey

Axfitey

Novice

• 39 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

I just have a question. Why do you type so many dots? It's difficult to read

#29 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

I just have a question. Why do you type so many dots? It's difficult to read

no need to read my crap. :P  But, to answer you. It´s a bad habbit, from my old chat days.

#30 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

Dimagico im realy disapointed how you discribed us . Most of us drive fair an clean . If we do a mistake then we say sory . But thereis no chat inbeatvin the race . After looking last 20 SRO , most of 700-900 races were much more clean than 900-1000 . You had some bad luck in qualy , but thats all and this is youre fault . If you were so much faster yoh should take more room for a clen lap . We had no contact so no hard feelings i think , but im relay disapinted that you se lover SQ guys as hungry beasts and .........
Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#31 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

Ok, once more, and hope for the final time. My apologies if i was harsh on words, and, i´m surprised why you raised yours. You and Sikham were ahead of me, we had no contacts there,and my anger was not at all pointing to you - and probably the most of the field. Just because of you, i went to see the replay of race, but unfortunatelly camera was mostly way ahead, so, it´s impossible to tell which guys made a sandwich of me, which ended in turning arround and into the fence. But, i do realize one thing after watching replay. It´s no tarmac where you can putt your car in line and stay there. Those jumps of cars left and right probably caused most of the contacts. I never said it was deliberate actions, but i did see that no one from the back left some space or care for others. That was my main point here. Example: i left throttle not to bump a guy ahead, while in same second i got bumped from behind, and... not sure who it was, but i was half car ahead trying to get back from the edge of track, to find that car who was behind will not move or give space not even an inch. That really pissed me off then. But hey. For me, this race is over. If i offend some, my apologies. It was typed while my head was still hot. Beside that... i think most of you guys will soon be in 900+ category, so we will settle this on track - i hope, but not with banging eachother out. :P

as said, i´m sorry because one or two naughty guys or nature of the circuit, made me to be furious in almost complete field. At the end most of my anger should be pointed at myself. I should stay out this sunday and those 7+ bucks save for Maseratti F250. That would be the best to do... :ph34r:

so, can we finaly conclude this and move on?

p.s. why testing Indy at Edmonton, where will be next race?

#32 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

Ok, once more, and hope for the final time. My apologies if i was harsh on words, and, i´m surprised why you raised yours. You and Sikham were ahead of me, we had no contacts there,and my anger was not at all pointing to you - and probably the most of the field. Just because of you, i went to see the replay of race, but unfortunatelly camera was mostly way ahead, so, it´s impossible to tell which guys made a sandwich of me, which ended in turning arround and into the fence. But, i do realize one thing after watching replay. It´s no tarmac where you can putt your car in line and stay there. Those jumps of cars left and right probably caused most of the contacts. I never said it was deliberate actions, but i did see that no one from the back left some space or care for others. That was my main point here. Example: i left throttle not to bump a guy ahead, while in same second i got bumped from behind, and... not sure who it was, but i was half car ahead trying to get back from the edge of track, to find that car who was behind will not move or give space not even an inch. That really pissed me off then. But hey. For me, this race is over. If i offend some, my apologies. It was typed while my head was still hot. Beside that... i think most of you guys will soon be in 900+ category, so we will settle this on track - i hope, but not with banging eachother out. :P
as said, i´m sorry because one or two naughty guys or nature of the circuit, made me to be furious in almost complete field. At the end most of my anger should be pointed at myself. I should stay out this sunday and those 7+ bucks save for Maseratti F250. That would be the best to do... :ph34r:

so, can we finaly conclude this and move on?

p.s. why testing Indy at Edmonton, where will be next race?

TDT is at Edmonton with the IndyCar because Sunday's first round of the championship is at Edmonton with the IndyCar - it's good that we get a bit of extra practice on the new track.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#33 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

Some info about upcoming event would be nice. . . :P

#34 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

Some info about upcoming event would be nice. . . :P

Coss did mention it in the Donington Championship thread -

"Now that Edmonton has joined our family and even before the final results and prize awards for the Donington Championship, I can give you guys a bit of a preview of the car and track combinations that will be used in the next one.

We will begin on Wednesday, the 8th of January, so next week with Round 1 out of 4: IndyCar at Edmonton Indy, then move on to Round 2 with Maserati 250F at Indianapolis Speedway, Round 3 with Audi R18 TDI at Daytona Road Course and close up with McLaren M26 at Silverstone GP.

All of these combinations are directly associated with real events and each has a great story to it, but that we will reveal later on.

What is also important from a different perspective - each of the cars will be available in TDT on Tuesday before the start of each Round, so if you don't own any of the above - hold on for the discount."

But I agree it could have been better advertised better as not everyone would have read that thread and I didn't even see it mentioned on Tuesday when it should have been one of the points to try and sell the car.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#35 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

well, i wanted more precise updates, like when,how many laps etc. :rolleyes:

#36 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:01 PM

like when

I bet sunday evening ;)

#37 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

Well, I think im not going to enter in the race with indycar, because im with flu, and im doing bad lap times :/

Good luck to all :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#38 JimHaul

JimHaul

Contributor

• 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hi guys, i'm new in this forum, but i already know some of you from SROs.

53 SRO was a chance for me to actually challange few drivers, so i finally can say, i enjoyed Giza driving Touareg :-) I even decided to try a Dakar stage event. A massively tiring race to me it was. If anybody interested i took a load of 108L of gasoline ( i had still left 3L on finish line). Hmm, maybe i will take a look at other dirt tracks to make a better score few more times. BTW my RumblePad2 served me very well with this combo so far.

Oh, you wrecked

#39 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:52 PM

All prizes for this Race-Off have been awarded and paid out to your Simraceway accounts. For details, please go to: https://docs.google....zexWnrYK3oPRufQ

This thread will be updated with necessary tables later on.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rttw53sq, rttw53evo, sro53sq, sro53evo, volkswagen touareg, mitsubishi evolution x, giza, dakar, dirt, off road

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users