Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 53

rttw53sq rttw53evo sro53sq sro53evo volkswagen touareg mitsubishi evolution x giza dakar dirt off road

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

Hello Dudes and welcome to the 53rd edition of Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off!

We begin this New Year with a one-off come back to the previous format after Donington Championship and right before the next one (which will start on Wednesday, the 8th of January).

This is our tribute to the 2014 edition of the Dakar Rally, as Volkswagen Race Touareg with a support of Mitsubishi Evolution X, take the challenge of Giza. 

Have a look at the details:

Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 53 for Skillquant group between 500 and 900

Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 53 for Skillquant group between 900 and 1100

Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 53 Evo with the Mitsubishi Evolution X

Best of luck and a lot of fun out there! :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

I keep monitoring the leaderboards, but if the current trend continues and there will be a problem with filling the grid for B race of the 900-1100 Skillquant group, then I will open an opportunity for the finishers of 500-900 A live race to take a shot at that one and get a chance to win higher prizes.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#3 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

- Launger

#4 azbest

azbest

Seasoned

• 53 posts
  • LocationPoland, Wroclaw

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

Another crazy combo by Coss :) In a positive way. Unfortunately I dont own a car and need to keep money for incoming championship. This is a reason why Im out this week. Good luck for others !

I completely agree with your point ! :P

#5 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

You agree with my comma*

I wish you could delete posts in the forum

Anyway for a minute that post was about how bad the car is to drive, cant slide at all no fun. 

- Launger

#6 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

well...at first, i didn´t want to buy Tuareg. I only drove it once at release and didn´t like it. Allready have buggy... and didn´t really like it at Giza as well. So, buying 7$ car was no brainer for me. But then... it´s something to do at sunday eve... and if you finish, car is almost payed, so... as far as i almost hate this car/track for various reasons, it´s still a challenge. Will i stay in A or go to B is not really big deal, but we may have some laughs tommorow with so much beettles in desert B)   ..ah...i bought car with credits and saved some money. Still 18000C to spend.... while cash usually goes for wanted TDT cars :rolleyes:

#7 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

well...at first, i didn´t want to buy Tuareg. I only drove it once at release and didn´t like it. Allready have buggy... and didn´t really like it at Giza as well. So, buying 7$ car was no brainer for me. But then... it´s something to do at sunday eve... and if you finish, car is almost payed, so... as far as i almost hate this car/track for various reasons, it´s still a challenge. Will i stay in A or go to B is not really big deal, but we may have some laughs tommorow with so much beettles in desert B)   ..ah...i bought car with credits and saved some money. Still 18000C to spend.... while cash usually goes for wanted TDT cars :rolleyes:

The race is going to be interesting as if you get off the ideal line in some places the bumps can catch you out, so I think if you can keep the car straight you should get a reasonable finish. I'm just hoping that if I get in race A the 10 laps doesn't overheat my wheel! 

burning-game-wheel-11167825.jpg

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#8 azbest

azbest

Seasoned

• 53 posts
  • LocationPoland, Wroclaw

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

You agree with my comma*

I wish you could delete posts in the forum

Anyway for a minute that post was about how bad the car is to drive, cant slide at all no fun. 

Maybe you should try use and set up (if it is open) handbrake if you didint.
Im not sure if it helps because like i said i dont own this car. Otherwise I think my advice is worth to try.
Good luck.

#9 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

Yeah i did gain alot by mapping the handbrake on G25 shifters sequential ´´shift up´´ command so its pretty handy and cool, but i still dont like the sliding dynamics. Its more like driving in glue than gravel/sand

- Launger

#10 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Y don't get this car and track ! For the first time i am sorry that y have bought a car ! 20 seconds behind the fastest man .

I have newer liked Giza but after y saw Paris Dakar videos of Tuareg i said to my self why not give  it a try , but now ...........................

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#11 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

All results of Race to the Weekend 53 events are published, please have a look!.

Due to the low number of qualified to Sunday Race-Off 53 SQ 900-1100 B, participants of Sunday Race-Off 53 SQ 500-900 A will get a chance to enter this race. Finishing order in Sunday Race-Off 53 SQ 500-900 A will matter.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#12 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 144 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

Hi guys.

I'm with dimagico, at first I've hated the car when it was launched but now it is much better.

And you don't need the hand brake to slide the car, you can do it on throttle, power slide it. It has torque enough to do it.

Just drive it as a rally driver :) not a road driver, when turning.

#13 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • Facebook:Massimo Mastrorocco
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

You don't need also TC to race with this car and i think you can explain the pilot's ability!!

Enjoy yourself!! B)  B)

#14 andybob

andybob

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Not my favourite combination but let's have some fun :)

#15 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

You don't need also TC to race with this car and i think you can explain the pilot's ability!!

Enjoy yourself!! B)  B)

TC is completely useless here...i agree, but without ABS i couldn´t live... as well as without handbrake in some corners.

P.S. cannot wait to get back on tarmac tracks. This kind of racing is for the "retired" ones... like Sainz and Gordon :lol:

#16 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

TC is completely useless here...i agree, but without ABS i couldn´t live... as well as without handbrake in some corners.

P.S. cannot wait to get back on tarmac tracks. This kind of racing is for the "retired" ones... like Sainz and Gordon :lol:

I don't use ABS on the Touareg as you have to work get it to lock anyway. 

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#17 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

All results of Race to the Weekend 53 events are published, please have a look!.

Due to the low number of qualified to Sunday Race-Off 53 SQ 900-1100 B, participants of Sunday Race-Off 53 SQ 500-900 A will get a chance to enter this race. Finishing order in Sunday Race-Off 53 SQ 500-900 A will matter.

basicly saying. Guys from 500-900 will arrive into next race with bunch of practise (in race trim). In 6 mile track you could also run only A race 900-1100 with only 16 starters at once... :angry:

...but then again.... more of a challenge 4 me :lol:

#18 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

it will make me laugh so much when they beat me in A race too :lol:

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#19 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

this race... from my point of view, was a fiasco. I´m almost sorry, why i didn´t quit even before the race, and  I don´t even want to watch replay to see which particular drivers was involved, but they came into our race like animals smelling blood. Fresh from the banging race before, they continued in simmilar fashion in B 900-1100. Wherever i put my car on track there was someone pushing me out and crashing into me. The most bizzare race.. i was ever in. Was that destruction derby? Because i cannot say ... this was a race! I do love SRW, but next time you came with such an idea... i will DNF before start. Of course, there are some exeptions... but... i know now, why 500-900 class (some of them!) needs some racing instructor, to learn them how to behave on track... <_<

oh...i know...i was no angel in Donington with 787, but that was a mistake which i have in mind... to not repeat. Something which i doubt crossed to mind of some who ruined my race yesterday. Then again... my fault. I shouldn´t buy this Tuareg which i probably won´t use anymore at all... as well as Giza!

#20 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

the main problem with you is that you were slower than them :) i had no problem with them :) luckily i managed to defend the honour of top group :P

btw. its kinda funny to see how afraid of them you were "they will have race practice, etc" with you believe in sq numbers you should be faster, but you weren't, maybe you're in wrong sq group then ? ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rttw53sq, rttw53evo, sro53sq, sro53evo, volkswagen touareg, mitsubishi evolution x, giza, dakar, dirt, off road

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users