52 replies to this topic

#1 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hello everyone!

Join us for five live races held over the month of January. We race every Wednesday, beginning with heat races at 18:45 GMT. The main race begins at 19:30 GMT and lasts about 45 minutes.

What's New?

• Instead of a long season, there will be monthly championships from now on. 
  • Live marshalling at every race
  • Custom setups for every race
  • Races are shortened from 60 mins to 45 mins

Race Calendar (starting Jan 1):

• Catherham Superlight R300 - Sonoma Raceway (long)* - 25 Laps
  • McLaren M1B - Lime Rock Park (no chicane) - 52 Laps
  • Formula Renault 3.5 - Circuit of the Americas - 25 Laps
  • Palatov D1 - Homestead RCA - 37 Laps
  • BMW M1 Procar - Mid-Ohio (no chicane) - 32 Laps

At the end of the championship, your best 4 out of 5 results will be added together and the January Simraceway Midweek Racing Champion will be crowned. The points system is the same as the one in use in Formula One this season. Prizes will be given. Coss will give us details on the prizes soon.

Join us for another season of tremendous racing. 

*Sonoma Raceway (long) is the original Sonoma we had in the game, not the Sonoma for the IndyCar event. If you go into practice and race at Sonoma, the layout is called Sonoma Raceway (long).

#2 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

Information about the race will always be posted here.

hbgr.png

Start: Wednesday, 29th of January, 2014, 18:45 GMT (19:45 CET)
Car: BMW M1 Procar
Car setup: Fixed, Default
Track: Mid-Ohio (without chicane)
Event Type: eventLiveRace_inline.png?1365531838eventChallange_inline.png?1366560919
Marshaling type: Live
Open to: Everyone
Specifications:
  • 5 minute Practice session
  • 5 minute Qualifying session
  • 1 minute Warmup session
  • Standing start
  • 4 laps Race session
Assists: TC (low, med), ABS (low, high), Stability Control (low), Auto Shift (gearbox), Auto Clutch
Other: Tire Wear Off, Fuel Usage On(x1), Open Starting Fuel
nkh8.png
Top 7 qualify for main race

n31p.png

Start: Wednesday, 29th of January, 2014, 19:05 GMT (20:05 CET)
Car: BMW M1 Procar
Track: Mid-Ohio(without chicane)
Event Type: eventLiveRace_inline.png?1365531838eventChallange_inline.png?1366560919
Open to: Everyone
Specifications:
  • 5 minute Practice session
  • 5 minute Qualifying session
  • 1 minute Warmup session
  • Standing start
  • 4 laps Race session
Assists: TC (low, med), ABS (low, high), Stability Control (low), Auto Shift (gearbox), Auto Clutch
Other: Tire Wear Off, Fuel Usage On(x1), Open Starting Fuel
nkh8.png
Top 7 Qualify for main race

y7k1.png

Start:Wednesday, 29th of January, 2014, 19:30 GMT (20:30 CET)
Open to: Qualified only
Car: BMW M1 Procar
Track: Mid-Ohio (without chicane)

Specifications:
  • 10 minute Practice session
  • 10 minute open Qualifying session
  • 2 minute Warmup session
  • Standing start
  • 32 laps Race session
  • 1 Mandatory Pit Stop
Other settings: Tire Wear Off, Fuel Usage On(x1), Open Starting Fuel, Open Fuel Strategy
nkh8.png
1st - 25 points
2nd - 18 points
3rd - 15 points
4th - 12 points
5th - 10 points
6th - 8 points
7th - 6 points
8th - 4 points
9th - 2 points
10th - 1 points

#3 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

runf.png

#4 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Information about Race Day and How to qualify for a race:

On the Tuesday before the race a practice server will be set up for the next race. You can practice as much as you want on this for the race.

On the Wednesday of the race you should be on the Simraceway Web Chat. This is the easiest place to get information about the race. 

At 18:45 GMT Heat Race 1 will go live. You will receive a message on the practice server and on web chat to restart your game. You need to restart the game so you can join the heat race. The top 7 in that race go through to the main race.

Heat Race 2 will be on the same server. You do not need to restart the game. The top 7 go through to the main race. 

If you qualified for the main race, restart your game when you receive a message in game or on web chat to do so. Enter the main race and have fun!

#5 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Pit Stop Guide:

Step 1: Map the required buttons for a pit stop. To do this go to the home screen and go to Options > Controls > Mappings
You need to map for the following:
Speed Limiter
Request Pit
LCD Up
LCD Down
LCD Increase
LCD Decrease
HUD Mode

Step 2: Request Pit. You should see a screen the same as below on the right side of your screen.
gb9n.png

Step 3: Set the fuel to the amount you want. Press LCD increase to increase the amount of fuel you want in the car. If you go too far you can press LCD Decrease to reduce the amount of fuel.
N.B. The amount of fuel you select is the amount of fuel that will be in the car after the pit stop. It is not the amount of fuel that will be added to car.
N.B. Fuel cannot be removed in qualifying or race

Tip: You do not have to set the fuel all in the one lap. You can do it throughout the race by requesting a pit , setting the fuel and then unrequesting the pit. The next time you request the pit, the pit menu will remember the previous settings.

n968.png

Step 4: Press LCD Down  times to move down to damage.  Make sure damage is set to 'Do Not Repair'. Damage can be changed in the same way as fuel by pressing LCD Increase/Decrease.
If you are doing a normal pit stop, damage should be set to 'Do Not Repair' or 'N/A'.
However, if you have lost a front or rear wing, this should be set to 'Repair Body'. 
There is another setting on a few cars called 'Repair All'. This is able to repair all damage, including suspension damage on the car.

ssky.png

Step 5: Press LCD Down once more to move down to confirm and Press HUD Mode to confirm the pit stop. The pit menu should now have disappeared.

6w7y.png

Step 6: Enter the pits. When you see the message below on the top left of your screen, you must be below the pit lane speed limit. You should now have your Speed Limiter on.

N.B. Not all cars have a speed limiter

Tip: If a car does not have a speed limiter, it is easiest to control the speed by selecting a high gear.

a7ob.png

Step 7: You will see a red box. This is where you have to park your car for the pit. When you are very near the box, a graphic will appear on screen to give a better idea where you are in relation to the pit box. When you are parked in the box, the graphic will turn green and a timer will begin.

lbob.png

Step 8: When you see the message 'Go!', accelerate to the speed limit. You must stay under the speed limit until the yellow message from Step 6 disappears.

#6 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:40 PM

Reserved for Marshall decisions / penalties

#7 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

Pit stop guide is complete. See it above. Please practice your pit stops as you will need to make one at the race tomorrow.

#8 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

Nice selection of cars and strategy + i read ´´prizes´´ somewhere up there so il give it a shot :P

- Launger

#9 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

Great race to kick off the season. Congratulations to El_N1No on his first win. Lukesky80 and Theflowww took 2nd and 3rd. 

Well done to everyone finished. It was a tough race  

Hope to see you all next week  :)

#10 El_N1No

El_N1No

Novice

• 42 posts
  • Facebook:Attkaaa
  • LocationHungary

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

I am VERY happy now so i felt some happyness in the air at morning when i woke up... Unbelievable for me... from 10th pos i dont believe in top3 but i

start feel the car with more petrol and with full tank i did 1:50.2 i was really excited... i just run and hope in podium...and i won :DDD

Its a really Happy New Fast Year :)

Thanks God :)

#11 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts
  • LocationBraga, Portugal

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

I want to thank you for allowing me to race because someone left an open space...I was really fighting hard to control the car in that track, didn't have much time to practice and ended crashing against a wall and lose my wheel, not lucky...

Hope next week i can make a better race, but this week was intense!

Seem to be a very good championship here!

Congratiolations to the finishers and the ones behind the championship organisation ;)

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

#12 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

I was pushing hard and going faster and fast, i swear i was just about to get 1.47 as i was enjoying the combo alot but game memory usage spiked and game crashed. Although i think its problem of srw optimization rather than my pc, i will add myself some RAM so it never happens again.

I probably cant make next one since im at work but lets see what happens, gj nino for winning

- Launger

#13 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

take your times to practice with the setup, it is much different than the default :) you can attack the curbs much more agressive, you have more high speed stability, but a tiny little bit of understeer on corner entry and mid-corner. the track has 6 right turns and one left, so i adjusted almost everything to the right turns. this means, if you hit the brake in the right point and apply the correct force to it, your car will "automatically" start to take the turn.
all the right turns are fast, so this won't make that lonely left turn harder, since you have to use just a little bit of brake there, and with low speeds you won't notice it.

hope you'll enjoy it as much as i did, your target times are 53 highs :P have a safe race tomorrow, remember, the big brothers will be on the watch ! ;)

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#14 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

take your times to practice with the setup, it is much different than the default :) you can attack the curbs much more agressive, you have more high speed stability, but a tiny little bit of understeer on corner entry and mid-corner. the track has 6 right turns and one left, so i adjusted almost everything to the right turns. this means, if you hit the brake in the right point and apply the correct force to it, your car will "automatically" start to take the turn.
all the right turns are fast, so this won't make that lonely left turn harder, since you have to use just a little bit of brake there, and with low speeds you won't notice it.

hope you'll enjoy it as much as i did, your target times are 53 highs :P have a safe race tomorrow, remember, the big brothers will be on the watch ! ;)

sorry, but i have no idea where to putt this setup file. In XP was easy to find, now with win7 i cannot find the damn thing. Any idea?

#15 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

write %appdata% in your start menu search bar and enter, then simraceway, userdata, yourname, settings and trackname

- Launger

#16 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

write %appdata% in your start menu search bar and enter, then simraceway, userdata, yourname, settings and trackname

arghhhhhhhh... how could i forgot that.  :lol: ...damn.

#17 wttnn1

wttnn1

Novice

• 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

Hi Devilbevin, I cant find my name in result... something wrong,  check it pls.  thx

#18 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

Fixed now wttnn1  :)

#19 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts
  • LocationBraga, Portugal

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

Hi guys, i am now practicing and my mirrows are grey, it so bad for the race, any solution?

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

#20 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

Hi guys, i am now practicing and my mirrows are grey, it so bad for the race, any solution?

Mirrors get grey if they are not enabled. Default key to enable it is number 3 on the keyboard (not numpad)

Or just put it on from the settings

Btw if you disable the mirrors mid-race then it wont go grey but just freezes last image. When there is nobody behind me i often disble the mirror for better fps and less stuff to look at

- Launger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users