Logitech

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fastdude77

fastdude77

Novice

• 36 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

Can anyone tell me what a G27 is like because there are good reviews but I don't want to waste $300 AUD on a terrible steering wheel ( which I have done once)

#2 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:23 AM

I got one yesterday and so far it's been amazing. I'm still getting used to it and tweaking the settings for SRW, but it's much better than the wheel set I had before.

#3 SpatialDragon

SpatialDragon

Novice

• 11 posts
  • LocationCasper, Wy. U.S.A.

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

I have been using a G27 for 2 years and I am retired so I put in a lot of hours so I did have trouble after a year and a half, but after emailing them a couple of times and posting on their site they sent me postage to return mine and they sent me a new one a week later. If you ever have trouble they will honor their 2 year warranty. Plus, I love my wheel enough I bought a used, like new off of Amazon and that is the one I am using. I figure I am set for at least 5 years and then I will look at what is out there.

I have a G27 with GTEYE Progressive Brake Spring. My computer has a GTX 780 3 Gb vid card 16 Gb Ram, 2 Tb of Storage, 3.4 Ghz processor speed, 3 ASUS VG 248 QE monitors. 2 button boxes. 

SpatialDragon

#4 mxsr

mxsr

Semi-Pro

• 129 posts
  • LocationCologne,Germany

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

maybe i save my € too,i saw one for 251€.

6000 miles,

21 cars,

and 0$$$.

#5 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

IMO the G27 is the best in it's price range, I've had mine for about a year and it really is a step up from my old momo. It's helped me improve a lot over the last year and have so for not had any serious trouble with it (touch wood) apart from dust around the pedal pots which can be cleaned fairly easily.

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#6 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 177 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

Discount on amazon.fr for the g27 : 180 eur. Offer still ok for 10 hours

http://www.amazon.fr...ASIN=B00CJ5FP1I

Should work for european citizen

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#7 KZ2Iceman97

KZ2Iceman97

Novice

• 47 posts
  • Facebook:Cameron Scott Dance
  • Twitter:KZ2Iceman97
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:06 AM

For someone who is looking to start progressing in the sim racing world. It is the best wheel by far not just through pricing but overall in general. Not too overly expensive like a Fanatec CSW, gets the job done, good setup (pedals, wheel, FFB, etc), reliable and easy to setup and use. You definitely get what you pay for (as you do when you get a better wheel such as a CSW, accuforce, etc) so do recommend getting one until your ready to upgrade

KZ2Iceman97 Both sim & real world racer | The flying Kiwi 
iceshard989 on YouTube | KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter | Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

#8 __doodle127

__doodle127

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:39 AM

Fanatec! Fanatec!

But in all seriousness, the G27 is far better value whether it is the greatest wheel or not (This goes to all who read this now and in the future). You get a good 900 degree wheel, a shifter with buttons, and a pretty good set of pedals all in the one affordable bundle. You have to be lucky to get that sort of bundle deal on a Fanatec site for anywhere near the Logitec's prices.  So i agree with KZ2Iceman97.

My signature says a lot about where my allegiance lies, but I obviously have no control over myself xD

TEAM: SDEv    

Car Collection:47     SQ: 1025--1035

Sim Gear: FANATEC- Clubsport Wheelbase v2 and BMW GT2 Rim + CSR E-Inverted Pedals + Clubsport Shifter v1.5

#9 RandomnessInside

RandomnessInside

Pro

• 365 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:41 PM

As one of SRW's regular users and one of the fastest around, I have to recommend this wheel too. I've had it for a while now and it works like a charm. I had it replaced once, though, thanks to warranty. The FFB is decent, turning is smooth. Overall it's great.

Active since October 2014
Wheel: Logitech G27
Check out my YouTube.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Logitech

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users