• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#41 andybob

andybob

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

My SQ is below 900 and i am certainly not sandbagging I always try to the best of my ability and believe 99% of entrants do the same.

#42 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

Have a nice weekend mate. Im also out this time so good luck to every participant !

thanks m8 :) have fun & take care !

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#43 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

I didnt complain about Koziolek because I saw him in pit at the end and he finished behind me so that was good enough for me. When I asked about pit stop I meant on stop and go penalty,do I have to request pit or make some settings for it or just enter pit. I didnt request pit and was held for more than 30s. And didnt know about this removing,so next time I will ignore it. Than you either remove it or give me some time penalty if I deserved it. Is that good option?

Cheers

Yes, just don't worry about the random Stop/Go penalties. It's my role to catch them all on the fly and remove. Every time that happens, you will also get a private message from me (I always try to send it in a safe moment, like on the straights): "PENALTY REMOVED, DONT PIT!". That means you're good to go  :)

Regarding the other elements, like disabling damage. Please check my earlier post again, I gave a bit of a guide how to disable these. The confirmation button is very important there, which is "HUD Mode" for me. It's the same one that changes views of the HUD. Awkward, but works.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#44 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

My SQ is below 900 and i am certainly not sandbagging I always try to the best of my ability and believe 99% of entrants do the same.

Please continue doing so and good luck!

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#45 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hi all,

here are my top moments in the first race.

Thank you for all.

We will update the track cameras tomorrow morning (European time), meaning to improve the visual experience. Please consider remaking the video after that!  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#46 Ludovic Gayon

Ludovic Gayon

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • Facebook:arckeo72
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Thanks Jolly!  :)

Both sides are highly competitive and both deserve decent prizes! 

:( I agree with Jolly why not separate prices for different groups ?

When I see the point lead in Group A, even the guy who ends all the B races in the first position has no chance of having something  :blink:

Why not make smaller price and more potential winners ?  I find it rather frustrating because the group b is just for glory.

I was thinking of buying 2 other car but given the system of awards I prefer to keep my money!!

Arckeo 72

#47 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

:( I agree with Jolly why not separate prices for different groups ?

When I see the point lead in Group A, even the guy who ends all the B races in the first position has no chance of having something  :blink:

Why not make smaller price and more potential winners ?  I find it rather frustrating because the group b is just for glory.

I was thinking of buying 2 other car but given the system of awards I prefer to keep my money!!

I think we could be in a misunderstanding here. Please explain what do you have in mind?

I'll try to comment before your reply. The main purpose combining the 900-1000 and 1000-1100 group was to allow strongest 900s to battle with the top 1000-1100. There are at least a couple drivers who can fight directly with the 1000s and that means they would be absolutely dominant in the 900s. Combination of the two had to introduce a long tail, so top 28 positions and 2 groups - A and B. Between these groups there's no sandbagging protection at all, so it has to be done through appropriate points and prize distribution, and of course in cooperation with the etiquette of drivers. 

Partially because of the above, the ranking is fully open. Top 28 in 900-1100 win the prizes and there's always a chance for you to qualify to the A race directly or via a promotion from B race, then fight for higher points score.

If someone finishes all B races in P1, he will end in position 15th and that is rewarded with $13. Lowest prize in top 28 is $8.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#48 acerockolla

acerockolla

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

lol

i lost all interest(in terms of entering) in this "championship" (all 3 races of it) when i saw a disgusting 40$ for sandbaggers and bums and potentially ZERO $ for a guy that completes all 3 b races in the proper drivers rank

yeah guys that are about 2 tenths behind the guys at teh bottom of B race to get 40$ while guy 2 tenths faster... maybe ZERO lol another fine job by srw

another magnificent day for the hysterical, omg just how bad can it get skillquant  system

poor prizes for b racers

and stupidly expensive arcade garbage cars... saved myself 15K credits phew!

Hey Jolly, why don't you go **** yourself, you're pathetic.  For too long I've been watching you berate SRW and Cossacco who is working hard to ensure we have great events up week in and week out and all you seem to add to the discussion is constant bitching.  

#49 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

I think we could be in a misunderstanding here. Please explain what do you have in mind?

I'll try to comment before your reply. The main purpose combining the 900-1000 and 1000-1100 group was to allow strongest 900s to battle with the top 1000-1100. There are at least a couple drivers who can fight directly with the 1000s and that means they would be absolutely dominant in the 900s. Combination of the two had to introduce a long tail, so top 28 positions and 2 groups - A and B. Between these groups there's no sandbagging protection at all, so it has to be done through appropriate points and prize distribution, and of course in cooperation with the etiquette of drivers.

Partially because of the above, the ranking is fully open. Top 28 in 900-1100 win the prizes and there's always a chance for you to qualify to the A race directly or via a promotion from B race, then fight for higher points score.

If someone finishes all B races in P1, he will end in position 15th and that is rewarded with $13. Lowest prize in top 28 is $8.

Maybe I'm misunderstand this competition, you say that if someone finishes every B race in first they will come 15th overall, but surely that would only be the case if the same 28 people were in all 3 races. If different people are in the A race every week then that driver who won the B race in all 3 events would position lower. He would end the Championship with 66 points whereas in the A race a driver just entering one of the races would get 70 points that would put the driver who one all 3 B races in 17th place.

When I first looked at this Championship I thought if I can Qualify for all 3 races then I would get some prize money, looking at the event closer that is not the case. Someone like me who only just qualified for the first race isn't very likely to get any prize money even if I manage to qualify for the other 2 races, but it depends how many people enter the races overall.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#50 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

Maybe I'm misunderstand this competition, you say that if someone finishes every B race in first they will come 15th overall, but surely that would only be the case if the same 28 people were in all 3 races. If different people are in the A race every week then that driver who won the B race in all 3 events would position lower. He would end the Championship with 66 points whereas in the A race a driver just entering one of the races would get 70 points that would put the driver who one all 3 B races in 17th place.

When I first looked at this Championship I thought if I can Qualify for all 3 races then I would get some prize money, looking at the event closer that is not the case. Someone like me who only just qualified for the first race isn't very likely to get any prize money even if I manage to qualify for the other 2 races, but it depends how many people enter the races overall.

Please give me more details that made you reach that conclusion of 17th position or was it just based of an assumption that different people would enter the A race every week and score one time?

You would surely win some prize money, if you qualify for all 3 races and get a decent finish. Consistency is something to look for in every Championship. I'm sure you know about the situations from real racing, where a crowned Champion didnt even have a great winning record over the course of season - he just remained consistent.

Points system used is exactly the same as we used to have, so one from Porsche Supercup, but suited for 28 positions. 

What I would recommend you to do is take results of Race-Offs from previous weeks (especially those using the 500-900 A+B and 900-1100 A+B ) system, then making a calculation basing on that and see what will be the relation between winnings then and now.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#51 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

By the way, Tbolt. I just noticed that you're ranked 13th on the 900-1100 leaderboard - well done and I hope you make it into the A race. Just keep pushing and get a nice 1:16. That will give some nice amount of extra points and protect the overall position later on, even if you do another middle pack finish in the B race. Involving a new car was meaning to open such opportunities to those who decide to purchase.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#52 gymwhaley

gymwhaley

Novice

• 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

GooD luck To all This Weekend

#53 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:39 AM

why all this fuzz about few bucks, i wonder? Competition is what matters... if you earn a bit to buy some car for that, even better. It´s not like... everyone of us could run for that BTCC event... or 100$. So...i´ll ask one question: Would you feel extremely better....if 500-900 wouldn´t have prizes, and you in 900-1100 would "earn" ...5$ more? :rolleyes:

counter that, i´m more worryed how to fill the grid for both races this week. There was over 80 BMW competitors just in my class. Today... cca 20, and because 88B is more expensive than GT3, i think 500-900 could have a grid problem as well.

#54 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

why all this fuzz about few bucks, i wonder? Competition is what matters... if you earn a bit to buy some car for that, even better. It´s not like... everyone of us could run for that BTCC event... or 100$. So...i´ll ask one question: Would you feel extremely better....if 500-900 wouldn´t have prizes, and you in 900-1100 would "earn" ...5$ more? :rolleyes:

counter that, i´m more worryed how to fill the grid for both races this week. There was over 80 BMW competitors just in my class. Today... cca 20, and because 88B is more expensive than GT3, i think 500-900 could have a grid problem as well.

Actually this week 500-900 competitors have powered away from the 900-1100  ;)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#55 Ludovic Gayon

Ludovic Gayon

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

Excuse me Coss, but in fact it is certainly a misunderstanding.  :unsure:

I'm not very good in english so with this example, I hope you'll understand :

Imagine i finish three 900-1100 B races in 6th position (not too bad), so I earn 36 points.

A 14th place in 900-1100 A race earn 24 points, so it seems difficult to win something in B race.

Waiting to read you, thank you in advance.

Arckeo 72

#56 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

28 prizes? Basicly...if you finish 3 races in B class in whatever places... you certanly can snatch into top 28, i think. There is a chance, some fast guys would only run once... and good, then you probably could finish 32nd or something, but 3 x 6 place in B... you must be arround top 20-22 ;)

#57 Ludovic Gayon

Ludovic Gayon

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

Ok thank dim, maybe i'm too bad in statistics  :P .

I still think buy these cars  :D to have a good time as last time !!!

Arckeo 72

#58 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Ok thank dim, maybe i'm too bad in statistics  :P .

I still think buy these cars  :D to have a good time as last time !!!

Me too, thanks to dimagico. That is probably the best explanation...  :) 

Good luck guys!

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#59 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

Please give me more details that made you reach that conclusion of 17th position or was it just based of an assumption that different people would enter the A race every week and score one time?

You would surely win some prize money, if you qualify for all 3 races and get a decent finish. Consistency is something to look for in every Championship. I'm sure you know about the situations from real racing, where a crowned Champion didnt even have a great winning record over the course of season - he just remained consistent.

Points system used is exactly the same as we used to have, so one from Porsche Supercup, but suited for 28 positions. 

What I would recommend you to do is take results of Race-Offs from previous weeks (especially those using the 500-900 A+B and 900-1100 A+B ) system, then making a calculation basing on that and see what will be the relation between winnings then and now.

Yes that is all that is based on, I know it's just one scenario, but not everyone is available to run every race and different people will qualify, it's just your statement "If someone finishes all B races in P1, he will end in position 15th" is only based on the fact that the driver in 1st to 14th are pretty much the same in all 3 races.

I'm not saying there is any better way to do it, I'm just being realistic about it.

By the way, Tbolt. I just noticed that you're ranked 13th on the 900-1100 leaderboard - well done and I hope you make it into the A race. Just keep pushing and get a nice 1:16. That will give some nice amount of extra points and protect the overall position later on, even if you do another middle pack finish in the B race. Involving a new car was meaning to open such opportunities to those who decide to purchase.

Yea about the same as this time last week and then I only just managed to qualify 28th, so I will just be happy if I qualify for race B.

I'm not really fuzzing about it, just making people realize that just because they get in all 3 B races doesn't guarantee them a prize.

I don't think there will be a lack of racers on Sunday - 900-1100 has got 19 drivers in at the moment and 500-900 29 drivers. I'm sure come Saturday these figures will jump up. It's bound to be lower number because not only is the Z4 cheaper it's been around for a very long time so a large amount of people own it. It will be interesting how the number compare with the 787 as well.

By the way great time you've set in the 88  :)

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#60 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

Im sure acer is giving a bit more effort than lately anyway but i think ground effect should suit his style the most as he has always had highest corner entry speeds and not so much exit but the faster you go into a corner the more it sticks so he has advantage this round :P

- Launger

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: donington park, bmw z4 gt3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users