• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#21 azbest

azbest

Seasoned

• 53 posts
  • LocationPoland, Wroclaw

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

Because with this system,you dont stimulate those guys to be better,to practice more.

So true. Tottaly agree with all you said.

#22 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

yeah, changing FOV to 60+ helps a lot for better feeling... just, i would prefer if we could move rev counter to your likenings. It comes just across tire...

Yeah, I've just had a play with it, 65 degrees on the roof view isn't too bad, but would be nice it the view was a little further back. I love the cockpit view but without a virtual mirror its a no go.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#23 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:19 AM

I'm excited about rd. 2! I put just one session in with the 88 at Donington and was much closer to a competitive time out of the box as I keep learning the track.

Since the test drive is gone now, can we get the setup for rd. 2 posted so that we can hit a practice session with it? (Although by the time I get home from work this week, the qualifying sessions will probably be open.)

#24 Ludovic Gayon

Ludovic Gayon

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • Facebook:arckeo72
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hi all,

here are my top moments in the first race.

Thank you for all.

Arckeo 72

#25 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Nice video, but most importantly there are drivers in the cars now!

#26 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Nice video, but most importantly there are drivers in the cars now!

I think the Z4, like the Corvette and D4 have always had drivers in.

http://community.sim...-assen-hot-lap/

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#27 freggel

freggel

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationKatwijk, The Netherlands

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

82mu.png

1. Daniel_C 22 points 
2. azbest 20 points 
3. bakosgabor57 18 points 
4. Mrjones_83 16 points 
5. El_N1No 14 points 
6. arckeo72 12 points 
7. koziolek 10 points 
8. dimagico 9 points 
9. PMMS points 
10. Tbolt 7 points 
11. freggel 6 points 

12. Johndaniels 5 points 

12. vaskezzz 4 points

12. sikham 3 points

Didn't I finish in 10th? Or perhaps something is wrong with the results on the leaderboard, because koziolek is missing there. I thought I saw him in the pitlane before I finished...
https://www.simracew.../6470?locale=en

#28 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:36 AM

Didn't I finish in 10th? Or perhaps something is wrong with the results on the leaderboard, because koziolek is missing there. I thought I saw him in the pitlane before I finished...
https://www.simracew.../6470?locale=en

Yes, thanks for raising that. As you know, I don't base the final results directly on the leaderboard, but go through a whole review, analyse complaints/reports and then follow the replay. Just to be sure that everything is just as it was and exclude any potential system failures.

According to my research, koziolek has got a penalty that should be removed (my overlook) and he was in front of dimagico untill the very last moments of the race. He pitted on last lap, last straight, after last turn of the race. If not that - he would surely hold that position. Instead, he stayed in the box for a while and then just quit. I understand that, just got frustrated.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#29 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

I think the Z4, like the Corvette and D4 have always had drivers in.

http://community.sim...-assen-hot-lap/

True that... More in 2014  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#30 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:39 AM

Other than the above guys, all results of Round 1 and details of Round 2 and 3 are published in the initial posts. Have a look and get on the track  :D

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#31 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

is there any chance to move seat more back in Lotus 88B in cockpit view? in rF we could do that with cameras in vehicle file, but no chance for that here?

Yes, we will definitely look into this. Just not sure if we manage before the race, though...  :(

Well for me this was bad race. Unfortunatly Koziolek misjudged braking and race was over. But its not first and probably not last time I have similair situations. Im interesting about this stop and go penalties, because when I went to serve it I was held for more than 30 s in pit. Isnt that 10 sec? Will I get dq if dont serve it? Do I need to adjust something when doing it?

And again I have to comment on prize distribution. In my opinion it should look as point distribution so that lower sq class cant win more than bottom of the higher class. For example, Daniel C is among fastest in B race SQ 900-1100 but even if he wins all races until the end he will get smaller reward than some guys from SQ500-900. Not to mention those tickets,which should be something special, not available to all. Why? Because with this system,you dont stimulate those guys to be better,to practice more. No. You stimulate them to be worse, so that they can stay in lower class and win very nice prizes. You stimulate them to search and exploit weakness of this system instead to be faster (I already mention what some people do to keep their SQ below 900 to admins). With this SQ you have very good mechanism to control sandbagging but you just dont want to. Only when you make that they cant win as much as higher SQ class they will push to move up in order.

Cheers :)

Basing on your comment above, I analysed that incident and koziolek received a warning. It could have been a penalty, but it clearly wasn't intentional and he tried to wait for your recovery, sacrificing the positions. A warning means that a similar situation in the future will most likely result in a penalty. This is an exception and In the future, please make sure to send a report/complaint directly to cossacco@simraceway.com - that is the correct way to do it. We have to help each other here...

Regarding pitstops, I believe there was more to it, like the damage of your car (for example after your incident with koziolek), which was being repaired. You can avoid that, by making a pitstop request and disabling repairs, then confirming. For me, "HUD Mode" is the confirmation button, even though it's regular role is just to change the views on the HUD. Yes, if you don't serve - most likely will get an instant DQ. If a penalty was assigned on an unreasonable basis (like a random Stop N Go for off-track, that didnt result in a gain), then just wait for me to react - I will remove it. Yours was removed (have a look here)

Prizes - I have put a longer thought into it, while looking for the most reasonable distribution across the whole field. One that would motivate all 56 drivers to fight for higher positions. My white board was filled with everything I know about Skillquant, whole experience gained from it's early days and untill now, including numerous experiments done on the way and informations gained from them. That is a lot of data and it got me to this conclusion. Sandbagging was definitely on my mind and opposite to what you wrote - I use everything I can to prevent it. Unfortunately, no matter what I do, part of it is always up to the drivers and their etiquette. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#32 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:19 AM

lol

i lost all interest(in terms of entering) in this "championship" (all 3 races of it) when i saw a disgusting 40$ for sandbaggers and bums and potentially ZERO $ for a guy that completes all 3 b races in the proper drivers rank

yeah guys that are about 2 tenths behind the guys at teh bottom of B race to get 40$ while guy 2 tenths faster... maybe ZERO lol another fine job by srw

another magnificent day for the hysterical, omg just how bad can it get skillquant  system

poor prizes for b racers

and stupidly expensive arcade garbage cars... saved myself 15K credits phew!

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#33 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:12 AM

lol

i lost all interest(in terms of entering) in this "championship" (all 3 races of it) when i saw a disgusting 40$ for sandbaggers and bums and potentially ZERO $ for a guy that completes all 3 b races in the proper drivers rank

yeah guys that are about 2 tenths behind the guys at teh bottom of B race to get 40$ while guy 2 tenths faster... maybe ZERO lol another fine job by srw

another magnificent day for the hysterical, omg just how bad can it get skillquant  system

poor prizes for b racers

and stupidly expensive arcade garbage cars... saved myself 15K credits phew!

Thanks Jolly!  :)

Both sides are highly competitive and both deserve decent prizes! 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#34 azbest

azbest

Seasoned

• 53 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

Thanks Jolly!  :)

Both sides are highly competitive and both deserve decent prizes! 

Yes but the most important you make this people stay in lower class. They have no motivation to go up and start to being better driver. If they try they will get worse reward and one of last places - who like that ? Only advantage of being in higher clas is racing against better drivers which makes you better but reality shows us there is lack of ambitious competitors who go for make own skill best no matter what. Prizes should be motivation to everyone to get better, not to sandbagging IMO. To be clear Im not judge anyone, Im just judge system.
For me being in higher class was always some kind of pride time. Being part of the bests makes me proud of myself. Shame no everybody feels that way.

#35 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

I dont like this 88B one bit.

It feels like it has speed sensitive steering on, at low speed the steering is ok, then at medium speed it needs double the usual lock to do anything and then at high speed it turns instantly! Now dont throw any ground effect mechanic at me, i know very well how it all works. The current car drives more like Lotus 80 with all its pitching and jerkiness problems ( http://en.wikipedia....ars)#Porpoising ). Lotus 88 was 100% stable and pleasant to drive (like both real race drivers said), it just had lots of grip. Thats why it was banned, it had no problems.

- Launger

#36 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

i don´t know. Maybee we should call Nigel, to tell us... how 88B felt. I mean... from that one and only afternoon in Silverstone :lol: . I also have mixed feelings about this car. Size of tyres bugs me a little ... :P ...(i know...goodyear in 70´s-80´s front tyre was smaller)...then...it feels like a big go-kart, but a lot of understeer in corners, where you should go (like they said about groundeffect F1 car) ...like on the rails through corners. Well... i guess we will survive this weekend... then again... 787 should be glued to the track next week B)

#37 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

few thoughts about the car:
rear tyre sizes are approx. double of the fronts
no front wing, you get most of the aero downforce on the rear end
ground effect has the same power bias i think, it gets stronger towards the rear

for me, most of the understeer comes on slow corners, and corner exits. but i can really tell the difference between aero df and ground effect in this game when running with this car. 

unfortunately i will miss out this round, and go for some shredding in the mountains with friends this weekend...so i wish a safe and fun race for everyone !

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#38 azbest

azbest

Seasoned

• 53 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

unfortunately i will miss out this round, and go for some shredding in the mountains with friends this weekend...so i wish a safe and fun race for everyone !

Have a nice weekend mate. Im also out this time so good luck to every participant !

#39 vaskezzz

vaskezzz

Novice

• 19 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

I didnt complain about Koziolek because I saw him in pit at the end and he finished behind me so that was good enough for me. When I asked about pit stop I meant on stop and go penalty,do I have to request pit or make some settings for it or just enter pit. I didnt request pit and was held for more than 30s. And didnt know about this removing,so next time I will ignore it. Than you either remove it or give me some time penalty if I deserved it. Is that good option?

Cheers

#40 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

i don´t know how this will come out, but i was right behind koziolek when they tangled with car infront , but looked like a racing accident for me... not intentionaly. So... after race i asked koziolek why he pitted, and replyed: because my race wasn´t clean. For sure without stoping, he would be right infront of me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: donington park, bmw z4 gt3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users