• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

Hello my fellow Drivers and welcome to the 52nd edition of Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off

The major change this time is lack of supporting event, which has been replaced with Mitsubishi Evolution X World Championship Race.

Results of Race to the Weekend, lists of qualified and programmes of Sunday Race-Offs can all be found in the threads below:

Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 52 for Skillquant group between 500 and 900

Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 52 for Skillquant group between 900 and 1100

All I can say is best of luck to all participants and please play it smart out there - that's your key to win today!

See you on the web chat  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 Deigima

Deigima

Pro

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  • Locationbyron bay, australia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

im not entirely sure how simraceway plans to send out some of these prizes

StXXdB0.jpg

My youtube playlist for SimRaceway
I like boxy cars.
300fps @ indianapolis :D

#3 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

Now that is funny haha :lol:

#4 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

wroooom, wrooom... no rttw 53 ? :rolleyes:

#5 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

Should we be concerned? Anyone saw Coss lately?

#6 Ludovic Gayon

Ludovic Gayon

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • Facebook:arckeo72
  • LocationFrance

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hi Dim :) ,

I think the Donington Championship replaces RTTW for December.

Cossacco will start RTTW next year or something new  :D .

Arckeo 72

#7 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

might be, and thanks for pointing me there. You see... i think SRW sites with updated infos of events are... bit of a mess. Things you should see atm you open the site, can only be found if you search through sub forums... -_-

#8 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

Not happy with this new system at all. Competition in 900+ became too competitive. 28 spots for race? And at least some 10-20 guys behind within few tenth. For all the work on track... nothing, zero...  and this will continue in future. So... guys like me will say goodbye from this sport... or tell me how the f**k to lose that SQ and go back into 500 class to at least have some racing here! Championships? I thought you will make few of them... for separate skills... and some amateurs will also have some joy... despite A class drivers who can race in own class. But, nope.... looks like the only event worth driving here ...once a week... will be filled only with those who allready have talent. :angry:

#9 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

---------- :( --------------

#10 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

Competition in 900+ became too competitive.

best sentence ever :D :D :D

#11 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

best sentence ever :D :D :D

lol...true. This happens if you steammin´ :rolleyes:

#12 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

Maybe ask Coss to do Dimagico SQ group, you will always win and be competitive. Its pathetic to cry that some guys are faster than you, practice instead of demanding 6487329463982 SQ groups...

and this will continue in future

ofc it will continue because everyone is doing his best... its COMPETITION not opportunity to easy race...

looks like the only event worth driving here ...once a week... will be filled only with those who allready have talent.

Ah ha ha ha ha a ha ha ha oh he he he he ah ha ah ha e he he he...and I thought my jokes were bad... :lol:

#13 Deigima

Deigima

Pro

• Banned
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

Not happy with this new system at all. Competition in 900+ became too competitive. 28 spots for race? And at least some 10-20 guys behind within few tenth. For all the work on track... nothing, zero...  and this will continue in future. So... guys like me will say goodbye from this sport... or tell me how the f**k to lose that SQ and go back into 500 class to at least have some racing here! Championships? I thought you will make few of them... for separate skills... and some amateurs will also have some joy... despite A class drivers who can race in own class. But, nope.... looks like the only event worth driving here ...once a week... will be filled only with those who allready have talent. :angry:

i was going to say inb4 sikham but im too late lol. i agree with you although i race in 500-900 not 900+, the combination of skillgroups takes away opportunity for many people to compete, the beauty of the old system was everyone gets a chance to race, even james38 who isnt the most consistant racer or the quickest but he shows up to every event he can and is very respected in the community

I like boxy cars.

#14 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:42 AM

the combination of skillgroups takes away opportunity for many people to compete

we all compete, but there is a place for only the very best understand that finally... you compete in hop lap youre not fast enough - youre out - end of story after fair competition

and to be honest ive never seen James complaining he is out of Sro, the main problem is people who think they can drive and when they meet other people in FAIR COMPETITION they start to cry "why they are so fast" "give me a chance because I deserve to race" bleh

#15 Deigima

Deigima

Pro

• Banned
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:02 AM

we all compete, but there is a place for only the very best understand that finally... you compete in hop lap youre not fast enough - youre out - end of story after fair competition

and to be honest ive never seen James complaining he is out of Sro, the main problem is people who think they can drive and when they meet other people in FAIR COMPETITION they start to cry "why they are so fast" "give me a chance because I deserve to race" bleh

you should know by now i dont care for your elitist opinions, your arguement contradicts the concept of sq groups completely. infact lets combine 500-900 with 900-1100 because those low sq scrubs dont deserve a chance anyway

I like boxy cars.

#16 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

that was exactly my point here, and i allready had argument once with this Sikham. He thinks that only those the fastest deserves to drive races here, or what? I spend much more time on track than usual, to miss for what? one tenth or something. Then...i can say, because i saw him...just example: TIRO finished 56th in our class..missing...ok...dunno maybee half second. And he was on track quite some hours. Some month ago, there was only 10-15 E.T. drivers, so second group still had a chance to race. Now... esp. when prizes are up for grab, more fast drivers come to race.... and at least guys from 29th to 56th did the best they could to qualify. I don´t care if you think - as ever - that only "elite" should compete, but not many have 12 hours a day to spend for practise. I guess Sikh have all the time in the world and parents who takes cares for other needs... so he can practise all day long. I just wish that SRW finaly open some different championships, and we could choose which one to run... something for everyone...for points...final standings after 10 races or so, no need for some large money prizes. Or you should revize this SQ, because i certanly don´t have the speed of aliens but almost 1000SQ.

Probably i´m not the only one who thinks this way, but i won´t be mad if stays as it is. But majority of guys from 30th to 86th (this week) will lose interest to drive against the same elite boys, knowing there´s no chance anyway, so then will Sikham be happy. Also noticed some guys who are fast in hotlaps, but did manage to screw other people races whenever he got into the grid, but that´s another story. I don´t know how to teach people to respect other drivers on the grid.

For you Sikham.... i don´t care if i never meet you on track. You never was nice person to others, exept some other E.T. drivers. The rest of us.. you see all of us, just as bunch of no talented drivers, and you act and speak in same manners.

Just my two cents. I´m no angry not to race today at all, but system is build the way that 30-40 guys who wants to drive, will never be on level with vanPanther, that´s a fact. I want to find some solution that also 900-1000 guys can race once a week at least, while Sikham would shot the door, because he thinks only talented guys are allowed to compete. This is thinking of a spoiled kid... nothing else. -_-

#17 freggel

freggel

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationKatwijk, The Netherlands

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

I think it's a bit of a two-faced topic. Sure, I agree with dimagico that everybody deserves to race after putting so much effort in. I mean, I finished .013 behind in 29th this week and I put quite some time in. Definately more than some of the aliens. But maybe I can reserve and otherwise, too bad, maybe next week.

On the other hand, sikham is right about only the best deserve to race. But than we shouldn't have this SQ seperation. Because the top28 of the 500-900 aren't the best of SRW behind the top28 of 900-1100.... So we can stop that argument.

SQ is brought in to seperate the groups and give everybody a chance. So if the groups become 'too competitive' (top44 within 2 sec. and the top62 within 3 sec.) maybe it should be devided in two groups and we should have the 900-1000 and 1000-1100 back.

Just my thoughts about this. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept how it is now. But it feels a bit rough if I don't make the cut with a 1:28.895 and the 1st in the lower group has a 1:29.192.

But this is something for SRW to discuss, adding more championships/leagues will bring more people here and probably bring some people back too.

Which is coming very soon I believe so I'll just stick around for a while!

#18 andybob

andybob

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

Maybe there is a case for a third race in each group allowing more people to take part.

#19 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

Maybe there is a case for a third race in each group allowing more people to take part.

then, they could also split 900-1100 to two separate groups (900-1000,1000-1100), which would satisfy us, but it´s known that there´s too much work for one Cossaco allready. :huh:

#20 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

I guess Sikh have all the time in the world and parents who takes cares for other needs... so he can practise all day long.

in fact I have time to do 2-3 30 min sessions in rttw sometimes up to 5 with good spare time management :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rttw52sq, sro52sq, ariel atom 500 v8, longstone pass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users