59 replies to this topic

#21 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hi Guys,

I looked at the leaderboard this morning and saw ace and mike post great times in the evo and thought about this question,

Should guys who do all 4 races in either championship loose out to guys who only do two races(even though one race wont be counted),no offense intended to any racers,it was just a quick thought i had.

Please share your views.

#22 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

Hi Guys,

I looked at the leaderboard this morning and saw ace and mike post great times in the evo and thought about this question,

Should guys who do all 4 races in either championship loose out to guys who only do two races(even though one race wont be counted),no offense intended to any racers,it was just a quick thought i had.

Please share your views.

Thanks for raising the point, Rags. I believe part of your concern is just the fact that it's a Championship now and living a different life, comparing to the one-off event that it used to be. Different elements start to matter.

Your question makes me think about another topic. Would you guys prefer it to not have any safety margin and count all 4 races, rather than just 3 out of 4? That will increase the overall risks, but at the same time add an extra value to those who posted a decent finish in all 4 races.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#23 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

My concern is alienating even more players within srw,i think its a shame that lower skill racers have no big evening of racing to look forward to any more,SRO was great for them.

When i suggested the evo championship,i did not know that it would effect SRO the way it has,my thought was to just have the evo champ in the middle of it on a sunday evening.

How many 500-700 make these champs,if they dont,where are their races?

I would hate to see some regular evo racers to not be able make the cut,evo is unique event,when it all goes to plan it mostly outshines the top tier.

So my concern is for the rest of true racers here no matter what their level,who love it with a passion,dont forget about them,things are not looking good in the numbers department as it is.

I think the "aliens taking over all champs is not a good thing for srw at the moment,we need a wider spread of them,so champs for all levels(and no in not thinking of myself,before anyone types that :) )

#24 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:06 AM

it's good that everyone knows what the faults are, but no one comes up with an idea to fix it.

talk is cheap, and actually, the only guy in this community who did real work to get things better (apart from Coss) is devilbevin. and, no, saying that we need new championships and this and that is not going to help...
....discussing trivial things over and over again neither.

have u been there to help Coss in developing the rules ? i would be surprised if so. i would be surprised if any of the big evo guys did so. this is my opinion.

500-700 are not the players who have the time to do practice every day and get better. if you want to give them more chance, you let them use dropweek.

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#25 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

My concern is alienating even more players within srw,i think its a shame that lower skill racers have no big evening of racing to look forward to any more,SRO was great for them.

When i suggested the evo championship,i did not know that it would effect SRO the way it has,my thought was to just have the evo champ in the middle of it on a sunday evening.

How many 500-700 make these champs,if they dont,where are their races?

I would hate to see some regular evo racers to not be able make the cut,evo is unique event,when it all goes to plan it mostly outshines the top tier.

So my concern is for the rest of true racers here no matter what their level,who love it with a passion,dont forget about them,things are not looking good in the numbers department as it is.

I think the "aliens taking over all champs is not a good thing for srw at the moment,we need a wider spread of them,so champs for all levels(and no in not thinking of myself,before anyone types that :) )

I assume that by "SRO was great to them", you mean the supporting event. Yes, this event worked well for a while and the rule preventing regular SRO participants from entering it also succeeded. It created a unique Evo X racing environment and allowed 14 extra drivers to take part in the Race-Off show. We all enjoyed watching these races and I'm thankful to every participant for giving their best, regardless of the fact that it was a non-prized, one-off, supporting event. However, after many months of running, it just burned out. That is a normal situation and predictable. It was time to upgrade it.

This Championship wasn't based of your suggestion and I'm not really sure what you mean by saying "effect SRO the way it has"? It hasnt changed anything, apart from becoming a whole month, points scored event with prizes and available to everyone. Other than that, it's exactly the same event, a very smooth transition there.

Regarding the 500-700. This is a larger topic and I would recommend you to check out two things, first one is the history of 500-700 (previously 500-600) SQ group in the Race-Offs. From July, untill a couple weeks ago. Then later on, a thread by wiktorioss, inviting the guys from that group to a unique set of races. All I can say is that I've done everything I could for that group over the last nearly half a year and I will continue to try, but in a different way. Awaiting for some movement in wiktorioss thread and will take it from there.

You shouldn't be concerned about the "regular evo racers not able to make the cut". Remember that bottom 6 slots are all decided in the Heats on Saturday. These are two, fully open, 17 slots races, where two podiums advance to the one on Sunday. Each has the same duration as the race on Sunday and they are always full of great action. The only difference really is the lack of live stream. NoFearc is already putting a lot of effort on Sunday, so we need another solution and we're looking for it. Once that is done, you will see that the whole format has tripled the whole Evo X action on the weekends, from what it was in the supporting event. At the moment it "just" seriously upgraded it to another level.

"Champs for all levels". Yes we need and we do this. Donington Championship is one for all levels. The number of Skillquant groups in it's format will increase soon after we will notice that there's a solid overflow of racers in the lower end of 500-900. I'm waiting for that moment, but it hasnt come yet. You know about the lack of drivers in 500-700 races, so just keep in mind that even after moving to 500-900, there was always someone missing. Again, please have a look at the post of wiktorioss - it's very important for this matter.

"Numbers are not looking good". They are definitely not where our ultimate goal is and we will continue to work hard every day (through Monday till Sunday, Christmas, New Year, Easter and any other day like that) and as many hours as needed to get them higher. Saying that they're not looking good, though - is just not true and you should know it, because you're here for a couple years and you've seen Simraceway in various states. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#26 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

Ragster, there's also another perspective to look at. Right now you are able to have a direct battle with the top Evo X racers of all time in Simraceway. There are 5 PDC Hot Lap winners above you on the leaderboard. Isn't this a great opportunity to put everything you've learned to date on the table and see how it relates to the ones that beat thousends of challengers before? 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#27 Wildseven

Wildseven

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:03 AM

Intermediate must have theri championships that's for sure!

But another problem is that too much players running in main and supporting championship and it has no sense.

In the main championship there are the best racers ( in fact I can't compete with them) why these guys can race even in the supporting event? They are on another level!

Why I'm considered an Advanced runner if I can't compete with the real best ones?

Until SRW puts me in advanced class I can't no more partecipate at no events because I was always among the last so the possible answers are two 1) I'm not an advanced runner and I'm in the wrong class 2) the better one are really too strong for people like me and maybe they shold be in another class... the only sure thing is that actual differentiation don't works well enough.

I think that we need a better class differentiation, maybe we needs the creations of a new class, the PRO class with players over 999

I'm talking in first person but Think that the same problems and the same considerations are right for a lot of racers like me.

#28 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Intermediate must have theri championships that's for sure!

But another problem is that too much players running in main and supporting championship and it has no sense.

In the main championship there are the best racers ( in fact I can't compete with them) why these guys can race even in the supporting event? They are on another level!

Why I'm considered an Advanced runner if I can't compete with the real best ones?

Until SRW puts me in advanced class I can't no more partecipate at no events because I was always among the last so the possible answers are two 1) I'm not an advanced runner and I'm in the wrong class 2) the better one are really too strong for people like me and maybe they shold be in another class... the only sure thing is that actual differentiation don't works well enough.

I think that we need a better class differentiation, maybe we needs the creations of a new class, the PRO class with players over 999

I'm talking in first person but Think that the same problems and the same considerations are right for a lot of racers like me.

At the same time, you're P2 in the Championship after 2 races and currently sitting 9th on an ultra skilled leaderboard, just 0.1 from Ragster in 5th, who is right there, touching the absolute top. To me it means that you're a great driver and definitely one of the most skilled ones in Simraceway...

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#29 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

My main point is this,a guy does the first two races and then cant get into the last two,where is the concern for is attitude of srw and the way he/she feels about entering them in the future.

It does not make sense to let this happen in the middle of a championship,to me anyway.

And daniel who are you to judge me?,before my wife fell ill i was here putting in the time to help as much as i could.My life now has changed.

I have put in alot of money and time in to this game,i was on the site chat helping new racers find there way etc,but real life took over in a way i could not have imagined a year ago,i want to build srw up to be the best place to race,but everytime time i type some concerns it feels like i get a blunt reply(like most others have had)from coss and players who are doing ok in the game.

Well i think of the guys who have no chance to get in the fun with "the streamed events" etc.I think of the guys who also helped alot and no are not here anymore,lots of things run through my mind when i think srw.This is my home for racing,i would love to spend more time here like before but its not possible.

Maybe my ideas are to big for srw to make it happen right now,like i said i want srw to grow in a massive way and become another iracing,but thats just my love for srw making me think like that,i dont want this to end so forgive me srw for my concerns.

Im not here for the money,im here because i love this special place,thats all.

#30 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

i'm honestly sorry for the way your life is and wish it would turn right around, but can you understand that this is none of my or srw's problem ?

actually the time you spent here with this thread and the thoughts you put in are completely exchangeable with the time you would spend developing your own championship rulebook.

#31 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

My main point is this,a guy does the first two races and then cant get into the last two,where is the concern for is attitude of srw and the way he/she feels about entering them in the future.

It does not make sense to let this happen in the middle of a championship,to me anyway.

And daniel who are you to judge me?,before my wife fell ill i was here putting in the time to help as much as i could.My life now has changed.

I have put in alot of money and time in to this game,i was on the site chat helping new racers find there way etc,but real life took over in a way i could not have imagined a year ago,i want to build srw up to be the best place to race,but everytime time i type some concerns it feels like i get a blunt reply(like most others have had)from coss and players who are doing ok in the game.

Well i think of the guys who have no chance to get in the fun with "the streamed events" etc.I think of the guys who also helped alot and no are not here anymore,lots of things run through my mind when i think srw.This is my home for racing,i would love to spend more time here like before but its not possible.

Maybe my ideas are to big for srw to make it happen right now,like i said i want srw to grow in a massive way and become another iracing,but thats just my love for srw making me think like that,i dont want this to end so forgive me srw for my concerns.

Im not here for the money,im here because i love this special place,thats all.

Rags, honestly, have you read my reply at all or just skipped it and moved on? I understand that it's a longer text, but you've raised some very important points there and there's a lot to say about each of them. Please do it for the man who considers you a friend, that you know for 4 years and have raced with a number of times in the past. 

I'll say that again: it's already a much better event that in was and once we'll find a good solution to live stream the Heats on Saturday, the amount of wide open to everyone Evo X races will technically triple to what it was before. It's already tripled, but you dont seem to accept that... These Heats are exactly the same as your race on Sunday.

By the way, if the above post  and explanation is not enough - I'm very happy to have a call about all this, if you wish. This is a proposal to you, but also everyone else who shares similar thoughts and would like to have a good discussion about it. I have data from many months and ready to present it. 

i'm honestly sorry for the way your life is and wish it would turn right around, but can you understand that this is none of my or srw's problem ?

actually the time you spent here with this thread and the thoughts you put in are completely exchangeable with the time you would spend developing your own championship rulebook.

Ok Daniel, but the question is: what is the problem with the current format? I've explained everything in my longer post above. Isn't it a fair solution? Would exclusion of the top guys be considered a fair solution?

Ragster, would it be a better event to you, if we made a rule that all previous PDC winners are not allowed to participate? 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#32 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

regardless i concentrate on getting into main race, and not going for evo races, i have seen clearly that evo races started to miss the fastest guys from it. there was nothing to fight for, just a win what is forgotten on monday. with the new format now i watch the races again, cause the best drivers got back into the evo arena and fight for points, to win a series.
all the new rules, especially drop week was a very good idea, lot of the front runners just can't make it every weekend. most of us are working daily, sometimes on weekends, also it adds more tactics and calculations... this is much more like a professional streamed race series to me.

i only have problem with this: someone points at a fault in public, knows the limits, with some time spent he could come up with a good solution, but nothing is done except for some whining and counterstrike all opposite opinions with emotional terror and with "whoareyoutojudgeme"

anyone can have a bad opinion, but there is a difference between whining and having a constructive negative opinion.
sorry for the word repeatings.

#33 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

Why are you getting personal?,i gave you a reason why i cant be around the game to much now days,i didt blame anyone for it.

One more thing daniel,its not about action all the time,views and peoples concerns can make this a better place too :)

Coss im not judging your hard work here,we all respect it.

All i did was ask a question that popped into my mind and gave a few more views on what i see,i have no magic ball to see in the future about what is coming to SRW.Maybe it might be an idea to "highlight future events" if possible?. My concern over player numbers comes from a number of factors,600,000 likes but in game 70 peeps in the days and of course the evening picks up,but not that much..

I see things typed in game chat that sometimes makes me sad/annoyed,same with things on other websites and i have to control myself not to reply(no point in doing that,it would only turn it a flaming session for fanboys of site/game).

Of course i would't like anyone excluded from any prize event,my point was on people not being able to finish the champ they started because others joined and they could not get the whole experience that it was meant to bring.

Ive seen people post concerns and then get shot down(just like daniel is doing here) when all they care about is the game.This should not just be a place for the elite but for all that contribute to SRW,now i know a few future plans i feel better about its future :)

#34 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

Next time when you get this drunk, keep yourself away from the keyboard. :)

#35 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

Next time when you get this drunk, keep yourself away from the keyboard. :)

No drink today :) All ive done is put decorations up,stepped on three drawing pins and nearly fell of a chair trying to reach to far :D

#36 Wildseven

Wildseven

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

Cossacco, I'm between the faster guys only with EvoX and I'm 2nd only because the faster guys are not present in both races of cahmpionship.

This is the trick ;)  And I was lucky with others crash too!

u could follow me in various events and between the advanced players I could fight only for the last position ^__^'

I'm not so great like u wrote ;)

In the main event (for example) on 300 partecipants i could be about 200th  ;)

#37 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

Don't be so modest, Wildseven  ;) Well done today, it wasn't an easy road for you.

Get ready for tomorrow guys, because this will be one of the highest ranked Evo X races in Simraceway history  :D

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#38 Wildseven

Wildseven

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

I don't think to be modest, I think to be realistic ;)

If u'll remember, sometimes watch out the results of the others events and u'll find me every time in middle ranking or in last positions, believe me! :P

I'm "good" only with EVo ^__^'

Today it was harder than I had imagined, the other guys were very fast, and I was about 1 second slower respect my hot lap times It could be because I'm not feeling fine after a sleepless night and a busy day. I hope to be fine for tomorrow I don't want to create problems to anyone.. I almost divebombing on Mr Piet ^__^'

Who passed in race 2?

It's a shame that we can't watch the race as a spectator ;)

#39 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

I don't think to be modest, I think to be realistic ;)

If u'll remember, sometimes watch out the results of the others events and u'll find me every time in middle ranking or in last positions, believe me! :P

I'm "good" only with EVo ^__^'

Today it was harder than I had imagined, the other guys were very fast, and I was about 1 second slower respect my hot lap times It could be because I'm not feeling fine after a sleepless night and a busy day. I hope to be fine for tomorrow I don't want to create problems to anyone.. I almost divebombing on Mr Piet ^__^'

Who passed in race 2?

It's a shame that we can't watch the race as a spectator ;)

Qualified from Heat 6 (2 out of 2):

1. kingdaeho

2. Ahui

3. devilbevin

Ahui and devilbevin finished door to door!

Yes, shame indeed, but we'll get there...

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#40 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

For final lists of qualified, please check the initial post

Practice events are available in both Hot Laps and a Quick Race. They are separated by Skillquant ranges, to avoid difficult situations. It's a free car after all. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mitsubishi evolution x, world championship, watkins glen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users