RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

That's extreme consistency. Nice job Launger

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#22 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hehe thanks both of you, i did quite some sessions in a row and finaly clicked with this machine, the track is very good and fast too. Understanding how to go over curbs without upsetting the kart is important.

Im monitoring the event every hour though and waiting for both you and JonNo to beat it lol, im sure i wont have that win so easy, being second per lap off pace last time.... i did 51.777 as PB in practice so there is no reason i cant have all laps as 51.7 - 51.8 so i can still go better lol. But yeah il wait for you guys to add before i do another move.

... ofcourse if you think its good then you dont have to beat it lol, im fine with how the times are now :D

- Launger

#23 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

Haha I for sure will have another go at it, if I beat it or not is a different matter. I've lapped 51.5 & 51.6 in various sessions but can't get the consistency to produce every lap yet.

This is gonna be close come the end of this round. Live race could be fun if your both doing it too  :D

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#24 Ecnelis

Ecnelis

Semi-Pro

• 109 posts
  • LocationPrehoryłe

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

What a battle over the lead in Week 2!  :blink:

1. JonNo 9:34.823 / Best Time: 0:51.650
2. elitespeedway 9:36.256 / Best Time: 0:51.724
3. Launger 9:36.358 / Best Time: 0:51.856

#25 JonNo

JonNo

Novice

• 21 posts
  • Facebook:Jonathan Holmes
  • Twitter:dignitasJonNo
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

On the train home, then to be on a bus home, should be home at 19:30gmt, so will be in the last heat race :)

#26 Busy

Busy

Contributor

• 6 posts
  • Facebook:BusyESP
  • Twitter:BusySPA

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

I have to say that I am very disappointed. Yesterday some people hits me in heat and live races, I know that exists more contact in karting races than other type of races but... Yesterday I felt totally not respected.

Forgetting incidents on heat races, I was beaten on qualy and live race 2 by vaskezz. Somebody apologized to me? NON.

Also SRW_Cossacco tells me that "maybe karting races are not for you". Look at this video...

We can appreciate that vaskezz hits me in qualy and race sessions. No one apologized to me... Look at incident involving Lukesky80 and Tir0... First thing that Lukesky did was apologized to Tir0, FIRST THING AFTER RACE FINISHED!! Immediately, Tir0 accepted apologizes.

But for me... no apologizes and then Cossacco's commentary... sorry Cossacco... maybe you was the most appreciated simdriver for me since I registered here on 2008 but now... you are not it...

I just expect respect on track and out of track, just respect, RESPECT.

#27 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

Busy,

I have taken your argument on board and indeed it looks bad from the video you posted. I'll have a chat with Cossacco to see what course of action to be taken (if any) and get back to you.

On a separate note - I understand your frustration at the incident(s) but please don't swear on the forum. This is your first post and it is very bad language. Not a great start. I'm no mod or anything but I'm sure making sure your swear word is etched on the forum by placing spaces between the letters won't go down so well... You speak of respect. Please respect your fellow forum members!

SRW Leagues

#28 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

"Dominating in December" is elitespeedway with another week of flat out wins. He is now on a 4 event winning streak, congrats!

Meanwhile, D1AMONDBACK and defending champion Lukesky80 snag the podium spots after week 2. Unlucky JonNo on your first lap spin in the live race - I for one were looking forward to an epic battle for P1 there. Great shame. Please try again! 

A great entry from Launger - one to watch out for in future races I think :)

post-33-0-80478000-1387145470.jpg

SRW Leagues

#29 Busy

Busy

Contributor

• 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:00 AM

I am sorry, I deleted swear words but yesterday nobody was sorry for me on track and out of the track.

Footages do not lie.

#30 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

@Busy. I feel you should have been apologized to after those hits although I can see they were not intentional.

The hit from quali you maybe should have had blue flags for a faster kart coming up?

The hit from the live race maybe slightly due to a mistake from you on the first turn when you went wide onto the grass and lost speed while vaskezz was at full speed traveling through the corner on the racing line.

You still should have received an apology though.

Please don't let this put you off the series, the next few races can be great practice and set you up for next years championships.

I think there should only be drivers in the live race that have completed a time on that weeks challenge event. Then they would have had practice before racing otherwise some people are only entering the race with no practice and ruining it for championship drivers.

#31 Busy

Busy

Contributor

• 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

I do not agree with you Sword Master :).

I was on timed lap on qualy, I have not had blue flags. In this case vaskezz must find some space between us.

Maybe I make a mistake on race but it is not necessary push me out of track. Look at Luke and Tir0 incident, you can see I brake a little to not crash with Tir0. I mean... I respect yellow flag (if any).

However, I am totally agree with you in "I think there should only be drivers in the live race that have completed a time on that weeks challenge event. Then they would have had practice before racing otherwise some people are only entering the race with no practice and ruining it for championship drivers."

Good luck, you will win this championship, it will be my last kart championship here.

#32 vaskezzz

vaskezzz

Novice

• 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

Well I see that I made some fuzz this weekend. Just watched video and in quali I looked like a bully and I apologize sincerely to Busy. But this situation in race is not that bad,maybe I got you just a little bit but you were out of track and then you go back at the racing line. I did my best to prevent same as quali incident. Anyway, my bad is that I didnt apologize right after a race so sorry for that.

And yes,during the race and quali I dont have name tags,so didnt even know with whome I have contact. Its not excuse because I forgot for race incident. :(

#33 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

I think there should only be drivers in the live race that have completed a time on that weeks challenge event. Then they would have had practice before racing otherwise some people are only entering the race with no practice and ruining it for championship drivers.

Very nice idea elite and suggestion acquired. However basing on my personal experience (and I've seen all of the Heat and Live races to date) - there's no need to take any action, just as a result of this situation. This format has been running smoothly for weeks and months already. 

Busy, most part of your incidents was just bad luck and the other part was the attitude. You should try again next week and it will definitely be better.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#34 Busy

Busy

Contributor

• 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

@vaskezzz, your apologizes are sincerely much appreciated.

@SRW_Cossacco, I think admin attitude is not something to say "maybe karting races are not for you". Simraceway will never be the same for me after this incident with you. Sure, I will try next weekend again and dont worry, I will repress my attitude. I only expect that you will repress your attitude too.

#35 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

@Busy if you didn't receive blue flags then your well within you're right to continue doing your hotlap.

With the race incident, please don't think I was taking anyones side because I just explained what I saw from you're video.

Now vaskezz has apologized I hope you can both put this behind you and have some fun clean racing in the future. Things happen like this from time to time so please continue to race this championship.

@cossacco please can private quali be used in paradise bay because that place will be almost impossible to find space for a clear lap.

#36 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

@SRW_Cossacco, I think admin attitude is not something to say "maybe karting races are not for you". Simraceway will never be the same for me after this incident with you. Sure, I will try next weekend again and dont worry, I will repress my attitude. I only expect that you will repress your attitude too.

Yes, I was a bit disappointed with your behavior on the chat during the whole racing cycle. That was an honest and friendly suggestion.

We are offering various disciplines of racing and not every one of them works for every driver - this is not something unusual. As you know, real racing drivers try various things and it doesnt always end well. Good example is my countryman Robert Kubica, who did this in Wales (last round of the 2013 WRC season): 

robert-kubica-citroen-ds3-wrc-wales-rall

However, regardless of that - he's not giving up at all! He just realizes that this new discipline will require some time and patience, before he can consider it his home, like Formula 1 is (I dont say was, because he will hopefully be back in the next years).

So I hope that you won't give up, keep trying and I guarantee that you'll forget about these problems very soon, after a couple more live races.  :)

@cossacco please can private quali be used in paradise bay because that place will be almost impossible to find space for a clear lap.

Yes, I hope you mean the Heat Races?

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#37 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

Guys, what is your opinion about an open setup in the Kart Championship, starting from the January edition?

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#38 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

My opinion usually on open setup is universal in all occasions and veichles - yes!

But SRW kart is one off case, in my opinion nothing what the same class kart that i drive in real life.

I did a few laps to see what you can actually change with the setup,

Tyre pressures are standard and straightforward, around default is good and you can change the balance easy without any sideeffects.

Reducing toe in (to maybe even zero) gets rid of that crazy front tyre temperature but even if you put all other settings to maximum oversteer, 

although the kart goes 0.5sec/min faster and is better to drive, no avaliable setting can make it controllably oversteer like it should.

I would like if atleast only kart would stay locked so it can be that one easy jump and go series where you dont need to tweak anything and learn much, but i would like the default setup to atleast be much less understeery than now, but ofc if most drivers here are with keyboard then its another world and if they maybe want to make opposite changes to setup so they can just press right arrow and go through corner in rails - then we need open setup!

- Launger

#39 Ecnelis

Ecnelis

Semi-Pro

• 109 posts
  • LocationPrehoryłe

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

No Week 3 event yet? It's time for my winter vacation, so no SRW in some 3 weeks... :( Good luck with championship!

Guys, what is your opinion about an open setup in the Kart Championship, starting from the January edition?

I have no experience with open setup whatsoever... but I would like to try it... with some guidance.  ;)

#40 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

I agree with Launger, a much less understeery default set up would be ideal to just jump in and drive although I wouldn't mind testing open set up for 1 month's championship to see if it works out.

I've not actually done any testing in practice mode kart so can't set any opinions on that and unfortunately won't get time to before January.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: karting, championship, live races, event, challenge, league

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users