Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 51

rttw51sq rttw511m sro51sq sro511m renault megane trophy bmw 1m coupe mid-ohio sports car course

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

Hello Drivers and welcome to the 51st edition of Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off! :D

Probably one of the most popular cars in whole simracing (now in a new revision, with very realistic physics) meets a very technical, but enjoyable to drive Mid-Ohio. I'm sure you already know that, after putting a lot of laps in the Race to the Weekend  ;)

Lists of qualified to the Race-Offs are not finalized yet. That is due to the fact that some of you decided to cut through Turn 1, which will be penalized with a DQ. Additional/manual review is in progress. I will post an update once that's done.

All the details about main events:

Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 51 SQ 500-900

Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 51 SQ 900-1100

and the supporting one:

Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 51 1M

Practice events are online, so make sure to get in and practice with a fuel load as much as possible.

Below, please begin to discuss and share your feedback about everything related to this event  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

I managed to do a good time so I can enter in race A :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#3 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

I always see folks cutting turn 1 here and it boggles my mind that they often think that's the proper line. It's as if they don't notice the big yellow island in the road!

I was tied for 14th for the A main in the 700-900 SQ, so I'm excited to see where I end up!

#4 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

Lists of qualified to the Race-Offs are published in the related threads.

Congratulations to everyone who made it through and best of luck in the races!  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#5 Shadowbounty

Shadowbounty

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Great driving by these big headed top drivers, not. Worst first laps out of all the SQ ranges, thanks for ruining my race. Here we are where these people bring up my driving from months a go all the time, I improved and still they fail to see this because they are so narrow minded. Then these same people go and cause wrecks in this race, really pathetic.

#6 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

First of all really enjoyed the car setup, for once it was clear of understeer. The track was very bumpy and challenging but ok once you put laps in.

The top 6 was very close and high level, full out speed i was not fastest but in the race i managed to avoid all contacts and do no errors so won with a nice lead :)

First luck came when top3 all got ´stuck´ on the sector 2 hill, managed to slip past for 1st. First vanpanther was behind me for a lot to give nice pressure, he was slightly faster all track but on the exit of turn 2 i always had better exit so he rarely got the slipstream and when he did i could block easily on this narrow track. Eventually i was happy to cover since that allowed Grivi to start fighting with him but instead panther made a slight mistake and grivi was right behind me. He was faster throughout the lap but i also managed to cover, then came pitstops where grivi dropped out and then it was just ride to finish.

Had to shortshift 1 lap to save fuel and then i also realized that with my normal fast driving i pressed like 75% throttle when braking. Basically, i never let go of throttle throughout the whole lap.... thats very bad and i could have gone much faster without that style, i must pay more attention to it in the future.

But very glad for a win, nice money in my pocket :D well not my pocket really, payouts are slower than ever right now, hope it picks up soon....

See you next weekend ;)

- Launger

#7 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

is it just me?

Now you win you say car is perfect,but you still find a way to b**** at srw,loving it :D

#8 Deigima

Deigima

Pro

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  • Locationbyron bay, australia

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

okay small issue- my steering lock was not remembered between practice, quali, and race. and even though i checked it was on 28 degrees when i clicked race in the race session, when i loaded into the race it went back to standard. this severely stunted me since other people were driving automobiles and i was sailing a yacht.

also-

My youtube playlist for SimRaceway
I like boxy cars.
300fps @ indianapolis :D

#9 Danny Irving

Danny Irving

Seasoned

• Banned
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

Haha Deigima That video is awesome! The song :D

#10 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

Now you win you say car is perfect,but you still find a way to b**** at srw,loving it :D

I said that the car is good after the first lap i did with it on thursday.

Also how is feedback bitching? If you had a 3 digit number of dollars waiting that you want to use IRL asap then you would be worried too.

Are you also one of those guys like sihkam and daniel who gets pleasure from poking people to get some rage out of them? Feel free to pull some more out of context things from my posts and i will respond with rage. People giving you attention will be guaranteed ;)

- Launger

#11 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

jiFfM.jpg

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#12 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

okay small issue- my steering lock was not remembered between practice, quali, and race. and even though i checked it was on 28 degrees when i clicked race in the race session, when i loaded into the race it went back to standard. this severely stunted me since other people were driving automobiles and i was sailing a yacht.

also-

28 degrees!

With my old gear I need to turn mine down to 13 in order to be able to turn the wheel at all without veering off the track.

#13 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Watched the replays today and there was a lot of good racing yesterday!

Good racing except for my start in the A main that is. I got a great start, but the person in front of me didn't. Trying to avoid them I ended up taking myself off track rather than cause a giant pileup. I wasn't the fastest out there, but I managed to get back up to 10th by the end.

All in all it was a lot of fun!

#14 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Nice video xDDDDDDDD :P

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#15 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

I said that the car is good after the first lap i did with it on thursday.

Also how is feedback bitching? If you had a 3 digit number of dollars waiting that you want to use IRL asap then you would be worried too.

Are you also one of those guys like sihkam and daniel who gets pleasure from poking people to get some rage out of them? Feel free to pull some more out of context things from my posts and i will respond with rage. People giving you attention will be guaranteed ;)

My post was not meant to be offensive to you at all.

Sorry you took offense to my post and no i dont like getting peeps upset in forums.i will say sorry to you now.

For the payout side of things im sure it will get sorted soon for you,when i requested my 3 digit payout i was in pure panic till it hit my paypal account hehe :) ,so i understand your feeling on that for sure.

#16 Deigima

Deigima

Pro

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  • Locationbyron bay, australia

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

28 degrees!

With my old gear I need to turn mine down to 13 in order to be able to turn the wheel at all without veering off the track.

well i like to use 900 deg of steering, which means that i need to have high steering lock, usually double standard.

My youtube playlist for SimRaceway
I like boxy cars.
300fps @ indianapolis :D

#17 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

Just watched the replay and want to say ty very much to srw for the support,it means alot to me and makes me stronger for the day a head :)

#18 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

Atom - Longstone ? ...it´s a joke right?

#19 Ludovic Gayon

Ludovic Gayon

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • Facebook:arckeo72
  • LocationFrance

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

Longstone , there is not an error there  :huh:

Arckeo 72

#20 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

Well... it´s kind of a suicidal combo. :lol:  technical track with too much power at the back, certanly add some excitments. Anyway... it is what it is, but we may see some damage on sunday. I doubt half of atoms will survive the torture of the SRO final day... :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rttw51sq, rttw511m, sro51sq, sro511m, renault megane trophy, bmw 1m coupe, mid-ohio sports car course

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users