Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 50

rttw50sq rttw501m sro50sq sro501m audi r8 lms bmw 1m coupe circuit of the americas

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

Basing on the above and votes that came through other channels, there will be no pit stops in any of the races today!

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#22 macshome

macshome

Semi-Pro

• 125 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

So I have a question about the RTTWs and this 1M/COTA event in particular.

Are we just going by auto-marshalling for determining qualifying laps? I went and looked at some replays to figure out why I was losing so much time to the top 14 and every single replay I looked at had very obvious and significant moments of all four wheels over the lines. Most of the time it was in the esses at COTA. I looked at three or four of the top 14 times, and they all had big cuts before they even got to turn 9.

I'm not being bitter here, I'm just looking for a clarification. If the standard is to just not get an auto-marshall DQ, then I'll just roll with that. I just don't want to see a GT Academy type scenario appear where a lot of the top times are set by gaming the track boundaries rather than driving like you would in real life.

Thanks!

(For what it's worth at the USGP the mid-pack, and lower, Ferrari Challenge guys were all over those curbs. The better Ferrari Challenge drivers and the F1 guys were not.)

#23 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

Yes in qualifying its 100% what the game lets you do.

I remember in the past, in zandvoort for example i recived a warning when i cut a bit too much even if the auto-warning didnt work.

This track might be an exception since there are so many corners to judge and srw (read cosacco) doesnt have time to review everything so yes last 2 weeks has been a very bad situation. There was a plan to rework the track before the weekend races but it didnt get to that this time, but atleast SRW is aware.

On all other tracks i know the cut penalty system is very strict though so its hard to cut. In races however you dont get anything so you can usually go wider, but SRW can still see the cuts + you are on TV so i figure everyone just keeps it normal: 2 wheels on track atleast.

Even so, i dont think it was that bad even on this track. I can think only the middle part of esses on the right turn where your left wheels might be on the line before penalty, and on the sharp turn before backstraight you could go alot on the curbs, but besides that nothing big. In F1 weekend they were going over the border in 2nd to last corner but that was ignored aswell, definatly uncomfortable situation but rare here :)

For my race, again as last weekend on this track i had around 15-20fps in the racing, its exactly that bad, that if it gets to around 14 then it starts taking away CPU power from the FFB calculations and that makes it undrivable, so i was riding on that limit. I almost spun twice but got it together, that enabled to have half of the race an amazing race with axfitey, half the track side-by-side and all the time we were keeping pace with micigen ahead, great stuff. Eventually i came out on top, could get out of opponent car render distance, turn off mirrors so i could get around 25fps which was better, but micigen this race in his own class, super well done to him :) 

- Launger

#24 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

Also i watched the stream, lol im locking the inside front wheel literally every corner lol, thats not good. And no change of feel from wheel so i had no idea when driving.

Locking fronts in a trailbrake corner with 50:50 bias just should not happen, its not realistic. Cant recreate in any other sim in simular cars.

- Launger

#25 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

it wouldn't be realistic with a fwd car, but rwds often have their front inside in the air while turning. maybe it's a car setup issue, but not unrealistic at all imho. fwd's have their rear inside wheel in the air sometimes at cornering...

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#26 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

Yes all you said is kind of right when i was driving 56:44 or whatever, balanced but with 50:50 brake bias, when you brake with whatever drive layout, even a racing car should squat that much from suspension, that rear rises and rears lock immediatly, so its like handbrake. In every other sim it is like that, but in srw i still lock fronts. A racing car never lifts wheels like what you said, just decreased pressure on some wheels.

- Launger

#27 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

look, doesn't matter how much pressure you add to a wheel that just barely or doesn't touch the ground, it will lock up if you touch the brakes. the problem i think is a balance issue, according to your experiments with that wide range of brake biases. getting the same result means to me that we need to look for a solution elsewhere.

#28 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

There is no such thing as a wheel not touching the ground only as a result of suspension movement with a GT car 

That only happens to stiff hatchbacks and karts

- Launger

#29 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

Or just SRW should allow the brake bias adjustment to go more than 50:50 to both ways, so if as Marco replied in one of the topics, rear brakes are weaker anyway, then i could give them more than 50 bias

It really shows the state of balance of srw default setups if i basically need to use handbrake to get the car turning in corners

- Launger

#30 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

so you want the 1200kg GT3 class car to act like a gokart on braking ?

#31 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Wtf? You are the one who suggested that the GT car lifts a wheel like a kart, now you speak against yourself? Dont reply if you have nothing to contribute

- Launger

#32 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

look. you replied with ignorance, i replied with sarcasm. what's the problem ? do some research before posting, or ask Marco to explain these things to you. keyword: VEHICHLE DYNAMICS

i'm looking forward to see what you find out, regardless of who is right or wrong here.

#33 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

besides sarcasm or ignorance..... this is a good talk guys. constructive for the both of you and for the ones that might not have taken wisdom with a spoon :D

#34 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

Daniel what i found out, that if i drive all GT cars in every other sim (Race07, rfactor mods, Assetto corsa, GTR2 whatever) and if i go beyong 54:46 brake bias and give 100% brake in a straight line, then the rears lock and possilby spin if i dont let go of brakes.

In SRW, i can go 50:50 with every GT car and more and not lock anything, or lock fronts, even in corners when the inside rear wheel should be light by both turning and braking. What more do i have to say? You keep circling a part of my sentence and reply to that, instead of reading all of my message...

And Marco already said in this thread http://community.sim...law-in-physics/ that what he knows, is that on the R8 atleast the rear brakes are supposed to be as weak.

However, if every single other sim acts differently, then i believe that there is a mistake in the numbers, nothing else. Nothing major for sure, but still if i can put the most agressive setting then i should get a result. You can see the smoke from my front inside wheel on the stream and it shouldnt work like that.... IN MY OPINION

And again i repeat what i said above incase you missed that too, if the setup was balanced normally then i wouldnt even be exploring such braking power for the rear wheels and this conversation would not exist, hell maybe i would have never even cryed about brake bias and it wouldnt be open in the game. But its not real having to stop the car and then have turn in like you would on 100% stock setups with stock brake bias, keeping momentum and turning while braking is much faster if only it was allowed right

- Launger

#35 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

http://www.youtube.c...e dynamics&sm=1

https://www.google.c...namics&safe=off

http://www.fia.com/sport/regulations

#36 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

Are you having a joke by making me upset? What i write in my posts is what you find in your links. READ MY POSTS, you have absolute no opinion or knowledge on this thread and you just come here to mock, totally ignoring my posts 

Tell me exactly what can i learn of SRW brake torque numbers being wrong by reading FIA regulations and rules? Please answer this question, but you wont, you will post another mockery, taunting on purpose. You are as worthless in this thread as you are on the track

- Launger

#37 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

look what an oversized face does to your common sense ! :D maybe buy a proper computer first, so you won't have 15fps. then we can get back to this topic. regardless of you are the only one experiencing such problems, you are throwing sh*t towards everything that's too much for your cheap stuff.
check yourself before you wreck yourself :D

#38 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

Yes i dont have money for a top end PC but again, how does that have anything to do with game physics that i also encounter while driving alone when i have normal peformance? And my ´´shit´´ pc can run AC with great graphics without any hitch.

Again you are not talking on the topic, only poking me

- Launger

#39 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

this game is not so well optimized. accept it. the lower framerate you are playing with, the lower your input and output quality will be. the worst case if it's jumping around from a good rate into a bad, this is when the car acts really unpredictable. right ? if you can't pull it to the maximum without having framerate issues, you definitely don't have enough horsepower, trust me !
can this explain why other sims which you can run smooth calculate physics better ?

#40 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

Yes thats true SRW is not well optimized, in races for sure im struggling and locking more and low fps magnifies the problem but principles are same even if i drive in a small track with high fps alone, with the Mclaren F1 hotlap event in watkins glen i can for example counter all this by driving with 48:52 brake bias and its all nice.

- Launger

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rttw50sq, rttw501m, sro50sq, sro501m, audi r8 lms, bmw 1m coupe, circuit of the americas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users