Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 49

rtt49 rttw49evo sro49 sro49evo skillquant mclaren mp4-28 mitsubishi evolution x circuit of the americas

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

Another thing  :rolleyes: ,

I think this circuit is not suitable for the Evo, too long !!! Why not make an Evo league of its own ?

I think we should make a schedule as the SRW karting for example and put only short circuits (Silverstone short, watkins glen short, midohio, limerock, sonoma nascar, paradise bay short, autoclub interior course etc.)

Coss if you want idea i can post it.

See you all.  ;)

Which is why we need the Western circuit of CotA in the game. In the update SRW have nicely done the cut through and it's just got walls blocking it off - it would take very little work to make it active, but they don't seem interested  :(

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#22 Wildseven

Wildseven

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

NP It happens.  ;)

It's not a lucky track for me too.

The Evo race off before (in this track) I was pushed away by Bolinhas

But this time I lost connection too :(

I think the track is harder of the others, very long, little used (so much to learn and remember) and with several critical points where is easy to wrong.

It's still a very good track altough as of now brought me very bad luck ^__^'

#23 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

To make an exciting race for the racers and for the guys watching the stream,the evo only needs shorter tracks,this way we stay in a big pack,this is what racers and the guys watching want .

Cota never had suited the evo,so hopefully we only get the shorter tracks from now on :D

#24 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:24 AM

To make an exciting race for the racers and for the guys watching the stream,the evo only needs shorter tracks,this way we stay in a big pack,this is what racers and the guys watching want .

Cota never had suited the evo,so hopefully we only get the shorter tracks from now on :D

The tricky bit is that Evo event is a supporting one and should be running at the same track as main one. Sadly, we don't have the short layouts at track like CotA available at the moment, but the topic is raised.

It will be all different once the Championship is on, because that will be a separate event.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#25 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:38 AM

did i just see the word: Championship? :rolleyes:

#26 Lukesky80

Lukesky80

Novice

• 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

coss wanted to ask if you get the replay of the race on the weekend evo viewed times have because of my penaltys? my first victory in the race evo would indeed have been, so I'm just ninth!

sry for my bad english :wacko:

SQ:  1032

My Cars: 109

Miles Raced:  175,081

#27 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:39 AM

coss wanted to ask if you get the replay of the race on the weekend evo viewed times have because of my penaltys? my first victory in the race evo would indeed have been, so I'm just ninth!

sry for my bad english :wacko:

Don't worry about this, I'll see it on the replay while reviewing  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#28 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

Since the RTTW 50 thread wont be up until 15 seconds before the end of it, i will write my thoughts so far here:

The setup for the R8 is too soft. Both ARB and springs need atleast 25% increase. No way to recreate the ´´how to go fast in cota´´ blog in the SRW car with such a soft package. It is visible from the videos how stiff the real cars are compared to ours.

I could take the initial understeer and not tell anyone how bad it is, but if it gets worse and worse as the weight transfers too much then i cant hold it in.

Its definatly only setup mistake though, car physics themselves with a proper setup are very good as they obviously have to be as this car was created using the real car back to back.

Also after half a year since the last remark, the bonnet view is still roof view.

How long will the race be? 100% of le mans this time? :D

SRW should take rolemodel from AC: they have only one thread for every problem. Then a moderator comes in and says: The problem is now put in our list of things to do, thank you.

Instead here cossacco comes and says that eveyone has its own opinion and thats that. Total feeling of uncertanty for the player. Is something happening or not? Does SRW have any employees left or not?

- Launger

#29 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Also related from this i made following thread, il advertise it here since i belive 50% of forum visitors only watch announcments like these instead of browsing random thread

http://community.sim...law-in-physics/

- Launger

#30 Wildseven

Wildseven

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

No Evo race off this week? :(

#31 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:57 AM

No Evo race off this week? :(

No, but we have 1M

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#32 bakosgabor57

bakosgabor57

Novice

• 19 posts
  • Facebook:bakosgabor57
  • LocationHungary

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Why is no in right time the SRO's?

#33 Wildseven

Wildseven

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

No, but we have 1M

I hate that car! ^__^'

#34 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:41 AM

Let's go: http://community.sim...ay-race-off-50/  :)

Do you want the above posts moved there or rather do a repost?

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#35 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

Since the RTTW 50 thread wont be up until 15 seconds before the end of it, i will write my thoughts so far here:

The setup for the R8 is too soft. Both ARB and springs need atleast 25% increase. No way to recreate the ´´how to go fast in cota´´ blog in the SRW car with such a soft package. It is visible from the videos how stiff the real cars are compared to ours.

I could take the initial understeer and not tell anyone how bad it is, but if it gets worse and worse as the weight transfers too much then i cant hold it in.

Its definatly only setup mistake though, car physics themselves with a proper setup are very good as they obviously have to be as this car was created using the real car back to back.

Also after half a year since the last remark, the bonnet view is still roof view.

How long will the race be? 100% of le mans this time? :D

SRW should take rolemodel from AC: they have only one thread for every problem. Then a moderator comes in and says: The problem is now put in our list of things to do, thank you.

Instead here cossacco comes and says that eveyone has its own opinion and thats that. Total feeling of uncertanty for the player. Is something happening or not? Does SRW have any employees left or not?

Risto, we always listen to your opinions and you always get an instant or delayed , but precise reply. The problem that I see with your opinions is that they go against most of drivers. This has been the case since the beginning of your career in Race-Offs. You used to make statements about physics that nobody else agreed with. By nobody I dont mean myself, because my opinion doesnt matter, but I mean fellow drivers, who competed in the same event.

You have a very unique driving style. Which is a great feature to have and I'm glad to watch it, but it also makes your expectations from the car very special.

So when I get to a point of analysis and put your opinion on one side of my white board and then a total number of drivers that participate in these events on the other side, which all have a different expectation from the car - the way to go is very visible.

It would be much easier for myself to go with that, so basically take the feedback that you deliver, which is always a negative one, follow it and adjust the car in a way that would neutralize it or even better - give this job to you, so you can setup the car just the way you want it, then use that setup in these events. Unfortunately, this way to go is very unfair. I'm looking at the whole, even though I realize how difficult that is.

I respect your unique talent, driving style and knowledge. Even the fact that you're a very targetted person, who hardly changes opinion, no matter what, but at the same time - I ask you to respect the fact that I'm not just working with yourself, but a very large number of drivers and they all have their needs, which are not always presented in such a loud way as you do it. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#36 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:10 AM

Which is why we need the Western circuit of CotA in the game. In the update SRW have nicely done the cut through and it's just got walls blocking it off - it would take very little work to make it active, but they don't seem interested  :(

This topic was raised a long time ago and first driver that did it was james38. It would be a great addition, as we don't have enough of short tracks in Simraceway, but it just wasn't possible to date. We'll definitely produce it over time. It's not that simple as you wrote it, though, because a layout is practically a separate track, with all the features needed to be adjusted. If you want, suggest this in the other section of the forum. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#37 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for the long feel-good post, i should like it and go away with a smile on my face thinking how good i am now but you didnt really answer directly to anything

Most of drivers dont show any feedback or opinion, they may say its fine but why would you want fine if you could have perfect? You think if you added 5 rear ARB suddenly all of the 13 final drivers would boycott the race, claim its UNDRIVABLE and start a court case against SRW? RTTWs are very high level and the setups should be too, not make one for all SQ... i already confirmed in my head you few  guys who run SRW just dont have time. Its 100% visible, ok sure i dont doubt you work hard but not enough of you... game itself is not moving anywhere, only colorful content keeps it alive. And the prizes ofcourse :) I will never stop driving here no matter how unbearable the driving goes and that is the opinion of half the top people here. Next spring im starting a season with racekart and without funds i get from here i would not race.

And about whats fair.... i have said a million times that in real life a driver who is not comfortable setting up a car and who doesnt have knowledge of setup mechanics gets NOWHERE. Its fair and normal (used in every single top simracing league, iracing champiosnhip whatever) to have open setup for all. That is fair, giving 30% of drivers a setup that does not fit them is unfair. Im not unique at all, axfitey for example is even more agressive with setup, many more are too. Just your PDC EVO era drivers cant even imagine anything else than the SRW signature understeer.

And one thing i have said aswell, an agressive setup is much more universal. Anyone can drive an oversteery setup - agressive guys do their thing and accurate drivers can be accurate aswell much easier, and other people can just slap on driving aids.

However with your current setups you can only drive one way, you cant push since it makes it slow and you cant change any aids to make it more pointy, only worse.  Or if the balance is right, there are some obvious flaws with the setups which shows how ´´green´´ they are, if a few small changes could make the car many times better.

And until atleast 2 900+ SQ drivers come write a long post overturning every single thing i said then i will agree, but until then im sure what i say is right and you are just imagining others opinions, not asking them.

And R8 bonnet view is still roof view

- Launger

#38 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

And R8 bonnet view is still roof view

my cockpit view is on the pretty much same level maybe 5 cm lower and i still have much space left to the roof

#39 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

This topic was raised a long time ago and first driver that did it was james38. It would be a great addition, as we don't have enough of short tracks in Simraceway, but it just wasn't possible to date. We'll definitely produce it over time. It's not that simple as you wrote it, though, because a layout is practically a separate track, with all the features needed to be adjusted. If you want, suggest this in the other section of the forum.

:

I know it was raised a long time ago, I thought if it was mentioned enough it was help push it ;) I realise that there is still a bit of work for it, but most of the hard work is already done, yes it would be quite a few man hours, but it's not like starting a track from scratch. I would have thought once the walls are moved and the cut system is broken down the modified then things wouldn't be too far off, it's not like it's going to take a team 6 months of constant work to complete. But I realise you guys have plenty of other things that you are working on.

I know some other of the tracks in game could have different layouts but it's just the fact that CotA is a very long circuit for slower car and would really benefit from a shorter layout. I thought it was already in the suggestions section, but if not I will stick it in.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rtt49, rttw49evo, sro49, sro49evo, skillquant, mclaren mp4-28, mitsubishi evolution x, circuit of the americas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users