Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 49

rtt49 rttw49evo sro49 sro49evo skillquant mclaren mp4-28 mitsubishi evolution x circuit of the americas

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

Welcome to the 49th edition of Simraceway's Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off  :)

It's the time of the year when Formula 1 takes over Texas and races around the great Circuit of the Americas. We dedicate this edition to that event and with your help - will replicate the real race!

Please have a look at the details:

Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 49 SQ 500-900

Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 49 SQ 900-1100

and the supporting event:

Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 49 Evo

Stay tuned for the final results of all Race to the Weekend 49 events. Don't hesitate to discuss everything in the meantime  :) 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

By the way, it will be a very similar type of event to the one from June, when we replicated Formula 1 Silverstone GP, so make sure to browse it's thread again: http://community.sim...ay-race-off-31/

It might answer some of your questions or concerns! 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#3 Wildseven

Wildseven

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

If a car goin crashed during the race is it possible to watch the race at the side of the track?

Maybe is better to quit even if the car is outside the track? I think that the others will se a yellow flag.

Is there a rule about it?

#4 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:54 AM

If a car goin crashed during the race is it possible to watch the race at the side of the track?

Maybe is better to quit even if the car is outside the track? I think that the others will se a yellow flag.

Is there a rule about it?

Yes, I'm aware of a lack of proper spectator feature in the game, but because of this yellow flag - we need to avoid that kind of situations. It's very confusing to the drivers who continue racing, but also might result in one of the them getting a Stop 'N Go penalty for passing under yellow. 

If you manage to safely get back to the pit and park there, that's fine  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#5 bakosgabor57

bakosgabor57

Novice

• 19 posts
  • Facebook:bakosgabor57
  • LocationHungary

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

Would it be possible to make cars take less damage? The amount of damage/damage-rate? One small bump and the wings fall off.

#6 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

taking a look at the prizes, a question popped up in my mind

A race P14 = 8$
B race P1 = 18$
why ?

i have doubts if this is fair. if I qualify for B race and not putting in that much efforts like the ones in A, i get paid more ?

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#7 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

I´m not paying attention to money thing. I knew half hour session will be enough to race in CotA and watch F1 live afterwards. Btw - you think someone who crashes in A race lap 1 deserves more than someone who won 50% distance in race B? :P

#8 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

I´m not paying attention to money thing. I knew half hour session will be enough to race in CotA and watch F1 live afterwards. Btw - you think someone who crashes in A race lap 1 deserves more than someone who won 50% distance in race B? :P

definitely not, DNF payment is the other thing that needs a cut imho.

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#9 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

I would like to practice but there are no practice events, quick races and the offline practice setup isnt same as the race one.

- Launger

#10 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

I would like to practice but there are no practice events, quick races and the offline practice setup isnt same as the race one.

i would also like some... at least to try few pitstops..

#11 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

Regarding the rule regulating minimum distance between each pit stop. To clarify, I will quote a post from Race-Off 31 thread:

Important note about the pitstops. As you can see, they are mandatory. You will get a full tank of fuel and no tire wear, so technically you wouldn't need to pit at all through the whole distance, but mandatory means that you have to.

To avoid a situation of someone pitting 4 laps in a row to fulfill the requirement, there will be a 5 laps distance between each pit minumum. That means you can pit on lap 1, but then next on 6th, 11th, 16th. Please plan this before the race and note down the lap numbers that you want to pit at, so it doesnt get confusing. Make sure to not run into a situation, where you have 10 laps to go and 3 pits to serve, because obviously that wouldnt work.

I'm still working out on penalties for not pitting 4 times (or 2 in 31B) and having less than 5 laps distance between the pits, but they will be strong enough to make you lose all the potential advantage gained, so let's not go there. 4 pitstops and 5 laps distance between each at a 52 laps race give a lot of room for strategy.

Please browse that thread for more details. There are plenty of good questions asked and answered  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#12 Wildseven

Wildseven

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

Lost connection during the race T_T

And this time Arckeo (not on purpose) hitted me  Q_Q

I'm very unlucky :(

#13 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

That was another SRO that I really loved, mainly because it was a special event replicating the US Grand Prix.

I spent a really great time on the SRO 900-1100 B and managed to be in first place in the qualifying session (I don't know how) and in the race itself, I chose the early pit strategy (1st and 6th lap)., which resulted in a podium finish - 3rd place in the race B (I don't know how I got a podium finish, either) :D - even though I spun once in the corner after the longest straight.

Thanks to cossacco for weekly organising such awesome events as this one and congratulations to everyone who participated in this SRO.

Also, congratulations to Busy who put some pressure on me (and did an excellent driving) in the last 6 or 8 laps of the B race, which result in a breathtaking final part of the race :)

Cheers

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#14 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

That was another SRO that I really loved, mainly because it was a special event replicating the US Grand Prix.

I spent a really great time on the SRO 900-1100 B and managed to be in first place in the qualifying session (I don't know how) and in the race itself, I chose the early pit strategy (1st and 6th lap)., which resulted in a podium finish - 3rd place in the race B (I don't know how I got a podium finish, either) :D - even though I spun once in the corner after the longest straight.

Thanks to cossacco for weekly organising such awesome events as this one and congratulations to everyone who participated in this SRO.

Also, congratulations to Busy who put some pressure on me (and did an excellent driving) in the last 6 or 8 laps of the B race, which result in a breathtaking final part of the race :)

Cheers

Congrats rtmetz (or Carlos) (is your name right? :P)

We have a portuguese on the podium! yaaaay :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#15 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

Nice race, enjoyed the long run. Struggled early but had good pace later, 38.9 fastest lap i think it was, maybe even better cant remember.

Had to join quali very late but still had a nice position with much more fuel than others. Struggled at first but the way car kept getting faster every lap meant that i never wanted to stop :D

This long drive portraits very well how degraded the SRW hud and systems are. In rfactor you could see fastest laptime owner and lap, your own sector times and fastest laps and gmotor always outputs a big file after multiplayer races where you can see every imaginable stat. See this for example:

http://www.flatoutcl...ace-report.html

This is the default for every rfactor club.

Why is SRW so degraded from that point? So many rfactor features are just turned off...

great race, great awards but the game feels dead without the details... stop fixing cars and fix the game

- Launger

#16 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

Congrats rtmetz (or Carlos) (is your name right? :P)

We have a portuguese on the podium! yaaaay :D

Thanks.

Not carlos :D Ricardo is my first name :)

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#17 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

Thanks.

Not carlos :D Ricardo is my first name :)

Oh sorry! :/

Congrats Ricardo! :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#18 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

My race... went the way races go, if you don´t do your homework. I know... it´s bizzare that track creator putted line of the pit exit 30m before stick with light on it and race recognize that green semaphore for exit, but i should do some testing before race... hell yeah. Anyway, after that ... beside getting just reprimand, i had another track limit excursion which resulted in another pit penulty... which i served, but had that stupid Maldonado feeling and call it the day off.... :ph34r: :P

anyway... i support this kind of events. F1 might be allready a bit fast for Schumacher generation... but longer races and pitstops defenately give another perspective on racing.

Just one more thing. Never had such graphic issues in SRW like last few month. What are your technical department doing there? I upgraded PC from 3 to 4 gb ram and switched from xp to win7, but..... allready that indy car challenge was undrivable for me. So much lagg on corners of "freakingraphicpoor" ovals wasn´t expecting. The same yesterday. At start i had so much lagg that i just prayed to finish 1st lap without touching someone. Never happened before. So...you may take a look on that as well. I thought SRW is PC friendly... <_<

#19 Ludovic Gayon

Ludovic Gayon

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • Facebook:arckeo72
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hi all,

Sorry Wildseven :unsure:   I could not do anything, I was caught up in the pack.

Bad race for me too, and for other one (for example Ragster :() if that can console you.

Definitely this circuit not brings me luck!

Thanks to Bolinhas for the small battle  :P It is what motivated me to stay there race.

See you soon on the road.

Arckeo 72

#20 Ludovic Gayon

Ludovic Gayon

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • Facebook:arckeo72
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

Another thing  :rolleyes: ,

I think this circuit is not suitable for the Evo, too long !!! Why not make an Evo league of its own ?

I think we should make a schedule as the SRW karting for example and put only short circuits (Silverstone short, watkins glen short, midohio, limerock, sonoma nascar, paradise bay short, autoclub interior course etc.)

Coss if you want idea i can post it.

See you all.  ;)

Arckeo 72

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rtt49, rttw49evo, sro49, sro49evo, skillquant, mclaren mp4-28, mitsubishi evolution x, circuit of the americas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users