Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 47

rttw47 rttw47evo rttw47open sro47 sro47evo sro47open laguna seca mitsubishi evolution x mazda furai

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

Results of all Race to the Weekend 47 events are published in the initial threads: 

Race to the Weekend 47

Race to the Weekend 47 Open

and the supporting event:

Race to the Weekend 47 Evo

Congratulations to everyone who qualified to the Sunday Race-Offs 47 and good luck! See you on the website chat at the right time  :) 

Meanwhile, lets discuss the changes to the format that occured in the last weeks:

- unlocked Brake Bias in all events

- Open Setup event

- Race to the Weekend events as Challenges, instead of Hot Laps 

Apart from general opinions, we need to try answering the following questions: 

1. Do we need the Open Setup event? Especially now, when Brake Bias setting is available also in the regular Race to the Weekend and allows you to adjust a very important area of the car to your driving style, but keeping the field even.

2. How did you like Race to the Weekend as a Challenge, instead of Hot Lap?

Greetings!

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

We definitely do need an open setup event. braking wasn't an issue for me, it's been a long time since i dont use abs manually at all....but the ultra-conservative, too understeery, too oversteery, default gearing not fitting any tracks in the game kind of setups are making my life very hard.
I know its the same for everyone, but in preferences we racers have a lot of differences. It was just random who got the comfortable ride from sunday to sunday. all the others had to do the extra work. I enjoy open setup races much better, doing the researches, ask for opinions, and have a nice outcome. A gearing that gives me all the engine's power to use, suspension settings which i can adjust for the conditions....a much more enjoyable race overall. I do 75% less mistakes during a run, more than .5 closer to the front runners... so with some luck I can have some similar results like what I had in regular 900-1000

Challenge format had its up and down sides too. Its a good thing that racers are actually practicing racing. training for starts, driving right behind someone or in crowd. so this could eliminate a lot of mistakes guys doing around. spin starts, first corner divebombs, etc. also, it focuses more on consistency, which is imho needed more to a broadcasted race. But the down of it was that ppl actually was racing instead of qualifying. I wanted to improve my time yesterday, cause its just awful this way...but I couldn't ! I had to fight for quali positions cause the servers were crowded, I had to fight for places and got forced all over the place. This was nothing like a qualifying session. I suggest if challenge format is continued to be in use, that let it be a lone car session. I don't want others to be on track while i'm setting a quali time to get into sunday's race...where I have to qualify again.

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#3 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • Facebook:Massimo Mastrorocco
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

I'm agree with daniel c.
I'm not qualified this time because i don't like this circuit.
I prefer hot lap qualifing instead challenge...

#4 Shadowbounty

Shadowbounty

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

The format was not good, I enjoyed hot lap format so much more because I could simply do lap after lap and not have to wait 15 minutes for the race to begin after the 8 laps. Hot lap was just a 30 min blast, followed by another and another and so on. The challenge format meant that I did a lot less laps than I would normally do because I got sick and tired of waiting for the session to start and also because 2 of my attempts I was blocked by someone else so I just got annoyed and gave up.

Daniel_C mentions the challenge format is a good way to practice the race. Well I feel I get more out of practicing in the hot lap format. I can easily practice consistency in the hot lap format as well as race starts in hot lap. Difference in the hot lap format is that I can do as many practice starts as I like, which is a positive.

Only thing in challenge is that you have realistic fuel levels in the car, similar to what you would be running in the actual race. How we would overcome that in the hot lap format I don't know, but I never had a problem in the hot lap format where I had a lack of race fuel running because there was always a quick race, and for me that was always enough to get an idea on how the car would be handling with much more fuel.

#5 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

Since all default setups are unquestionably also aimed at keyboard arcade players, then its obvious they cannot be driven enjoyably on a high level. Ok there are some very loose cars, old cars that have been decent with whatever default setup but mostly not. 

You guys speak of default setups for everyone as fair play, but its the opposite, it is fair play if everyone can set up for themselves and drive their own way. There isnt a racing driver in the world who doesnt know about how a car is set up and it is also false that it takes years to set it up, if you are familiar with it it will take a few laps to get the balance that you like.

For the furai tribute hotlap for example i did ALOT of laps, but i did not enjoy the car AT ALL, i finished pretty back with a time of 1.18.5 i think, maybe better.

Now for the RTTW, i did the following changes for the car:

* Rear wing from 6 to 5

* +6 clicks caster

* +6 clicks rear spring sitffness

* +2 clicks front spring stiffness

* +1 click front ARB stiffness

* -0.5 cm front ride height

* 1 preload, 20% power diff

* Gearing

Not too many changes actually, but car is much stiffer and actually turns in. Now i have to use half the steering lock, i can actually feel the rear and im going 0.5sec faster with more fuel in the car. Absolutly different car. You guys probably think that if i get to open setup i put some crazy settings and drift around the track, no. I remove understeer and make it actually balanced. Everyone could drive this setup much easier, even beginner drivers because you have to yank the car less into corners so its more stable too. Understeery setup can only be driven understeerily, but a setup on the edge can be driven both agressively but also very accurately. It is much more compromised.

So until SRW can start making drivable default setups or different setups for higher SQ groups, then yes i belive open setup should be avaliable.

I think the system now with 2 different groups is very good, you guys could improve other things in the game to bring back players and then you would not have to worry about narrowing everything down. You guys cut down on employees, events and then you will be losing players too and the circle is dead. 

About the challenge over hotlap, i kind of enjoy the challenge of many laps but yes it is a bit difficult for some and especially if you have to drive the time with someone else on the track distracting you. It is easier if you have done many laps in a row and know your fuel and stuff but yes it is more attractive to have the hotlap. It is the drivers own responsibility to practice for the race as it gives them more rewards too :)

Btw nice rewards on this weeks race, its going to be a good one :P

- Launger

#6 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

Although I have not participated in RTTW with this format, yet, I think some changes should be done.

Based on other players' feedback, the main problems are that with challenges there is the waiting time, as Shadowbounty said and the fact that as challenges are opened to all drivers, there will be more crashes, specially in turn 1.

So, my idea would be to run hotlap events first, which will act as a filter, of which its output will be for example, the first 40 drivers in the leaderboard. 

As a consequence of running the hotlap event first, you will have less drivers for the RTTW challenge event which will come next.

This way, as you have selected a fixed number of drivers from the hotlaps, you know exactly how many servers you have to open for the challenge event, by taking into account the worst case scenario - that all the qualified drivers will race at the same time.

Also, as only the best, for example, 40 drivers have been selected from the hotlap event, there is a lot less probability that in the challenge event which will happen after the hotlap RTTW event to have "douchebags" on track, spoiling the other drivers' race.

To sum up, just by changing the order of the two sub-events of the current format of the RTTW, you can solve the two main problems I described above, which everyone is rightly complaining about.

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#7 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

As for myself, I dont want 2 qualis instead of 1.
I think loosing participants isn't a cause of changing the format of rttw. As it was mentioned before, some other problems should be fixed first, which isn't related to Coss' job.
..but tbh 3 running series here still isn't close to enough in the quest of making srw more popular.

#8 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

Pracitce events for all Sunday Race-Offs 47 are available both in Challenges and Quick Races

Important notice regarding the practice event for Sunday Race-Off 47B, 47A and Open. Challenge event has two servers running:

- us_SRW_49_248670 (open setup)

- us_SRW_49_248684 (fixed setup, with the correct one loaded)

Just in case you are a fixed setup event participant, but would still like to use the open setup event, you will need to load the setup manually. Grab it from HERE and use this guide by LoneWolfGAM: http://community.sim...-in-simraceway/

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#9 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

I didn't like the new format :/

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#10 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

Something that hasn't been mentioned is the removal of skillquant races. They provided excellent racing, particularly last week with the Caterhams.

Was this week just an experiment of new format?

I think last week's format was almost perfect. The races were long enough and had lots of close racing. Plus the top guys had 28 places to compete for with 900-1100 and Open Setup, which they deserve as they are the best racers.

Challenge isn't as good as the hotlaps in my opinion. As for fuel, perhaps the hotlaps could done with half of what is needed for a full race. 

While open setup isn't very popular, I like it and there are enough drivers to make a competitive race. 

#11 Shadowbounty

Shadowbounty

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

Something that hasn't been mentioned is the removal of skillquant races. They provided excellent racing, particularly last week with the Caterhams.

Hmm, about 3 races were good. Evo, 900-1100 and Open setup (Didnt watch open setup) but apparently that was also good. SQ isn't working for the lower groups because only a handful are showing up. 500-700 only 3 people are showing up pretty much every week, I dont consider that "excellent" racing, in fact, I wouldn't even call it a race at all.

#12 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

We had a full grid in 700-900 and it was a good race. Yes, 500-700 only ever have 3 or 4 drivers but they are they are also the smallest part of the SRO. You can't say SQ should be removed just because there are only 3 drivers in 500-700.

#13 freggel

freggel

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationKatwijk, The Netherlands

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

Sorry but i'm not competing tonight :(  so my spot on the A race is open

#14 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

Old SQ format is much better . Because middle ranked SQ players were given a chance to have a great battle in a race . In this format middle ranked player must have enormous time to spend in order to try to qualify at all . (if he is lucky)

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#15 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

Unfortunately, one of the reasons is purely technical - Challenges don't support Skillquant at the moment.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#16 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

i think i'm better off with elitespeedway, grivi, micigen, mrjones and the regular event participants. 2 finished race out of 5 shows that touring car racing takes over even the openwheelers here, in the open setup race. so no more wrecking party for me. thanks for the race !

#17 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

Unfortunately, one of the reasons is purely technical - Challenges don't support Skillquant at the moment.

So +1 reason to go back to the old format :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#18 Danny Irving

Danny Irving

Seasoned

• Banned
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

i think i'm better off with elitespeedway, grivi, micigen, mrjones and the regular event participants. 2 finished race out of 5 shows that touring car racing takes over even the openwheelers here, in the open setup race. so no more wrecking party for me. thanks for the race !

What happened? :l

#19 Racecarfan

Racecarfan

Novice

• 48 posts
  • LocationOshawa Ontario Canada

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

I have a suggestion how about alternating bi weekly the two formats? This week was the new way and perhaps next week we could return to the familiar SQ way . Just hanging this thought out there for you all to ponder . 

#20 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

my feedback to SRO 47, SRO's, format of rttw and open setup

first of all grats to axfitey to an absolutaly outstanding quali lap.... to bad his race went the way it did. besides first open setup event, this was the only one where i felt setup made bigger difference. the others i just drove stock setup with little changes...this time again i fooled myself on trying to setup a car with close to no knowledge.... totaly wrong gearing, no top speed, good car in corners but hopelessly slow.... besides that i had a funny sound problem wich didnt allow me to realy hear my car, but all others around me.... makes shifting very hard :o later my pedals went loose and at some point i lost my left front wheel to a curb.

challenge format didnt make much of a difference to me. both formats have to be approached differently but it doesnt matter to me if the time i post comes from one of the laps i do or out of an accumulation of laps. the only thing with hotlap is, it gives you a better picture of speed amd its keeps race speed a mistery and so another part of the exitment.

open setup event is good. but For SRO i think it doesnt fit. SRO for now are the only true SRW live events and it should keep all top drivers in one class.. top drivers = driving.... were are not running a constructors race or championship. once we have a long period championship with one car, then yes open setup makes sense, simply because of time for setting it up and because you get to know the car over time.
so i think we should drop open setup for SRO's for now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rttw47, rttw47evo, rttw47open, sro47, sro47evo, sro47open, laguna seca, mitsubishi evolution x, mazda furai

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users