• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Results of all Race to the Weekend 45 events are published in the initial threads: 

Race to the Weekend 45 for Skillquant group between 500 and 700

Race to the Weekend 45 for Skillquant group between 700 and 900

Race to the Weekend 45 for Skillquant group between 900 and 1100

Race to the Weekend 45 Open

and the supporting event:

Race to the Weekend 45 Evo

As usual, practice areas are open in regular events (Challenge), but also Quick Races. The setup in IndyCar practice event is open. This is on purpose, to allow both groups (Open and Fixed setup) to use it. 

If you are a participant of regular Race-Off with fixed setup (SQ 500-700, SQ 700-900 or SQ 900-1100), then you will have to make a couple small changes in the default setup. To make it exactly as your Race-Offs will run at, change these two things:

1. 70 liters of fuel in the tank (maximum)

2. Extend each gear's ratio by 2 steps (2 clicks on the right arrow near each gear's ratio)

Alternatively, download a setup from here and use this guide to load it. Target folder name is Igtindianapolis.

Congratulations and good luck to all that qualified to Sunday Race-Offs 45! See you on the website chat at the right time!    :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

As always with races with pitstops in SRW, lots of bullshit

Although i requested, confirmed and planned in setup to add 50 liters (which i changed before pitstop to 40), i still got 70 liters. That cost me 2nd place. And the launch control timed out in the start, why cant it just be that you have to hold down the launch control button like in all other games?

A week ago i requested info about whether or not it is possible to enable the ´repeat shift´ optin, which helps if your shift pedals malfunction and do more than 1 click per 1 push. It is so easy to enable in rfactor but ofcourse encryped in here. I was ´happily´ in 3rd but doubleshift happened and car self-spun.

Well done to ax again, his pace level was as high as it was last race when i was right behind him but i could not do such pace thanks to the crap happening to me

Setting up was fun, dannys 320kmh was scary down the straight and pilota had a very short 6th gear which was helpful for me for a while too, see you next weekend

- Launger

#3 Danny Irving

Danny Irving

Seasoned

• Banned
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

I enjoyed the race up until lap 7 when i felt something hit me, upon reviewing the replay nothing touched me but somethings was wrong, maybe it was "Dust" like NoFearce said lol so i'm sorry Pilota for what i accused you of.

This is the only RTTW/SRO where i have been able to keep up with the really fast people, my setup helped me greatly, Going down the finish straight was great fun then i had to remember to brake which went wrong twice on Devilbevin)

I appreciate Coss giving someone like me the opportunity to race in the open setup without DirtyJohn.

This is the setup i was using (Bare in mind i use low TC because i suck w/o it & steering lock may need to be increased due to 270 wheel rotation)

https://www.dropbox.... qualifying.svm

#4 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

I raced in the 900-1100 (closed setup) and I have to say I had really a lot of un there. This was the race I enjoyed the most, out of all SRO I had participated. Even though I collected some minor damage during the whole race, first when I was blocked in the main straight while overtaking (luckily there was no accident and the damage did not change the behaiour of my car).

After that me and Johndaniels were always swapping positions during nearly the whole race, until I spun in front of him and he couldn't avoid my car, which resulted in him spinning as well.

Even though I am not directly responsible for his involvement in the accident (I spun in front of him so there was no intentional contact done by me (nor him), as I lost control of the car from the moment I spun) I would still want to apologise Johndaniels for the trouble caused.

Anyway, this was a really great race and congratulations for everyone's results :)

See you next time

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#5 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

well... race to forget for me, mostly because of John Daniels. After he allready nailed me in Laguna Seca with 787 in lap 1, i thought he will learn something in last few month, but... first he crashed into me in qualys and made some damage in last two minutes of session, then after quite "safe" start from the back, i got him beside me in T3...and hey even if i had a corner on the inside, he managed to crash into me which resulted in another damage, making my car to only get some 270km/h top speed. I struggled from the back, but kept driving if someone will have some problems. I managed to catch JD and Floww on the last lap, because i allready watching JD weawing left right previous lap. I managed to get into slipstream and passed JD again T3...clean, but was very surprised because JD used my car in  T4 for braking just to send me into gravel on the very last lap.

I´m not sure what is in JD´s head, but he don´t know sh*t about racing manners. Saying sorry after ruining races for others... is just not good enough!

#6 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

I'm joining the badluckers. I expected much, much more from this race, my setup and fuel calculation was a complete circle. I finished the race with 0 liters, but i can throw this out of the window. In the quali had an important phone call, missed the first minutes, but more or less i got a good fueled lap, taking me to 4th line. race distance needed 88 liters of fuel, so i decided to split the run into 2 stints. a bigger, 55liter tank for the start, so i can perfectly use up all the strong slipstreams, and a smaller load if the field stretches and i lose front runners. I could gain big time with this, but lady luck had some different plans in her mind. bakosgabor couldn't absolve the start, he shifted way too early and started a turn which resulted in a spin (...) Saverio and me got heavy damage to our cars cause of this. my front wing was like it's gone, the car became brutally understeered, acceleration was gone, i took most of the corners in a gear lower than i did in my practice runs. top speed was gone as well, so i began to look for some drafting.....but with this level of damage it just didn't work out. i used different apexes all race.....doing more than 1s slower laps than what i could do. a finished in 5th place, but honestly i don't know how did i managed to. such a disappointment.

thank you Coss for all the work you've done for us :) can't wait for the oval race, and i really hope everyone will take his time to practice this time. if i'm correct, there will be a rolling start, which can be very tricky too. ALSO, very important for everyone to be 100% clear of the RULES of that start type.

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#7 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

ahhhhhhh.... for a setup newbie like me, i was surprised to quali so close in rttw... race setup made me worry, but although i only made it 4 turns of the race, i felt good and confident to fight for race win... but from out of nowhere my car decided to get loose on back end and i slid into the wall.... one man crying makes another laugh (Axfitey)..... no idea were that came from, but i guess a lack of focus for a split second. ill keep on racing, and at some point consistency will return.

was great fun with a "for me" perfect combo. (open wheeler on a official track)

i just hope all others missing in the last 2-3 weeks will return soon, so we get the most competative field possible ( like pumaa, vanPanther, Stuntman, Grivi and many more)

#8 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

ahhhhhhh.... for a setup newbie like me, i was surprised to quali so close in rttw... race setup made me worry, but although i only made it 4 turns of the race, i felt good and confident to fight for race win... but from out of nowhere my car decided to get loose on back end and i slid into the wall.... one man crying makes another laugh (Axfitey)..... no idea were that came from, but i guess a lack of focus for a split second. ill keep on racing, and at some point consistency will return.

was great fun with a "for me" perfect combo. (open wheeler on a official track)

i just hope all others missing in the last 2-3 weeks will return soon, so we get the most competative field possible ( like pumaa, vanPanther, Stuntman, Grivi and many more)

#9 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

hmm...no idea why it double posted :D sorry. stupid iphone

#10 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

Well, I had a good time in my race. I finished in a 3rd place, and I'm happy.

There was a lap, that I was behind wtnn1 and I was almost going to overtake him, but my screen went black for a second (it isn't the first time that SRW gives problems...), and when the screen shows the race again BAAM! I hit wtnn1 and I think: S***

Well, in the next turn he spuns, and I think: Maybe I damaged the tire from his car, and he spun because of that.

On the last lap, I saw that wtnn1 was behind me, so I was driving a little worse and in the final straight I braked a bit so he overtaked me without problems.

But I want to say one more thing: see the replay of SRO 45 at 0:57:11 (57 minutes and 11 seconds). My car is going to overtake, and the car does the thing for overtake, but a strange thing happens (maybe a bug) and my car hits wtnn1.

Well, even with that problem, I had fun in the race, and Indycar is a cool car.

For the next week, I will have 4 tests, but I hope that I can do the RTTW/SRO

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#11 freggel

freggel

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationKatwijk, The Netherlands

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

I had such a great time yesterday, I just have to put something up here for the first time. B)

My rttw was good, trying to keep up with elitespeedway's time and ended up 0.4 behind him in 4th.

Qualification wasn't great, I messed up my first lap and hit someone (I believe it was GargoWARE, sorry again) in my 2nd. With some damage I managed to get in 7th position. Not great, but I was happy.

Then the race. I was hoping to be able to fight with elitespeedway and MrJones, assuming AG06 and Shaun24 would take the lead.

I had a decent start, I overtook JohnDaniels before T1 and than there was mayhem in front of me. With all the luck in the world I could squeeze myself between AG06 and MadMax and I was in 3rd behind elitespeedway and Shaun. I pushed hard the rest of the lap so I could get a slipstream on elite. I got it and passed him already at start/finish. The next 3 laps I was constantly looking in my mirrors and checking the gaps, affraid elite could get a slipstream on me. But because of his fight with MrJones the gap increased and I could focus on my laps and my gap to Shaun. I was able to keep the gap the same for about the whole race. But whenever I gained 0.1, Shaun countered my attack by doing 0.2 faster. So at the end he increased his lead a bit but eventually finished only 3.5 seconds in front of me.

This was an awesome SRO and like Liam said, my best result so far :)

I'm looking forward to the next race, hoping I will do just as good on an oval as on a road course. :P

#12 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Hi . I had a great SRO . Thx to coss i had enought $ to buy Indycar . But it was 5 hrs left to quali . It was hard but i did it . Then in quali for race i had a little help with draft to get the pol. The race was perfect ! God start and enough speed to finish 1st .

Off topic . Freggel is that your vw golf on picture ?

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#13 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hi . I had a great SRO . Thx to coss i had enought $ to buy Indycar . But it was 5 hrs left to quali . It was hard but i did it . Then in quali for race i had a little help with draft to get the pol. The race was perfect ! God start and enough speed to finish 1st .

It was a great race for you ingange: Great qualify and great race; always in first

Congrats :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#14 freggel

freggel

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationKatwijk, The Netherlands

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Well, it was... I had to put it away because there was too much too be fixed. And I didn't have the money for that. :(

But ever since I was like 8 or something I said I would buy a golf 1 cabrio and at age 23 I did :P

(I'm driving a opel vectra station now  :wacko:  :blink:  :()

#15 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

I missed the action yesterday but I just watched the replays now and wanted to say thanks to B13A6, Seggadilha and Ragster for putting on a great show. Lots of respectful driving as well as intense action in the EVOs, it was great to see. Good one! congrats to LolinFOX on a Vettel win :D

p.s. what happened to 900-1100 and Open setup streams? Problems? :(

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#16 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

I missed the action yesterday but I just watched the replays now and wanted to say thanks to B13A6, Seggadilha and Ragster for putting on a great show. Lots of respectful driving as well as intense action in the EVOs, it was great to see. Good one! congrats to LolinFOX on a Vettel win :D

p.s. what happened to 900-1100 and Open setup streams? Problems? :(

eh...with all respect to front runners, but some driving was unacceptable in 900-1100. Like kids in go karts rather than some with speed and skills for this class. I expect no less than following the real racing rules about swerwing, blocking...using front cars for brakes and simmilar stuff from some... but OK ... i´m slowly losing my interest in SRO racing. Somehow...i feel... we are not progressing this way. I would really like a few championnships with maybee 15 guys signed, who will race each week for points and have fun... and explore the opponent driving during weeks... his week spots... his best tracks and so on. Fight for points through season for final goal.... wining championships in that class. This way.... it was fun previous season, with separated classes... i had to fight last few races to earn 3rd spot in champs... and... i was satisfied. It showed who is consistant...and fast...and at the end... fair on track...like mrJones in my class. Now.... as far as i support open setups (for example...im no master, but my open setup was like redbull against caterham comparing setup for 900-1100 class) ........ it´s pretty confusing everything. No matter those few dollars for doing best job possible... and no matter for some with raw speed and no racing brains, who can easy ruin everything you build over week for those 35 minutes of joy and adrenalin and nice fights on track. Well... i would really wish weekly meetings with comparable drivers. Where we go with this SRO ...i really don´t know, but exept opening setups i see no progress in any way. Sorry.... but all respect to Cossaco and Liam.... at least for those two guys...i´m quite happy to race and follow stream at... lazy sundays. Just my two cents guys......

#17 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

btw.... it´s really great to have live stream and Liam, but i don´t need that you cover all the races if there was a championships. Maybee...if we had let´s say 5 different champs in seasson (5 different cars as well)... maybee SRW could cover one race from one championships in that week.... each week from some different class...or maybee the most interesting races that day on program. It´s really nice that you give space also for not so top drivers... i mean good old James is almost a hero for me... B) ....but watching races with 3 cars is a bit of waste of time. I think James is capable enough to race also in some mixed champs with maybee also some alien in it. Maybee with good tactics and problems for other... would even score some points... and i see much more satisfaction in it, than completed five laps in race without real racing, but OK...i do agree that everyone should have a shot in racing SRO with live coverage and  Liam Brundle behind the mike... :P

#18 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

that was another two cents...now im off!

#19 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Could you guys not forget making the threads please? week 47 is different format but not a word. stop making these info threads during sunday evening, do them right when you open the events ffs

- Launger

#20 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

Could you guys not forget making the threads please? week 47 is different format but not a word. stop making these info threads during sunday evening, do them right when you open the events ffs

been said before unfortunately

maybe someone should make a rttw/sro driver discussion thread in general or whereever we are allowed to make one...

then when snippets of info are gleaned from the chat as often happens they could be posted in the forum so all can know not just some guy in the chat at the time

like car + track were known from chat if u were at last sro.... but if u werent there u wouldnt know till launched

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rttw45, rttw45evo, sro45, sro45evo, indianapolis, indycar, mitsubishi evolution x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users