Daytona2_StoryTeller.jpg?1358977199

Daytona3_StoryTeller.jpg?1358977211

track_outline_DaytonaTriOval.png?1358936

Opened: February 22, 1959
Turns: 4
Length: 2.5 mi
Real-world record: 0:42.738- Bill Elliot
SRW virtual record: 1:01.689- SRush

IHome to the jewel in the NASCAR racing crown, the Daytona 500®, the Daytona International Speedway® was built by the series’ co-founder, Bill France Sr., and first opened its gates in 1959. Located in Daytona Beach, Florida, the 480-acre facility’s title of the “World Center of Racing®” has been well-and-truly earned over the years. On top of its 2.5-mile tri-oval superspeedway, the complex also offers a 12-turn, 3.56-mile road course, a 2.95-mile motorcycle course, and a 0.25-mile karting track. As well as being home to two NASCAR weekends each year, the speedway also hosts the prestigious Rolex 24 at Daytona, part of the Rolex Sports Car Series, and a number of equally-renowned two-wheel events.

Please share your reviews, videos, pictures, or critiques about Daytona in the comment section. And be sure to check back regularly to read our very own Simraceway staff give you some insight into the creation of this racing venue. 

Ojan
Simraceway Community and Customer Service
San Francisco, California

#2 Danny Irving

Danny Irving

Seasoned

• Banned
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:16 AM

Sneaky Srw adding tires to Daytona RC, I got the shock of my life when assuming nothing changed since the last time i played, coming up to the chicane on the back straight when suddenly i flew into the sky. Thanks for the tires :) Happy belated new year to you too :D

#3 MuscleCarRacer

MuscleCarRacer

Seasoned

• 97 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

Sneaky Srw adding tires to Daytona RC, I got the shock of my life when assuming nothing changed since the last time i played, coming up to the chicane on the back straight when suddenly i flew into the sky. Thanks for the tires :) Happy belated new year to you too :D

XD

Beer.

My YouTube: bit.ly/1HiF26a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users