Photo

Brake Bias (Balance) option unlocked in RTTW/SRO 44?

brake bias brake balance race to the weekend race-off rttw43 sro43

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we unlock the Brake Bias (Balance) option in Race to the Weekend (Sunday Race-Off)? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we unlock the Brake Bias (Balance) option in Race to the Weekend (Sunday Race-Off)?

1. Yes (24 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

2. No, not yet (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

After looking at the results of this poll: http://community.sim...-online-events/ achieved by just a few hours of running, I'd like to ask you guys if you want an unlocked Brake Bias (Balance) for the current 44th edition of Race to the Weekend already?

Think about it and make a vote  :)

I plan to start the event around 22:00CET (8:00PM BST or 1PM PST) and we'll see where the voting stands by then.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

I'd like to see open bias across the board, but especially for special events. Keep up the good work Coss, this is one step closer to the sim I'd like this to be. Hoping my ankle is better for this one.
SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#3 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

Yes for me, even if i like the idea to have all the same set up : as l' m really bad at set up it's a good start to make progress. Coss and srw team : thanks for all the fun i have each we

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#4 mbindels

mbindels

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

Depends on the car. If it is a road car ; no. If it is a race car(everything that is not road-legal); yes.

SQ=816

#5 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

I like the ideia :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#6 Danny Irving

Danny Irving

Seasoned

• Banned
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

Stop voting no goddamnit!!! :D We need this otherwise srw will be known as NKR (North Korea Raceway)

#Freedom

#Powertothepeople

#7 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 179 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

Scary combo for rttw. I love the car but i hate the track. Bloody S !!! :-P

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#8 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

I was hopping for a class that is 700-800 but it is 700-900 :/ It's going to be hard...

But we are going to have a lot of fun :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#9 bakosgabor57

bakosgabor57

Novice

• 19 posts
  • Facebook:bakosgabor57
  • LocationHungary

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

Why is the open-setup, called "open", when a lot of important options, that would influence the handling the car, are still locked? Why can't it be completely open?

#10 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Doesnt matter in RTTWs where there is high abs

Unlocking it is important in advanced hotlap events and such, where there is only low ABS

But yes as said above, i dont understand why the open setup RTTW is not completly open... the diff is all wrong etc

Also why cant u guys make the proper topics about discussion when the events are released. Every weekend there is a mess and you make the thread hours before the racing... its just copy paste with changes to some important info that you are depriving your players of. If they dont know what the racing will be like, they wont even bother. Again as simple as that - you miss a thing and you lose players. 

I really want to see how are the prizes distributed

- Launger

#11 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • Facebook:Massimo Mastrorocco
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

I was hopping for a class that is 700-800 but it is 700-900 :/ It's going to be hard...

But we are going to have a lot of fun :D

I'm agree with you supercar1 and how will be counted points for  these categories(700-800 and 800-900) in championship??

#12 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Doesnt matter in RTTWs where there is high abs

Unlocking it is important in advanced hotlap events and such, where there is only low ABS

But yes as said above, i dont understand why the open setup RTTW is not completly open... the diff is all wrong etc

Also why cant u guys make the proper topics about discussion when the events are released. Every weekend there is a mess and you make the thread hours before the racing... its just copy paste with changes to some important info that you are depriving your players of. If they dont know what the racing will be like, they wont even bother. Again as simple as that - you miss a thing and you lose players. 

I really want to see how are the prizes distributed

That's the problem - you are a gamer, so you don't look into the original car's factory specifications and expect every car to be the same. We follow them while producing, though. McLaren M1B had a mechanical differential and it's not adjustable.

About the threads, it's not that simple, because as you can see there's a whole format change, which will affect most of the details.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#13 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Basing on your votes above, which clearly show a domination of one option - all Race to the Weekend 44 events will have Brakes Bias (Balance) available for adjustments.

There was a problem with it, because McLaren M1B didnt have these unlocked in the physics files. It's something that came from the previous revision. We have just re-updated it and Brake Bias (Balance) along with Pressure options are both unlocked.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#14 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

About the threads, it's not that simple, because as you can see there's a whole format change, which will affect most of the details.

Well if there are format changes then its especially important to get the information to the players in the right time

- Launger

#15 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

is this actually happening ? :rolleyes:

last week sudden intro of open setup.... no thread or any info till sunday day of race

then strange dual open setup race with absolutely no info whatsoever about prizes or eligability

the omnishambles continues

well i am sure it will be posted by monday........

srw's famously high standards in action :lol:

this is part of why i didnt run srw from sro to saturday now ;)

and i had a happy week of good racing too!

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#16 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Jolly, do you see yourself ? You're looking like a huffy kid who just got his toy took away from him.
You don't have any suggestions to improve, nothing positive or constructive, just whining about this, whining about that.... no one cares ! :)
If this is all you can share with us, please don't do ! Everybody can communicate their complaints in a civilized way, but you.

With all respect, stay where you feel the best. And leave alone the rest. Please.
Thanks

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#17 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

If its so bad here why keep coming back? I don't get it. If a game p****d me off that much, I'd damn sure stop playing it. After all, whats the point if its not fun?

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#18 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

If its so bad here why keep coming back? I don't get it. If a game p****d me off that much, I'd damn sure stop playing it. After all, whats the point if its not fun?

Real money prizes

- Launger

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brake bias, brake balance, race to the weekend, race-off, rttw43, sro43

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users