Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 43

srwskillquant bmw m1 procar simraceway formula 3 lola formula 3 zandvoort rttw43 rttw43f3 sro43 sro43f3

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Results of all Race to the Weekend 43 events are published in the initial threads: 

Race to the Weekend 43 for Skillquant group between 500 and 700

Race to the Weekend 43 for Skillquant group between 700 and 800

Race to the Weekend 43 for Skillquant group between 800 and 900

Race to the Weekend 43 for Skillquant group between 900 and 1000

Race to the Weekend 43 for Skillquant group between 1000 and 1100

and the supporting event:

Race to the Weekend 43F3

As you can see, apart from the open setup for 1000-1100 group, there's also another change comparing to previous weeks - no points are being counted. This is following your requests. Please share your opinion about it in this thread.

Good luck to all that qualified to Sunday Race-Offs 43 and see you on the website chat at the right time!  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

Unfortunely I dont have the BMW, so I cant race :(

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#3 mbindels

mbindels

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Unfortunely I dont have the BMW, so I cant race :(

I know that feeling bro.

SQ=816

#4 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

open setup ?

it's simply a must. let me quote grandmaestro Allan McNish: "(You) Tell the car what to do, don't let the car tell you what to do"
sorry if it wasn't exactly looking like this :)

it was a big step forward with the skillquant system, but sunday experiments lead to a conclusion: open setup should be opened as another class. Let's don't say it's under or above other classes, it's just different.
As for myself, I would love to take part in such challenges. Ever since i'm here and racing, no car had perfect reactions to everything for me. They were mostly understeery, or the most common problem is the gearing cars have.

To have a fair challenge in open setup, we must have limits for setup possiblities and ranges ! It's not about searching for glitches in physics !
My only fear is that separation of open setup class will empty out the 1000+ totally.

overall,
-open setup ? YES
-separate class ? YES
-range and option limits ? YES

have a nice day !

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#5 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 147 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

No car, so no fun :P

#6 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

Yes i think open setup is very imporant, the default setups are aimed at 700sq keyboard players.

Unless SRW would want to do special  1000+SQ no-understeer setups, then its easier to leave it open.

The longer you leave it open, people will start learning how to set up and eventually things are much better.

And again, you can limit to what you leave open. Maybe some tyre pressure, toe and camber tweaks that require real

laps to improve and can sometimes work as big advantages in werid settings can be left out,

but some ARB, spring, brake bias and wing settings should always be open, just to allow adjusing the

balance of the car for the persons driving style are vital. Its part of real racing more than it can ever be in a sim with open setup aswell.

If you keep the setups closed, you just close the players off to the real world and thats not what you should be doing in a simulator.

- Launger

#7 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

Good fun at SRO today. Congrats to ingange, I couldn't catch you. Always had a couple of tenths on me in second sector. Happy to take second though.

I like that we didn't have RTTW points. No points are awarded for qualifying in real life so why should they be here. For me if I have the time I try to set the quickest lap on RTTW. If I don't I just qualify. The points were never really a motivation for me, I always tried to go faster just to see if I could beat top time. 

I think it's worth trying open set-up right the way down to my class 800-900, even if it's just for one weekend as a test. I know nothing about how to set a car up but it would be fun to learn  :D

#8 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

Id like too have open setup in my class too (700-800)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#9 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

Tire wear on would be a good start . Open setup not yet for me . I dont hawe enougt time to play with unles the defoult setup is allmost perfect . Tire wear on , brake bias open , ride hight and wings . This is most basic setup and this could be open for all . All other sttings are advanced and take too much time to setup right and test out .
Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#10 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

Tire wear on would be a good start . Open setup not yet for me . I dont hawe enougt time to play with unles the defoult setup is allmost perfect . Tire wear on , brake bias open , ride hight and wings . This is most basic setup and this could be open for all . All other sttings are advanced and take too much time to setup right and test out .

I also don't get much time for testing so maybe the 1000+ guys can give us an idea on how much changing was involved from the default set up and how much testing time they had to put in.

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#11 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Gratz to MrJones in the 900-1000 group, he dominated the weekend with a pole and race win by some distance. Great drive.

The Procar is not one of my favorites and was certainly a handful to drive but that made the challenge more exciting.

I felt like I was never 100% in control of the car and was always on the edge of loosing it at any moment which I did a couple of laps into the race, suffered damaged and had an uphill task after that.

#12 Mastrorocco

Mastrorocco

Seasoned

• 65 posts
  • Facebook:Massimo Mastrorocco
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Id like too have open setup in my class too (700-800)

i'd like too!!!!

#13 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

it seems the new class would be populated ! :)

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#14 Br3nor

Br3nor

Novice

• 13 posts
  • LocationDabas, Hungary

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Great weekend guys :)

In RTTW i have a lot of problem with this car, but i have one veryveryveryvery lucky lap and qualified to SRO with 8. position :)

After RTTW with full tank car i feel much better the car and in race i have only some minor mistake when some top pilot spinned out the track. :D
 First when i saw Daniel_C in mirror at second lap I did not know where i am :D but when next time Elitespeedway came up behind me have not even surprised. :)

I have awesome fight with Elite and Fraggel. Thank you guys for this, i really enjoyed but im sorry that Freggel spinned in front of me. I think i enough faster then him for overtaking in track and hold up Elite until the end of the race, but we will never know :(

I only one thing dont understand. in the final lap before last turn, when Lukesky hit the wall and his car much slower then we why would close my way? I overtaked and not done any serious trouble, but i dont understand why tried when him not had a chance.

Btw congratulations for Mr_Jones's victory and thanks again Elite and Freggel for great fight :)

And of course thank you Coss and SRW guys for this great SRO, and i hope i have enough money for next car :D

#15 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

You did great Br3nor and were very unlucky with that incident. I managed to close up to you both but didn't have enough to get past until your crash. I felt very lucky when 2 places were gifted to me like this :D

#16 shaun24

shaun24

Seasoned

• 67 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/jakub.kucharik.3?ref=tn_tnmn
  • LocationPrague, CZE

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

Here is a video of the start from my view. I love the overtake around the outside in T1.

I still don´t understand why Acer made a mistake like this, luckily I avoided him by centimetres..

#17 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

Next RTTW is up but the threads arent again... cmon sro please dont do this again.

Will the prizes be any different on the top SQ one and open setup one? Information please!

And why are so many settings closed in the open setup one? I would like to make the car sharper but the 50% power diff kills it hard

- Launger

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: srwskillquant, bmw m1 procar, simraceway formula 3, lola formula 3, zandvoort, rttw43, rttw43f3, sro43, sro43f3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users