90 replies to this topic

#1 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

Hi everyone,

We run our races every Wednesday. First heat race begins at 18:45 GMT.

Full details of championship are provided in the following link:
https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Everyone is welcome, so join this championship and help make it a great one!

There was some confusion last week about the start time of the race. Please use the following website to figure out what 18:45 GMT is in your time zone: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Full details of this week's race:
Date: Wednesday 19th December
Time: 18:45 GMT (19:45 CET, 11:45 PST)
Car: McLaren M26
Track: Zandvoort

Sessions:  18:45 GMT - 2 Heat Races
                   19:30 GMT - Main Race
                                        10 Minute Practice
                                        10 Minute Qualifying
                                        5 Minute Warm-Up
                                        40 Laps race
Car Setup: Fixed, Custom:

Open Brake Bias, Brake Pressure, Steering Lock
Race Setup: Tire Wear Off, Fuel Usage Off, Standing Start
Assists:  
TC (low, med), ABS (low, high), Stability Control (low), Auto Shift (gearbox), Auto Clutch

Notes:

• Please practice your pit-stops.
  • Please respect your opponents. A good overtake is a clean overtake

Final Championship Standings:

Attached File  Week12.PNG   13.83KB   0 downloads

Race Calendar:

• Brno - Mazda Furai - 31 laps
  • Paradise Bay (short) - Palatov D4 - 44 laps
  • Giza - Simraceway Off-Road Buggy - 17 laps
  • Silverstone GP - Formula Renault 3.5 - 31 laps
  • Martinsville - Ford Mustang Boss 302 (1969) - 125 Laps
  • Laguna Seca - Ariel Atom 500 V8 - 42 laps
  • Bristol - Simraceway Asphalt Modified - 200 laps
  • Longstone Pass - Mini John Cooper Works - 24 laps
  • Watkins Glen Long - Dodge Viper ACR-X - 32 Laps
  • Shinjuku - Simraceway FSAE B11 - 43 laps
  • Assen - Audi R8 LMS Ultra - 37 laps
  • Zandvoort - McLaren M26 - 40 laps

If anything needs to be clarified or something needs to be added please tell me.

​Coss will give us details on prizes in good time. I'm sure you won't be disappointed by them.

Big thanks to Coss for helping me make desicions and getting this up and running.

Attached Files

#2 KKND

KKND

Semi-Pro

• 105 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

awesome calender, great work

right pedal is for going faster, left pedal i am not sure what to do with it

#3 Shadowbounty

Shadowbounty

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

hi

#4 KKND

KKND

Semi-Pro

• 105 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

This really sucks, you are using a different car each week which we already have. It is called SRO. Another problem with this is that someone will want to run the championship, they'll run maybe the first 3 races then find out they have to miss a race because they don't have that car. They then lose valuable championship points.

Giza is an awful track choice because it is completely different to the other tracks, it should belong in a dirt championship or something when there are enough dirt tracks.

In my opinion this is nothing different to what we already have which is SRO.

I don`t really see how this series sucks, I think its a great idea. No need to qualify atm and having something with a bit of endurance has been missing from SRW for quite some time.

I also like the variety with different cars every week and there is no uber expensive car in the series. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion :)

Agree with you on Giza though :P

right pedal is for going faster, left pedal i am not sure what to do with it

#5 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

hi

hi

#6 Shadowbounty

Shadowbounty

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

bye

#7 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

The idea of long races is great !

Just 2 things .

1 -  Giza sucks !!!!

2 - Martinsville  this is a yoke ? Pocket size oval  (no fun to drive ).  We have some great ovals  : Phoenix , Kentucky , Chicagoland .

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#8 vaskezzz

vaskezzz

Novice

• 19 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

I have only one sugestion and thats about servers. Maybe its good to have server up earlier so people can practice before race. Why not put server up in Monday? Its every week another car so its good to have practice and adjust to new car. 

About championship, I think it can be interesting. Maybe Shadowbounty is right about similarity with SRO,some tracks etc but I think its better to have another day for race than not to have it. Probably there will be few other champs in near future that will suite some people more than this one,but until than this is good fun.

Cheers

P.S. Just saw about fuel,maybe you should mark where you want to use x2 or more. This is usually used if you want to force pit stop during race. One more reason to have servers up earlier for practicing pit stop. And what about setup? Open or closed?

#9 dahrec

dahrec

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • LocationAachen, Germany

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

in my opinion devilbevin did a great job here with this series.

i read a lot in the forum about series other driver wanted to start, bud nothing hapened.... :blink:

I'm not one of the top driver, and  i also got not all the cars, needed for the midweek races. so the championchip surely will not be mine. bud it's a great chance to learn a lot. race longer distance with differet cars on different tracks. that was the idea and i like it. and why not the buggy at gizah????? that's fun .......live is serious enough  :P

#10 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:55 AM

P.S. Just saw about fuel,maybe you should mark where you want to use x2 or more. This is usually used if you want to force pit stop during race. One more reason to have servers up earlier for practicing pit stop. And what about setup? Open or closed?

Setup is closed except for open brake bias and the usual stuff. For our first race fuel usage will be normal (x1). I'll get back to you on practice server  :)

#11 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

aloha !

i would suggest giza to be left out, and if you want to run 2 ovals it's better if one is on a longer track with a faster car, and one is on short with a less drivable option. also, very important to get those cars an oval setup. road setup on ovals won't be fun, and racers will more likely fight the track than each other...which means a boring race.
maybe Longstone could use a faster oldschool racecar too, like the mclaren m1b !

anyway i'll try to take part as often as i can.

have a nice day

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#12 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

I am looking forward to it . i'll try to take part as often as i can too . (if my wife lets me)

I love that calculation around pit stops  . It  is an another level of racing for me .

Why is tire wear off ?

#13 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

I am looking forward to it . i'll try to take part as often as i can too . (if my wife lets me)

I love that calculation around pit stops  . It  is an another level of racing for me .

Why is tire wear off ?

Glad to hear it ingange. Hope we have a few more battles  ;) .

Tyre is off because putting it on would mean a lot more practice to figure how much the tyres drop off each lap. Time which a lot of don't have in the middle of the week. Also, to the best of my knowledge, tire wear hasn't been used in any longer race in SRW. This would suggest it's not perfected and there's bugs in it. 

#14 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

It would make races soo much more exciting . If you have an aggressive drive stile you're tires go off much sooner and you have to make extra stop . So with calculated speed you could win . It is about experimenting , and it is the same for all of us . We should try it at-least once . Ask Coss. if it is posibile .

#15 wttnn1

wttnn1

Novice

• 13 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

This is great !

if possible It would be good start half hour later. 

...and 25 min quali for testing brake setting with full fuel

#16 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

Time to begin the 1st Season of Midweek Racing Championship! Race 1 server is ONLINE! All settings (including unlocked setup options) follow the description above.

As of right now, the first-come, first-served rule will be in place, but going forward - if we notice that a number of drivers willing to participate is much higher than the available slots, then there will be a pre-qualifier event held before each of these races. Other than that, there will be a Practice event starting every Monday. Make sure to be on top of the informations and everything will be fine.

Good luck!  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#17 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Very fun race to start off the championship. Congrats to koziolek, our first winner. Also two great performances from Daniel_C in 2nd and ingange in 3rd. 

Updated the top post with info on chamionship standings and other things. Remember next week we will be racing the Palatov D4 at Paradise Bay short. We will also have a practice server every week starting from Monday.

#18 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

It was great race . I missed the practice an quali by my own fault and was lucky to get in starting grid at all . Then started from last place .After turn 1 i was 10th . Because of full tank of fuel and por reaction time in lap3 or 3 i hit freggel for what im realy sory . I tried waiting on him to pass me but after 2 guys passed me i wen on . After lap 12 i made decision to short shift and save on fuel . I was doing 1.51 to 1.53 laps and ended the race with no pit stop fighting for my position in last 2 laps with no fuel and finishing 3rd .

Great event thx !

#19 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

Practice server for Palatov D4 at Pardise Bay opens tomorrow. Hope to see you all there and have fun!

With regards to tyre wear, it will be used at some race(s) in the future but definitely not the this week or next week. The wear is too minimal over the duration between pit stops.

#20 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

With regards to tyre wear, it will be used at some race(s) in the future but definitely not the this week or next week. The wear is too minimal over the duration between pit stops.

Then we should multiply it by 3 . :blink:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: racing series, championship, midweek, series

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users