Zandvoort2.jpg?1344374173

Zandvoort3.jpg?1344374198

track_zandvoort.png?1343417911

Opened: April 22, 2011
Turns: 13
Length: 2.689 mi
Real-world record: 1:26.959 - Earl Goddard
SRW virtual record: 1:16.261 - Scuderiafn

Nestling in a field of dunes on the Dutch North Sea coast, Circuit Zandvoort was opened in 1948. Built on communications roads laid by the occupying German forces during the Second World War, it became home to the Dutch Grand Prix between 1948 and 1985, with legendary drivers Jim Clark, Jackie Stewart, and Nikki Lauda sharing ten victories on the 2.642-mile, 19-turn circuit. The current, compact 2.7-mile configuration, which was completed in 1999 and renamed Circuit Park Zandvoort, plays host to the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters series as well as being the regular home of the Masters of Formula 3 race, which has been won by drivers including David Coulthard and Lewis Hamilton. The first of its 13 corners, a banked hairpin known as the "Tarzanbocht", has survived the track's many modifications to become its signature feature.

Please share your reviews, videos, pictures, or critiques about Zandvoort in the comment section. And be sure to check back regularly to read our very own Simraceway staff give you some insight into the creation of this racing venue. 

Ojan
Simraceway Community and Customer Service
San Francisco, California

#2 ComputerWhiz

ComputerWhiz

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:43 AM

A really fun track. Not really a fan of the shortened club layout, but the full layout is great.
Provides a fun combination of high speed sections and tight technical areas. Lots of great battles on this track.
Fun to race any car here. From Formula cars, to GT and even street cars. The only car that I don't recommend taking here is the stock or karts.
Overall, one of my favourite tracks on the game and one that I would love to see in Formula One.

Here is a hot lap video that I did a while ago here with the Audi:
https://youtu.be/92vb_-ff5ds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users