Photo

Open car setup in Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off for the top Skillquant group (between 1000 and 1100)?

skillquant open setup race to the weekend sunday race-off rttw sro

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

What do you guys think about an open car setup idea in Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off events for the top Skillquant group (between 1000 and 1100)?

I was wondering how to approach this topic and begun with a poll that consisted of many options, but after writing a large post decided that it wouldn't be the best way and we need to have a proper discussion about this.

Please make your vote and share thoughts!  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

Hey meastro !

I want to share the same thought like I wrote on the other thread: Expert difficulty level only has a point if it's not just about limiting the driving aids to zero. We race cars with factory built-in ABS, TC, LC, so for me if you want to elevate the challenge factor, A fully open setup is the way.
The other thing is, 1000+ is about just a few guys. I want it be allowed from 900, or let me race with the 1000+ sq group.
I don't wanna miss out ! :)

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#3 MrPiet

MrPiet

Seasoned

• 51 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

or let me race with the 1000+ sq group.

You can have my place in the 1000+ group and I'll take your's in the 900+. ;) :huh:

#4 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

You can have my place in the 1000+ group and I'll take your's in the 900+. ;) :huh:

Deal ! :P

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#5 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

What about tire wear ? Could we give it a try in all clases ? Only in race .
Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#6 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

im against open setups.... would needlessly split the field, and honestly i dont have the time to practice enough to sort out a setup. a good driver takes what he is given. this way ppl can be webber or alonso and cry about the setup beeing at fault. :D

i think open setups are more for upcoming official series... not sro's

cheers

#7 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Im all yes but if some people complain... just make some options avaliable, only wings and ARBs for example, brake bias and ride height only etc.

Such settings are so simple and straightforward that  you just cant say that it takes days to create, setting up a car is all about getting to to suit you not get it faster than designed (except some tyre pressure or radiator/engine map tricks which can be left out). Also using one car for more than 1 race in a row (like F3 was) is not a bad thing and would help open setup transformation for setup newbies even further.

In real life drivers who are not comfortable with quickly setting up their car dont get anywhere. ´´Good drivers take what they are given´´ is more something philosophical not realistic.

- Launger

#8 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/davide.farina.5
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

I'd be ok with open setups too. 3 days maybe is not enough to create the perfect setup, but then again who knows. We should try it and see how it goes i guess

“ If you're not a pro, just pretend you're one...like I do! "

#9 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

All right, so basing on your feedback - this week's Race to the Weekend 43 for Skillquant range between 1000 and 1100 will have an open setup. Everything else stays intact.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#10 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Cool development, thanks

- Launger

#11 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Ok ill take up the challenge :D no experience on that area, but gotta start at some time.

#12 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

What are the initial thoughts, after trying it out?

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#13 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

Im having just as much fun changing the car setup as i am driving the car

The effects are not that big on this car as its not really an aero car, but you can still change alot

Only one thing sucks that you cant stiffen the rear ARB but overall i have tuned it much more to myself, making it less understeery and less spongy at the same time. After putting that 1.44.0 in with my setup i tried default again and found it much unsuiting :) strangely 50:50 brake bias still gives me front brake locking but i can drive on low ABS now. anyway very enjoyable for me obviously, i cant lie and must say that i spent 2 hours in a row in the server to test setups but i enjoy every second of it.

- Launger

#14 bakosgabor57

bakosgabor57

Novice

• 19 posts
  • Facebook:bakosgabor57
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

I usually had problems with weak suspension, because of which the car handled like a boat, bobbing. I like harder suspension, whihc gives me better handling. Altogether, everybody can be happy with the new open setup, because it allows them to tweak their car to their taste. I'm certain this new open setup is good for everyone. It just takes some time getting used to.

#15 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

i like it too,but many dont have the time to a make decent setup,plus most have no idea how to it either.

I have been racing for many years here and have little know how when it comes to setting up a car,because its been fixed setups since i can remember.

im not bashing it at all,i just wish more people would post their thoughts on this idea rather than just a few.

Coss needs more info from us to make a choice on what we want in the rttw/sro,so guys post more when he asks a question plse.

Thks to the guys who gave their views already in this thread :)

#16 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

what  can u expect....

what to do fix teh broken skillquant farce or sweep it under the carpet ?

here we are in sweep it under the carpet mode...

now they will hope to hide that some low to mid 900 SQ are 1 sec a lap faster than 1000+ sq LOL

saves fixing it i guess

srw was selling cars based on equal competition now they made it u need a special setup that people that came here might not know how to do

and there is meant to be a rule saying no collusion well u can bet there will be swapping settings under the radar what a farce but its the simraceWAY

and LOL at the 'based on your feedback'

the feedback was split and only a couple of people even commented and then u rushed it in in the usual shambolic fashion lol

and one of those for doesnt even usually bother entering and hasnt so far either

still desperate days at srw guess leads to headless chickens running about, more unprofessionalism no surprise there

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#17 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

i like it too,but many dont have the time to a make decent setup,plus most have no idea how to it either.

I have been racing for many years here and have little know how when it comes to setting up a car,because its been fixed setups since i can remember.

im not bashing it at all,i just wish more people would post their thoughts on this idea rather than just a few.

Coss needs more info from us to make a choice on what we want in the rttw/sro,so guys post more when he asks a question plse.

Thks to the guys who gave their views already in this thread :)

Don't worry Ragster, it's just a test run. I keep monitoring the situation and gathering opinions. Race-Off itself will give a lot of feedback, so let's wait for it before giving any final judgments about the idea.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#18 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

what can u expect....

what to do fix teh broken skillquant farce or sweep it under the carpet ?

here we are in sweep it under the carpet mode...

now they will hope to hide that some low to mid 900 SQ are 1 sec a lap faster than 1000+ sq LOL
saves fixing it i guess

srw was selling cars based on equal competition now they made it u need a special setup that people that came here might not know how to do

and there is meant to be a rule saying no collusion well u can bet there will be swapping settings under the radar what a farce but its the simraceWAY

and LOL at the 'based on your feedback'
the feedback was split and only a couple of people even commented and then u rushed it in in the usual shambolic fashion lol
and one of those for doesnt even usually bother entering and hasnt so far either

still desperate days at srw guess leads to headless chickens running about, more unprofessionalism no surprise there

Mr.Jolly.... hahaha... you made my morning by writing such NON-SENSE....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skillquant, open setup, race to the weekend, sunday race-off, rttw, sro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users