Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 42

srwrttw42 srwsro42 srwrttw42evo srwsro42evo skillquant simraceway formula 3 mitsubishi evolution x brno sro42 sro42evo

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Deigima

Deigima

Pro

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  • Locationbyron bay, australia

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

im qualified 2nd in 500-700, pretty excited. time of 1:59.55 ( i think, cant remember my time exactly)

My youtube playlist for SimRaceway
I like boxy cars.
300fps @ indianapolis :D

#42 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 180 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

Well, looks like this time ...i will not make the cut. :(  My problem... should be under : controllers section, but... since it´s very much connected with this event. I will ask here...

Anyone of you, uses old black Momo racing? Mine is...oh...probably 10+ years old, but still feels great, FFB is perfect... all strings and pedals are still tight. So... i wouldn´t change it even for newer wheel. But...sudenly, i have problems with throttle. Everything should work normal, even if i test with logitech profiler, pressing throttle, shows nothing. I even tryed to adjust throttle with dx tweak, so...if i press on 90%, throttle should be on hundred. And tests shows no failure, neither some twitching or oscilating under 100% pressure... but yet...some lap i manage 228km/h on the end of main straight, but sometimes i barely (with 100% pressure) hit 220. It vary from lap to lap... and straight to straight... so, rarely i get full throttle complete lap, which sometimes shows bizzare results  like - clean lap slower half second than previous ragged one. Tough if i will be able to catch one clean 55 lap with this anomaly....so, sadly i will make a pass to this event :(  not quite sure will i go some gokarting or not either...

So...anyone experienced something simmilar? Is there any other solution than buy new wheel? Then again.... which wheel! I´m somehow still so much attached to momo, that i would buy one from e-bay... prizes are still quite OK (50+ bucks!), but dunno in what state they are. I wouldn´t go much beyond 100 euros for a wheel... so...sofisticated expensive wheels are out of my league (as well as cockpits etc.) ... also (sorry SRW) i would never have a wheel not attacched to table, because driving with that wheel more looks like some swimming or dancing with hands...

ah well.... i hope i can sort my wheel to work as it should... :huh:

Hi Dimagico

I got a logitech momo for a while , with lot's of problem ( the main one is the loss of centering, especially if I use FFB )

anyway, I 'got the throttle issue few weeks ago.

I discovered it on simraceway while chasing a ghost, because the yellow throttle bar was at 75% with my foot on maximum on the pedal !

so I dismounted the pedal rack : was just the cylinder sensor wich was out of is locating / mechanical offset

there are 7 screws to unscrew to do so. 4 of them are hidden by soft anti-drifting pad, you will have to re glue them

I hope you will fix it

If I'm not clear enough just tell me

regards

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#43 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

Pedronery, i saw some of your videos xDDD

Clark10, congrats for your great time on qualyfing :D

Good luck to all today :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#44 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 180 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Pedronery, i saw some of your videos xDDD

Clark10, congrats for your great time on qualyfing :D

Good luck to all today :)

Thank you, you too.

Qualif will be another story !

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#45 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Thank you, you too.

Qualif will be another story !

Let's see in one hour :P

Portugal

#46 pedronery

pedronery

Novice

• 31 posts
  • LocationAlbufeira

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

SRW_Cossacco

thanks for waiting for ALL drivers to be in grid

you just started the race suddenly and when i was joining i was right away booted

great impression i get from weekend races...

THANKS!

CASE: Coolmaster CM Storm STRYKER  |  MOBO: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77: INTEL Z68 Chipset  |  CPU: INTEL CORE i5 3570K (3.4GHZ)  |  RAM: 8GB GSKILL KIT 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600MHZ NQ, X.M.P  |  GRAPHICS CARDS: Crossfire 2 x 2GB AMD Radeon XFX HD 6970  |  HDD: SSD Samsung 2.5“ 840 series 250GB  |  PSU: Corsair HX 750  |  OS:Windows 7 ultimate 64bit  |  MONITORS: eyefinity  2 ASUS VW222U, 1 ASUS VW224 (5040 x 1050)  |  Game Controller: Logitech G27... Buttkicker gamer2. + TrackIR5..+ Saitek Cyborg R.A.T 3

#47 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

SRW_Cossacco

you just started the race suddenly and when i was joining i was right away booted

THANKS!

What was your place?

Portugal

#48 pedronery

pedronery

Novice

• 31 posts
  • LocationAlbufeira

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

What was your place?

i didnt race as they didnt wait for all drivers to join race

CASE: Coolmaster CM Storm STRYKER  |  MOBO: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77: INTEL Z68 Chipset  |  CPU: INTEL CORE i5 3570K (3.4GHZ)  |  RAM: 8GB GSKILL KIT 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600MHZ NQ, X.M.P  |  GRAPHICS CARDS: Crossfire 2 x 2GB AMD Radeon XFX HD 6970  |  HDD: SSD Samsung 2.5“ 840 series 250GB  |  PSU: Corsair HX 750  |  OS:Windows 7 ultimate 64bit  |  MONITORS: eyefinity  2 ASUS VW222U, 1 ASUS VW224 (5040 x 1050)  |  Game Controller: Logitech G27... Buttkicker gamer2. + TrackIR5..+ Saitek Cyborg R.A.T 3

#49 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

Had a great SRO. Fought with ingange for the lead for a few laps but unfortunately I spun. I still managed to to get my first podium in 800-900 thanks to a spin by dude74. Thanks to Coss and SRW for the race-off and the stream on youtube is great. You can watch your race right after it happens  :D

#50 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Also can we have the practice SRO in quick race right from the start of RTTW like it was this week? It really helped with my consistency in race.

#51 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

i didnt race as they didnt wait for all drivers to join race

So you were being ironic?

Portugal

#52 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 656 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

SRW_Cossacco

THANKS!

If you had turned up on time there would have been no wait, and besides we DID wait. the warmup was restarted at least twice!

Kindly turn up on time before you complain. Thanks. And besides, you would have been booted prob for chatting during session anyway

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#53 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 656 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

Well, slow off the line I managed to get back up to 3rd into t1. Then Zepequenoo nudged me in t2 and i lost a few places there. Once the order settled I seemed to be pulling off a textbook comeback drive, picked off several peeps, narrowly avoided being wiped out in someone elses crash and before long was catching the leader. (a little) Coming onto the straight for the penultimate time i lost the back end, luckily saved it from a major wreck. Damn. 2 nd place binned. Oh well...next time. :)

#54 firefall

firefall

Novice

• 16 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

I don't know but this leaderboard https://www.simracew.../5322?locale=en shows Nemti finished first but I haven't seen him at all in the race :unsure:

Also I have finished before bosshog and finished in 3rd but it's showing 5th. Something is wrong here.

#55 pedronery

pedronery

Novice

• 31 posts
  • LocationAlbufeira

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

this was my first race 

its normal i did 1 mistake! IM SORRY!

Dude 75, first of all, who is complaining? I am not here to complain, i am just giving out facts! Why don't you check the timestamps on the messages? I was late for practice and qualify but for the race i wasn't late!

If i want to complain, i have my country to complain about... please don't make posts just to say nothing.

When i log in to SRW, i want to have fun with all members and not complain about anything. 

If i remember correctly, and unfortunately for you, i made a post directed to Cossacco.

If you think im just making stuff up, go ahead and say whatever you like.

It's just sad that i couldn't race when i was present at the moment of the race. You can't say anything about that because i was there.

In other racing games, im sure that race wouldn't start if 1 driver was missing in the grid. But again, maybe Cossacco didn't count the drivers before starting the race. I wait for his reply.

Thanks

#56 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

It was a great SRO ! My 1st win :D

Qualifying went better than y expected got 2 cond . Start was awesome an then the battle with devilbevin great stuff an some god over takings .After his mistake i had to do 4 more laps an had advantage over rest of field 6 secs . Did not to make any mistake so i went little cautious and it payed off. 

I'm so happy .

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#57 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

this was my first race 

Dude 75, first of all, who is complaining? I am not here to complain, i am just giving out facts! Why don't you check the timestamps on the messages? I was late for practice and qualify but for the race i wasn't late!

If i want to complain, i have my country to complain about... please don't make posts just to say nothing.

When i log in to SRW, i want to have fun with all members and not complain about anything. 

If i remember correctly, and unfortunately for you, i made a post directed to Cossacco.

It's just sad that i couldn't race when i was present at the moment of the race. You can't say anything about that because i was there.

In other racing games, im sure that race wouldn't start if 1 driver was missing in the grid. But again, maybe Cossacco didn't count the drivers before starting the race. I wait for his reply.

Thanks

pedronery, nice to meet you.

What happens was this:

1. You showed up on the website chat very late for your Race-Off. Precisely that was about 1 or 2 minutes before the end of official Qualifying session. Adding 5 minutes of Practice and 8 minutes of Qualifying (in progress), that means you showed up 13 minutes too late.

2. I let you know that you are very late, but said don't worry and join regardless, and gave you the link to join. Maybe I should have just stopped you there, because I had all the right to do so, but I'm tolerant  :)

3. Informed the drivers in the server that you might be coming and we will wait, then the Warmup was extended (restarted)

I don't know what happend to you later and why didnt you join the grid in the end when time has come (did you miss the countdown?), but you didn't and you also started chatting while everyone else was already racing, which is a pretty bad thing to do. 

All I can think of is that it was your first race and you were not aware about the procedures. Don't worry about it, start thinking about next week and do everything better  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#58 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

I don't know but this leaderboard https://www.simracew.../5322?locale=en shows Nemti finished first but I haven't seen him at all in the race :unsure:

Also I have finished before bosshog and finished in 3rd but it's showing 5th. Something is wrong here.

Don't worry at all, results on the leaderboard are NOT final.

I'm leaving the server online for a while after the race to make sure that the system pulls results and replay properly. Some of you use that occasion, join the event after the actual race has ended and post a time. This is not necessarily an intentional bad behavior - most of these examples are people who just didn't understand the format, they came across the event and gave a shot, what was probably the case with Nemti.

Part of the review process is a verification of my own post race notes, leaderboard and the replay. Everything has to match there. Nemti is on the leaderboard, but he is not on the replay from the actual race, so he will naturally be excluded from the final results. These are posted in a related Race-Off thread after reviews are completed. Scroll to the bottom of this post to see how final results look like: http://community.sim...-36-skillquant/

There is also another case of bosshog, who has joined the event after the actual race and improved his time (despite being booted by me a couple times). I should DQ him for doing that, but I'll assume that he just didn't understand the format.

All of this can happen, but it's a very rare scenario.

Provisional results of Sunday Race-Off 42 for Skillquant group between 500 and 700 are: 

1. Deigima

2. bradlee939

3. firefall

4. james38

5. bosshog

6. FiveO

7. silviukimi

8. toyro

Hope that clarifies the situation  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#59 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 656 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

this was my first race 

Thanks

At what point do i say you are making anything up?

RTFM my friend, and chill it was not a personal attack.

#60 Deigima

Deigima

Pro

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  • Locationbyron bay, australia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

i was going to mention this, but i didnt both knowing the livestream shows me coming first

My youtube playlist for SimRaceway
I like boxy cars.
300fps @ indianapolis :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: srwrttw42, srwsro42, srwrttw42evo, srwsro42evo, skillquant, simraceway formula 3, mitsubishi evolution x, brno, sro42, sro42evo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users