ParadiseBay2.jpg?1344373731

ParadiseBayKart3.jpg?1344373748

track_paradise_long.png?1343417753

Opened: October 7, 2011
Turns: 17
Length: 2.707 mi
Real-world record: NA
SRW virtual record: 1:50.913- Peppinho

The track's creation was sanctioned by a motorsport-mad Chief Minister in 2007 as the centerpiece of a territory-wide drive to increase tourism in the area. It is currently used during one weekend every January to host the Northern Territory Festival of Speed. Boasting several configurations and its own karting track, the coconut palm-lined complex takes six weeks to construct and three more to dismantle. However all that effort has paid dividends with local tourism booming since the inaugural outing of a course which is already rivaling Australia's more established street circuits such as Adelaide and Melbourne, the latter of which it hopes to replace as the Australian Grand Prix venue.

Please share your reviews, videos, pictures, or critiques about Paradise Bay in the comment section. And be sure to check back regularly to read our very own Simraceway staff give you some insight into the creation of this racing venue. 

Ojan
Simraceway Community and Customer Service
San Francisco, California

#2 tigre73

tigre73

Semi-Pro

• 202 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

This is really an interesting track. What a pity the 2nd sector with corner with walls too close and exit to low speed, I noticed some guy is faster than me here damn <_<  , and last time I used waqs TDT last year with Stratos, could be more on hotlaps

#3 Swir80PL

Swir80PL

Novice

• 42 posts
  • Twitter:swir80pl
  • LocationDublin

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:21 AM

Description suggests that it's not fantasy track, but when i tried to find any information about " Northern Territory Festival of Speed" I failed. So what is it?

#4 Stiggy

Stiggy

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:34 AM

Description suggests that it's not fantasy track, but when i tried to find any information about " Northern Territory Festival of Speed" I failed. So what is it?

It's definitely a fantasy track as the only paved race track in the Northern Territory is Hidden Valley Raceway, the description of it is just made up. 

"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen in Le Mans

Racing and hotlapping for 4 years in Simraceway

#5 tigre73

tigre73

Semi-Pro

• 202 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

Yep, I serch for this track but don't find anything, I think it's retaken by other sikmulators, as Troyton raceway; indeed corner with walls is ugly for a real track

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users