Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 41

srwrttw41 srwsro41 srwrttw41evo srwsro41evo skillquant formula 3 simraceway formula 3 sro40 sro40evo zandvoort

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 mbindels

mbindels

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

But finishing good at school is more important then getting credits or high SQ .

I just started my engineering study. No more top times for me.

SQ=816

#22 fourbangr75

fourbangr75

Contributor

• 6 posts
  • Facebook:j evan fuller
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Great combo this week Coss!!

#23 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

800-900 for now . If you want you can find time. I go to work 6 days a week have a wife and a child (who just started school ) . I have hobbies and do sport too . But i love SRW so much i find time for that too .

But finishing good at school is more important then getting credits or high SQ .

I think I can find some time to play, because i love SRW.

I just hope my parents let me play :D

Good luck to all in today races :D :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#24 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Practice events are available in Quick Race right now and will be in regular events in about 20 minutes from the moment of posting this. 

Get prepared and good luck in the races  B)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#25 kingdaeho

kingdaeho

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Anyway, i dont know if I can be in your class soon, because school is almost starting, and when it starts, I will have short time to race, and I will be more stressed because of exams and s**t like that...

Yeah, I've got the same thing, I go back in 2 days. (ughh!!) I'll try to still do SRO's, other events I'll have to see about.

#26 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Well, it was a good race. 

At the beggining i was thinking that i couldnt win, but then rugbyman does a bit of off-road, and i overtake him in the straight

Rugbyman was putting a lot of pressure in me!

I just dont know why, is how a kid with 714 can win to 13 guys o.O 

Well, for me it's a great start for the season 5, and I hope that I can have a lot of fun in this season :)

Portugal

#27 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Although I've nearly lost control of the F3 twice in the SRO 900-1000, I managed to get the 5th place. In my point of view the race was very nice, as this time I haven't got hit (nor have I hit anyone) during the first laps, so I really liked it. After that I could not get the front field and could not get caught by the the opponents behind me, as there was a 10 seconds difference between me and both "groups", so the race was as clean as it got, from my standpoint :D

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#28 fourbangr75

fourbangr75

Contributor

• 6 posts
  • Facebook:j evan fuller
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

If I only had 2-3 more laps rtmetz92...... I think it went very well in 900-1000 except for unfortunate incident at the rear of the field that flared some tempers (no names mentioned). I started 8th and by taking it a little to easy in heavy traffic found myself back to 12th in a hurry so with a little more pressure, a great battle from dimagico and a few nice passes by the second last lap I made it up to 7th. Unfortunately Gargoware had a spin on the last lap allowing me to move up to 6th. As my first appearance in the 900-1000 class I was a little scared but ended up pleased to race with such a nice clean bunch. A very competitive but cautious race is what we had for the most part and it is an honor to race with the expert class. Looking forward to next SRO see ya in QR!!!

SRW and Coss keep up the good work!!!!!

#29 Ludovic Gayon

Ludovic Gayon

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • Facebook:arckeo72
  • LocationFrance

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

This first SRO of season 5 was so close !!! Very good battle with B13A6 and ragster. See you soon on the road !!!

Arckeo 72

#30 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

Ah really ashamed to have another spin from podium place, i seem to have them every single race...

When i did the 1.31.8 in race to the weekend i had just waken up from a 10 hour sleep and was totally aware of the car, felt really good

In the raceoff however i had a very long day and felt like sleeping hours before the race lol, should have taken a nap.

Anyway quali wasnt too bad, got beaten by acer and pumaaa on fire fair and square, got into the race well, first had to fend off shaun (no mirrors meant i was CONSTANTLY having to look back, this really should be fixed and is very easy to do) settled into 3rd and started giving pressure to jmoo but spun in 3rd corner no warning and off i was. then i had some driving and then i spun again against the wall with damage, then had some battles with stuntman who again spun and then finished somewhere behind.

Cant blame the (new and good) F3, but i still belive the general direction of setups should be to have a little less suspension oversteer and slightly less aero understeer.

Well done to winners and finishers

- Launger

#31 mbindels

mbindels

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

There is a special sort of hell for people who brake where you don't have to brake.

SQ=816

#32 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Another enjoyable SRO thanks to Coss.

I felt extremely lucky to get pole this week as my driving was so bad in quali. I was making so many mistakes along with some traffic to get through and also spun on a good lap. DanielC pushed me so hard in quali I thought he deserved pole but thankfully the 1 hot lap I actually managed to complete without many mistakes was enough.

The start of the race went well, managed a good get away with DanielC & MrJones keeping me honest for the first half of the race. Good job guys.

All in all it was another great weekend, I love Zandvoort and am beginning to like the new F3.

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#33 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts
  • LocationBraga, Portugal

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

This was a fantastic SRO!

I was so lucky to get 2nd place in qualy and even more lucky for a perfect start that put me in the front of the race until the end! When i got 1st place just did laps 1 second slower that i really could do, but this way, without any mistake all the race!

(just got a heart attack because sometimes in the leaderboard i was last!)

Well, great combo, the car is great now, aaaaaand i just want an F3 championship :3

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

#34 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

well, short recap from my cockpit then. Knowing the fact that i cannot compete with elitespeedway,DanielC and MrJones, i choosed same tactics as in last race. I wanted to start at the back. First two rows are best for avoiding problems, but from 5th to 13th... always some silly moves in T1. So...patiently waited through first few corners...and picked them one by one....10th...9th...8th...7th...then i was behind vaskezz...and was just preparing to draft him down the main straight, but he spun in last corner. I had time to react...could go off road, but missjudged, thinking he will start to blink and i will go by...but vaskezz stepped on throttle turned arround and contact was there. From then on, my dallara steered left, and i had to leave fourbangr to pass me. Basicly i was driving 7 or 8 laps with damage, and 7th was the best i could hope, if i stay out of trouble and see someone in the sand infront. Without damage.... 5th was my target, but OK... will settle with damage limitation points. Congrats to elitespeedway. Looks like this season MrJones will not have such easy job to defend title! ;)

#35 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

You did well to finish where you did then dimagico considering you had damage it must have been a nightmare to drive. Good work

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#36 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

Summarizing it was a very fun race in my class, with a lot of pressure and with a good competition evironment.

Btw, i want to dedicate this race to my grandfather, because he stills being on the hospital and his situation sometimes goes better, but sometimes goes worst... :(

Well, see you in the next SRO :)

Portugal

#37 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Fortunately I never got to experience any of my relatives to be in the hospital, so I wish it all turns out to be ok as soon as possible.

By the way, congratulations for the first place :)

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#38 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

Thank you guys, elite, Jones, Coss and the SRW team ! Best race-off for me so far :) F3 / Zandvoort was a really good idea, and I hope we will see them both again soon !
If someone says to me before the weekend that I'll cross the line with the silver medal, I would accept it without question. Thankfully I managed to learn how F3 is driven around Zandvoort, cruising a couple of hours on the track every day. The time and efforts I put in, pushed my lap time up to 2nd place. Though I felt disappointed with my best time, leaving at least 3 tenths missing, it was clear that elitespeedway has even more in his. My only honest goal was to keep MrJones, sushijohan, azbest all behind. They did a very nice job, breaking the 1:33 barrier.
The race itself was pretty good, I gained a lot of confidence knowing that practice time was well spent. On such an oldschool-style track and with open wheelers, there is a chance even if you drop back, you can make up places from behind: The smallest mistakes can cause you major setbacks, and if you have a tail when you get out of the last corner, you can get easily overtaken cause of the strong slipstream effect.

Qualifying could end up with me in the pole, I got a very little slipstream from someone on my best lap after the final corner, but not enough to make up that 4 hundreths needed to take it. Even with strong backwind and finishing in P1, I wouldn't be able to keep elite's race pace anyway. In the start, well.... I'm not counted as a good starter :) elite rocket-jumped from the pole, and he was already in a comfortable distance taking T1. I barely held off guys in the back, but the inside line on Zandvoort is a perfect spot for defence. Three of us managed to escape from the pack, with the lead of elitespeedway we started to build gaps between each other. elite on me, me on MrJones, MrJones on the others. With a few small mistakes done and the leader getting away (lap5, lap6, in the end of S2 where I was supposed to be the fastest and could gain back a little from that 2-3-4 tenths elite was faster per lap) I started to mind my own business.
I had a comfortable gap to Jones, just like the front runner had to me. Thankfully somehow I kept Jones out of my slipstream, so we finished in this order, which is the best overall for me in 900+ so far. I'm satisfied with the results, and I'll continue my adventure into openwheeler world if I have the chance.
Thanks again for everyone who participated, I hope everyone enjoyed the race ! +1 to the F3 championship :) This is a really nice car to learn the basics of driving a monocoque racing beast.
And of course, congrats to our winner again ! Anyone who's about to catch you in Season 5, will have a tough job to get done :)

Have a nice week, see you next sunday !

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#39 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

Fortunately I never got to experience any of my relatives to be in the hospital, so I wish it all turns out to be ok as soon as possible.

By the way, congratulations for the first place :)

Thank you :) I hope that he can be ok soon, but if I think in the "realistic" side, he can go better or he can go to a better place :(

But honestly I dont want to talk too much about that...

btw, thanks

Portugal

#40 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

Strong starts for supercar1 and elitespeedway scoring maximum points this weekend (60). Good quality racing for the most part.

Ok, here are some results for you guys, and the start of Season 5 of the championship:

post-33-0-03805500-1378731231.jpg

post-33-0-47652500-1378735426.jpg

post-33-0-28452400-1378735428.jpg

post-33-0-16861900-1378735431.jpg

post-33-0-19693800-1378735434.jpg

post-33-0-10129800-1378735436.jpg

See the tables in full here

Attached Files

Edited by RickSpeed, 09 September 2013 - 02:05 PM.

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: srwrttw41, srwsro41, srwrttw41evo, srwsro41evo, skillquant, formula 3, simraceway formula 3, sro40, sro40evo, zandvoort

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users