60 replies to this topic

#21 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Nice time on the event elite, what was the best lap you managed?

- Launger

#22 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

Thanks. Best was 51.8 which is my Personal best around troyton, only done under 52 secs once before but managed 3 i think in this race.

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#23 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

my best was 52.4 i think.... most laps 52 high - low 53, but i did mess last two laps... with high 53s or even 54...cannot remember. But... such a difference in time <_<   congrats Elite - kart master! :rolleyes:

#24 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

simraceway kart master* :D

- Launger

#25 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

Thanks guys, keep pushing and will be good to race you if the live races happen.

#26 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Week 2 event is LIVE

Good luck to all participants  B) 

More details about the live race should be posted around Thursday, so please keep your eyes on this thread.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#27 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

hmm, i know it´s late to change structure, but what if next season (october)...you make one final race where top 14 (18?) can qualify through points system, but at least we would have one crowded race :)

#28 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Before we have any live races, please model drivers on to the karts, its weird to drive against chassis only lol

Anyway the car doest not seem to understeer that much anymore in the next track (some setup changes?) (not that it is still not fundementally wrong handling)

Track is very unforgiving though, lets see what happens :)

- Launger

#29 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Well done guys on another week of karting. Here are the overall standings after 2 weeks:

(PLEASE NOTE THAT THE RESULTS FOR WEEK 2 HAVE NOW BEEN DISQUALIFIED  DUE TO THE ISSUES WE HAD ON FRIDAY) 

Please see SRW_Cossacco's post below for more information

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#30 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

hmm, good thing is that only 3 out of 4 counts. Still not fair for some guys who couldn´t run before weekend. As far as live event concerns... not sure even if SRW start working, that i will compete today... depends if i´m back till then.

#31 Br3nor

Br3nor

Novice

• 13 posts
  • LocationDabas, Hungary

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

"Lets see what tonight's Live racing brings! Good luck all :D"

If will be live race today.....if will be events today :D

#32 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yea with the recent problems, we are unsure as to whether we can run the event tonight as well. Hold tight until further news folks, sorry.

SRW Leagues

#33 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

September's Kart Championship has taken a serious blow due to the SSL certificate issues. Firstly a key, last day was practically excluded from Week 2, what made it impossible for many drivers to post a final time there. Next - we couldn't host the live race on Saturday, which is a key part of the whole Championship, because of the amount of points that can be won in it.

W have a safety margin to play with, because 1 whole Week of the Championship doesn't count towards final results and I'll make a good use of it.

Basing on the above, Week 2 will be excluded from the September's Kart Championship and live race that was meant to happen on Saturday - postponed to next week, so there will be a live race on two Saturday's in a row.

Apologies for the inconvenience!  :mellow:

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#34 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

That sounds fair Coss. I'll DQ all week 2 results.

SRW Leagues

#35 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

fair ?

loooooooooooooooool srw_clownacco hasn't even heard of the concept

seriously...

like 6 days its open and bcos on last day srw's uncaring incompetence takes the site down then the efforts of everyone who tried and WASTED their time on it all their work is thrown away like garbage

shows exactly what srw thinks of its users

obviously the correct way was to extend the event.....

especially since they dont even have this weeks up yet

so it should run till its date + 7 days

and since we at it putting live races is a disaster since i have zero confidence in the ability of srw_clownacco to do anything correctly or fairly

having him with his 'helpful' (to some) selective restarts and bizzare wheel to wheel judgements.....

even if a competent and respectable steward took over its still overpowering the open events with people able to attend that exact time

make it live or non live not a hybrid

and given the steward non live

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#36 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

fair ?

loooooooooooooooool srw_clownacco hasn't even heard of the concept

seriously...

like 6 days its open and bcos on last day srw's uncaring incompetence takes the site down then the efforts of everyone who tried and WASTED their time on it all their work is thrown away like garbage

shows exactly what srw thinks of its users

obviously the correct way was to extend the event.....

especially since they dont even have this weeks up yet

so it should run till its date + 7 days

and since we at it putting live races is a disaster since i have zero confidence in the ability of srw_clownacco to do anything correctly or fairly

having him with his 'helpful' (to some) selective restarts and bizzare wheel to wheel judgements.....

even if a competent and respectable steward took over its still overpowering the open events with people able to attend that exact time

make it live or non live not a hybrid

and given the steward non live

Hello Jolly and welcome back. 

Yes I agree - extension of Week 2 was the obvious choice and would work perfect, but I'll give you a really good reason why I didn't go that route. I technically can't. What I could do in the past, in the first part of the year for example, is not possible anymore with the current scheduling system that I operate on. Basically, once an event is scheduled - it's done and I have no control over these dates. As you know I've been using the extensions last year in a couple occasions, when we used to run into issues and we had plenty of difficult moments. 

Rest of the reasoning is in the posts above.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#37 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

Before announcing Week 3's event, a note with explanation is needed here, because it will be a bit off the initial schedule prepared by Rick.

Due to everything that happend over the weekend and what has lasted untill Tuesday morning, the start of it is very delayed - precisely that's about 2 whole days of delay. That is a lot and therefore I will expand it's initial timeframe by everything that the safety margin allows - extra 22 hours. Following that, it will not end on Friday at 12PM PST, but on Saturday at 10AM PST. That means we should have final results on the leaderboard around 11:15AM PST on Saturday, which will be about 1 hour prior to the first heat race. Hopefully that move allows to straighten everything and put it back on rails here.

Meanwhile, Week 3 event is now LIVE:

ql9z.jpg

Good luck guys and apologies for the inconvenience! 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#38 Br3nor

Br3nor

Novice

• 13 posts
  • LocationDabas, Hungary

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:21 AM

Unfortunately, I have to go for a wedding on Saturday, so I have to leave out the Live Event.

In addition, now I'm going to completely transform my minecraft mod server which makes it even less of my time there to compete. I prefer to turn RTTW and SRO events, so i can not continue this championship. In October, i have will be more time so if will be October Kart Champ i will come again.
Good luck to everyone. Have fun ;)

#39 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

Coss, when will I know what time I need to be on for my heat race?

#40 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Coss, when will I know what time I need to be on for my heat race?

Thanks for asking!

The first out of five Heat Races for September's Karting Championship will begin at 12:12PM PST, which is exactly 15 minutes after the end of Race to the Weekend 42 and they will be hosted one after another. Each Heat Race will have a 1/2 duration of the Weekly race, so in this case we are looking at 11 laps at Troyton Kart. Top 3 from each of the 5 Heat Races will move on to the Live Race, which will be hosted right after the end of Heat Races. That one will have a full duration of a Weekly event, so 22 laps. Points for the Championship will be scored in the Live Race. 

An important thing to note is that if you don't qualify to the Live Race, you are allowed to join the next Heat Race and try again. This rule might change over time, depending on the number of participants. 

There are total of 6 races planned (5 Heat + 1 Live), but if the number of attendants is lower than expected, the number of Heat Races might be lowered.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: karting, championship, league, event, challenge, live races

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users