#1 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hi,

In practice mode, from some of the tracks I tried, only in Longstone I was able to do a rolling start with tha safety car. This means there is a bug for the safety car in nearly every track, because it stays parked in the pits.

For the quick race mode, there is no need for the safety car at all, but when we start having racing series in simraceway, it would be way more realistic to have a safety car for rolling starts (when needed) and when the caution flag is on (just like in iracing, as you can see in many videos on youtube).

What is your opinion on this subject?

Cheers :)

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#2 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

My opinion is that they can fix that :P

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#3 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

True. I have tested again a race at Longstone Pass with a bunch of Agera R and the rolling start is working (as mentioned previously) and the safety car also makes its way to the track when the caution flag is out. I managed to get a full course yellow at that practice race, because the AI can't control the Agera R very well, specially in that track. This way I managed to see if the Safety car functioned in the situation when we have a yellow flag, until the track is cleared (in this case, I the safety car pitted in after two consecutive laps on the track).

So, if the code for the safety car is working well, perhaps it is just a little glitch on the other tracks which result in the pace car being stuck in the pits.

If developers fix this soon, we might have more interesting races in Simraceway, special the long ones, when players left behind can regroup and then we can experience more close action, just like in reality, like the Gopro Grand Prix at Sonoma :)

#4 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

I think I discovered one workaround for when the rolling method is chosen as the type of start.

So, I'll describe what I happened.

The AI cars started moving slowly and with the hope the safety car went out of the pits or started moving from the start line (the initial position of the pace car depends on the track), but it was stuck, so the race wouldn't start and the AI opponent would go like 16km/h forever.

Then I hit the request pit key and what happened is that me and the AI opponent jumped to before the starting line already at a certain speed, then the game passed the control of my vehicle to me and after that, when I was near the starting line, the green lights went on and I managed to do an actual race. (in short, when I hit the request pit button, what happened was a fast rolling start)

After that, I did another test. I set up a race in practice mode with 5 minute warmup. At the warmup phase, the AI car wouldn't move. But then I tried the following:

After the pit's traffic light is green during the warmup, I returned to the race monitor. Then I hit the race now button and immediately after that, the request pit button, and the AI car (opponent, not the pace car) started moving, did a couple of laps before stopping at the pits for some moment, and off he went to the track again.

So, what I can conclude from this is that the problem I described in the main post is not entirely due to the AI implementation, but also due to some code the developers forgot to delete when they we're implementing and debugging something about the AI implementation, or something like that, which make the executable wait for some user input instead of doing it automatically.

I hope this helps to solve the problem :)

#5 Wildseven

Wildseven

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

Pace car is useless until there will be real damage and a lot of pieces into the track.

I useles to call the pace car for a spin or a simple contact.

#6 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

The pace car now works at Daytona, which was also updated yesterday. It would be nice if you guys applied the fix to all the other tracks, which could turn races in something way more interesting and then we would have a good solution to the standing starts which don't always go well :)

EDIT:

I have tested on two other track where before the pace car didn't work in the rolling start, as described in the post above, and now it is working. Can anyone of the staff confirm that by adding updating the Daytona track in order to support the fast rolling start, the pace car started working in all the other tracks as well?

EDIT2:

From the track I have tested, only at Homestead Miami the pace car does not come out because there is a light pole blocking the safety car, and preventing it from going into the track when needed (at least I think that is the problem). The easiest way to solve that would be top reposition the safety car on the track.

Cheers :)

#7 fastdude77

fastdude77

Novice

• 36 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

its also a problem how when its a full course yellow, you follow the safety car around exactly and get done for overtaking under yellow!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safety car, pace car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users