#1 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hi,

I have seen here in the forum some great proposals regarding race series - indy and endurance.

In this topic I would like to present another idea of a race series for everyone to analyse and suggest improvements before the SRW staff decides to approve or reject it.

Formula 1 Championship

Schedule

• Practice Sessions (open to everyone)
    • from Thursday 12:00 GMT to Friday 19:00 GMT
  • Qualifying sessions (2 heat races open to everyone)  - live marshalled
    • Friday from 20:30 GMT to 21:10 GMT:
    • 5 minutes practice, 10 minutes qualifying, 1 minute warmup and 20 minutes race – each qualifying session
  • Main Race (invitation only) – live marshalled
    • Saturday from 17:00 GMT
    • 5 minutes practice, 10 minutes qualifying, 1 minute warmup before the actual race

How to participate in the main race

• Qualifying Session 1: Top 7 has access to the main race
  • Qualifying Session 2: Top 7 has access to the main race

Points system

• 1st : 25 points
  • 2nd : 18 points
  • 3rd : 15 points
  • 4th : 12 points
  • 5th : 10 points
  • 6th : 8 points
  • 7th : 6 points
  • 8th : 4 points
  • 9th : 2 points
  • 10th : 1 point
  • 11th to 14th: 0 points

Prizes

(not available/specified at the moment)

Calendar

• Week W: Indianapolis Road Course - 50 laps
  • Week W+1: Brno – 40 laps
  • Week W+2: Watkins Glen Long - 45 laps
  • Week W+3: Zandvoort - 50 laps
  • Week W+4: Assen - 45 laps
  • Week W+5: Donington Park GP - 50 laps
  • Week W+6: Silverstone GP - 40 laps
  • Week W+7: Circuit of the Americas - 40 laps

Available cars

• Option A (default)
    • Mclaren MP4-25
    • Mclaren MP4-26
    • Mclaren MP4-27
    • Mclaren MP4-28
    • Mercedes SLS AMG (Safety car operated just by the marshalls)
  • Option B
    • McLaren MP4-28
    • AI Safety car and/or manually operated Safety car (should be the Mercedes SLS AMG exclusively for this event)

Option A will be used during the whole championship if no memory problems occur. Way before the championship starts (if it starts) test events will be set up and the collaboration of as many users as possible will be requested. The idea is to have full grids with as much variety of cars as possible (within the the cars listed in option A).

Rules

• All the races will have the “formation/standing“ as the type of start. This consists of one lap to heat the tires and parking the car in the red square on the track, before the traffic lights. After everything is in place, the race will automatically start when the green lights are switched on.
  • If the safety car is manually operated:
  • It should start at the end of the grid, do the formation lap in front of the field and then park into the pits, instead of stopping in the red square allocated in the race track. So, drivers should wait for the safety car to pass them before starting the formation lap.
  • If it has to be deployed just after the start of the race, it must wait for the pits semaphores to go green.
  • Regardless of the fact there is a manually operated or AI Safety car:
  • Drivers will be notified everytime the safety car is on track
  • Drivers who are lapped 1 or more laps can pass the front field and the safety car if they are between the pace car and the race leader and when told to do so, via chat.
  • If the system applies a penalty due to overtaking the field with the permission of the marshalls, such panalties will be removed
  • Drivers who have qualified to the main race must not enter the heat races which will take place next, if any, in that week
  • Everyone is required to drive carefully. As the safety car will be featured in this championship, you might be able to regroup with the rest of the field sometime in the race, so if needed do not hesitate in slowing down in case there is a yellow flag or if you see smoke ahead due to cars spinning in front of you. If contact is made to a car out of control and it is clear that it would have been avoided either by lifting of the gas or applying the brakes, penalties will be applied during or post-race. During the qualifying heat races, the marshalling will be more flexible/tolerant in this aspect, as the races are short, but still be careful.
  • At the moment the full course yellow is applied and the safety car is exiting the pits, check if the pits are opened before entering them. If you enter the pits and they are closed, a stop&go will be applied automatically
  • You can choose any F1 car to begin with but must not choose another unless two consecutive main races have been done with it
    • Example: Imagine you chose the MP4-25 to the first race. If you don't like it, you will have to do the second race in it. Only in the third race you can go to pick another F1. 
    • This restriction still enables you to try all 4 modern F1 cars during the whole season.
    • There is no problem if you want to keep using the same F1 during the whole season.
  • The F1 car to be used in the main race must be the same as the one used to do the first attempt to qualify to the corresponding main race
    • If you attempt to qualify in the MP4-25 in the first heat race and have no success, you will have to do the next heat race with the same F1 car. Consequently, you will have to do the next two main races with that car, until you are allowed to pick another vehicle

Driving Aids

• Invulnerability: Off
  • ABS: off, low or high
  • TC: off or low, medium
  • Shifting: off, auto shifting, upshifts or downshifts
  • Auto clutch: on or off
  • Remaining aids: not allowed

Main race specification

• Tire wear: enabled (normal)
  • Fuel usage: enabled (normal)
  • Mechanical failures: Normal
  • Car setup: open, but limited
    • One can set how many fuel to start with and how much fuel to add during the races, if he wants to, via pit request menu

• One can choose the tire compound to start with and during the race can choose what tire compound he wants, via pit request menu

Qualifying sessions specification

• Closed setup with fixed amount of fuel
  • No tire wear and no fuel usage

Additonal notes

• There will be 18 slots in the server for qualification and main race. In the main race server, 14 slots are for the drivers and then there are slots for the marshalls. If there are empty slots, a volunteer can join to do livestream of the race after requesting permission previously.
  • In the qualifying sessions, there must be room for the marshalls. In this case volunteers are not allowed to livestream the heat races, unless there are no drivers willing to take an empty slot.

Edited by rtmetz92, 23 December 2013 - 10:25 PM.

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#2 Danny Irving

Danny Irving

Seasoned

• Banned
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

How could you forget about Watkins Glen! :l

I like this idea, you can guarantee i'd enter every week.

#3 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

I thought Watkins Glen was way too bumpy for an F1, like the Mid Ohio track. However, I have just some laps in an F1 around Watkins Glen Long and found it more than suitable enough to be included in the series. I've edited the main post, so you can now find you're suggestion there.

Thank you very much for the opinion, Danny Irving.

Let's wait for some more feedback, specially from the Simraceway staff :)

#4 Iceman94

Iceman94

Novice

• 14 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

In paralell, can start Vintage Formula Series, with same circuits and same regulations :)

Cars:

McLaren M26

McLaren MP4-4

McLaren M23

Bugatti Type 51 GP

:D

My Cars:

Toyota Sprinter Trueno (AE86)
Toyota MR2 Turbo
Caterham Superlight R300
Simraceway Off-Road Buggy
Simraceway Asphalt Modified
Mini John Cooper Works S Coupe
Lexus CT200h F SPORT
Toyota GT86
Audi R18 TDI
Ford Mustang Boss 302
Mazda RX-8
Formula Renault 3.5
Audi S5
Palatov D4
Simraceway Kart
Lola Simraceway Formula 3
BMW 1 Series M Coupe
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

#5 Iceman94

Iceman94

Novice

• 14 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

But thieses series not start never, is only dream, like Endurance Series: http://community.sim...durance-series/

My Cars:

Toyota Sprinter Trueno (AE86)
Toyota MR2 Turbo
Caterham Superlight R300
Simraceway Off-Road Buggy
Simraceway Asphalt Modified
Mini John Cooper Works S Coupe
Lexus CT200h F SPORT
Toyota GT86
Audi R18 TDI
Ford Mustang Boss 302
Mazda RX-8
Formula Renault 3.5
Audi S5
Palatov D4
Simraceway Kart
Lola Simraceway Formula 3
BMW 1 Series M Coupe
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

#6 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

In paralell, can start Vintage Formula Series, with same circuits and same regulations :)

Cars:

McLaren M26

McLaren MP4-4

McLaren M23

Bugatti Type 51 GP

:D

Indeed, it is a very great idea, although the bugatti is a lot slower and the for example the M26 might stand no chance against the M23, which is also not as fast as the MP4/4.

But thieses series not start never, is only dream, like Endurance Series: http://community.sim...durance-series/

I hope you're wrong and we get to participate in some series :D Let's wait for some feedback from the simraceway staff :)

#7 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

Hello guys,

Some time has passed since the creation of this post and some changes have been made in the initial post. 

If you like the new proposal, please show your support and willingness to participate, by posting in this topic, otherwise the championship can't go forward because of lack of participation in it.

Cheers :)

#8 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

I would definitely take part. Although I think it's better to use just used one car. I would like MP4-28.

#9 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

Hi,

I have no problem to change that aspect and just use the MP4-28. However, given that the performance of the 4 cars is very similar and this way a lot more people would be able to access the event, since they have to own only one of the F1s. By the way is there any particular reason why you would like to allow the MP4-28 only?

#10 devilbevin

devilbevin

Semi-Pro

• 134 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

Well if they are very similar I don't mind then. In fact it would be better way to go as you say. I just felt that when I was testing them that weekend when they were free that one was a good bit faster than the rest. I think it was MP4-25.

#11 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Oh ok. If that is the case, you're right. There are two solutions to this problem: maybe apply a "weight penalty", if available to faster vehicles so as to balance their performance with the others or create sub-ranks, one for each car, and then distribute the prizes based on the final standings for each car. If however this system does not seem to be a good idea, for sure we will go with the option b, featuring just the MP4-28.

Meanwhile, if anyone with more experience in this chapter could enlighten our minds about this subject, I would be grateful for that :)

Thanks for the opinion, devilbevin :)

Cheers

#12 MisterHotshot

MisterHotshot

Novice

• 38 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

Would there be a spot open for me as the safety car? Assuming an SRW employee won't be taking it. 

#13 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

So, there are in the worst case 14 spots for the drivers, one for me and cossacco (for marshalling purposes) and then there would still be a spot for a volunteer who wants to do livestreaming and another one for the pace car (in this case you, MisterHotshot). Considering this, I do not see anything which should prevent you from taking that task.

Of course firstly it would be better to talk with cossacco about you willingness to help and also test if the multicar (F1 + safety car) event works well - if there are no memory errors and stuff.

But considering everything goes well and cossacco approves your request, for sure I will happily accept your help.

Thank you very much for being available to help :)

Cheers :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: F1, formula 1, series, race

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users