#101 reynaldo123

reynaldo123

Pro

• 357 posts
  • Facebook:Reynaldo Stufano
  • Twitter:@reynaldoschumi
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

It was really funny yesterday with a little race :)

I play at lowest settings, here are my PC specs:

Intel i5-3230M 2.6GHz w/TurboBoost up to 3.2GHz.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1760MB

4GB RAM

750GB HDD :P

The game crashed in the race,don´t know why.

maybe for the graphics video card :/

POST 15040px-Medalla-de-oro.png

Don't wanna close my eyes   I don't wanna fall asleep  
'Cause I'd miss you, baby   And I don't wanna miss a thing!!!!

#102 Litos76

Litos76

Novice

• 38 posts
  • LocationPorto, Portugal

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Hi guys!

Sorry for my late reply...

I was there at 20.00 and tried 2 different cars: The Mazda  and the Bentley.

I had a litle fun for maybe one hour and experienced no issues at all.

You guys are doing an excelent job and I will help everytime I can.

Can't wait for these races to go official.

See you all in the rear view mirror!!!LOL

#103 Demitri

Demitri

Seasoned

• 88 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

Alrighty then, allow me to share a few ideas that I have about SRW Endurance Series. ^_^

Assuming that we can go with a total of 6 distinct cars in these series, my suggestion is to have them separated in 3 classes: Prototype (P), GT Le Mans (GTLM) and GT Daytona (GTD). I'm using the class names from the 2014 season of USCC just for the sake of getting my point across. We can use any class names for the actual series, it doesn't really matter.

We can have 2 cars available for racing in P class, 3 cars for GTLM and 1 car for GTD. We'll vote in a poll here on the forums to decide which 2 of the currently existing 4 prototypes are going to be used in the first season and possibly choose a different pair for each of the seasons to come. Similarly, for GMTL class we'll vote to determine which one of the two bundles of GT cars (GT2 or GT3) to be used in the first season and possibly switch between bundles every season. GTD will be sort of a spec class with just one car available for racing in that class. I believe that the Renault Megane Trophy would be a good choice for this class. It's a relatively fast car, but at the same time not as fast as the GT cars. It's also not very expensive ($1.8 or 1800 Cr), which makes it easily acquirable for the newer players.

My idea is each class to be accessible only for players within a particular SQ range, i.e., P class for 1000-1100, GTLM for 900-1000 and GTD for 700-900. Players with SQ lower than 700 will not be allowed to race in these series. I'm suggesting these SQ restrictions, because I think that this way we can have cleaner, more enjoyable races while also avoid the possibility for them to become some type of elite events, in which only the fastest racers in the community would participate. If we let the pros drive the fast cars, the rookies drive the slower ones and keep the absolute beginners out, we'll be set for some good racing. I've thought about having a separate race for each SQ bracket, but that would multiply x3 all the necessary work on logistics, marshaling, etc., and if not else, simply the time required to do 3 endurance races in one day, back to back, makes it improbable.

As for the number of participants in each class, I have a few options in mind. If we can have 16 people in a race, we can go with 4 guys in Prototypes, 5 in GTLM, 6 in GTD, plus one marshal. Or if we can have 18 people in a race, we can add one more racer to both GTLM and GTD (4 in P, 6 in GTLM, 7 in GTD, 1 marshal). Perhaps in the future, the option to have 15 racers + 1 marshal + 1 live stream operator + 1 comentator, could be considered as well.

For qualification, we can use a method, similar to what we currently have for SRO - a separate hot lap event for each class, starting a few days prior to the race: Prototype Hot Lap for SQ 1000-1100, GTLM Hot Lap for SQ 900-1000 and GTD Hot Lap for 700-900. If it's possible, we could use the results from the hot lap events to also determine the starting grid, and thus shorten the time needed in the race day by skipping directly to a warm-up session and then race.

In my opinion, the duration of the races should be at least 1 hour, preferably 1.5 hours. During the season, we could have one longer race with a day/night time transition and a duration of 2.4 hours (2h 24min), for which double points are being awarded. We can use the well known 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 points awarding system. Obviously, since there will be less than 10 cars per class and points are awarded separately for each class, every participant will be getting some points.

What do you guys think? Please comment if you see any major flaws or have any different ideas or opinions on these matters. Thank you for reading!

My SQ: 870-ish

My car collection: 102 cars

My wheel: Logitech G27

#104 reynaldo123

reynaldo123

Pro

• 357 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:15 AM

Alrighty then, allow me to share a few ideas that I have about SRW Endurance Series. ^_^

Assuming that we can go with a total of 6 distinct cars in these series, my suggestion is to have them separated in 3 classes: Prototype (P), GT Le Mans (GTLM) and GT Daytona (GTD). I'm using the class names from the 2014 season of USCC just for the sake of getting my point across. We can use any class names for the actual series, it doesn't really matter.

We can have 2 cars available for racing in P class, 3 cars for GTLM and 1 car for GTD. We'll vote in a poll here on the forums to decide which 2 of the currently existing 4 prototypes are going to be used in the first season and possibly choose a different pair for each of the seasons to come. Similarly, for GMTL class we'll vote to determine which one of the two bundles of GT cars (GT2 or GT3) to be used in the first season and possibly switch between bundles every season. GTD will be sort of a spec class with just one car available for racing in that class. I believe that the Renault Megane Trophy would be a good choice for this class. It's a relatively fast car, but at the same time not as fast as the GT cars. It's also not very expensive ($1.8 or 1800 Cr), which makes it easily acquirable for the newer players.

My idea is each class to be accessible only for players within a particular SQ range, i.e., P class for 1000-1100, GTLM for 900-1000 and GTD for 700-900. Players with SQ lower than 700 will not be allowed to race in these series. I'm suggesting these SQ restrictions, because I think that this way we can have cleaner, more enjoyable races while also avoid the possibility for them to become some type of elite events, in which only the fastest racers in the community would participate. If we let the pros drive the fast cars, the rookies drive the slower ones and keep the absolute beginners out, we'll be set for some good racing. I've thought about having a separate race for each SQ bracket, but that would multiply x3 all the necessary work on logistics, marshaling, etc., and if not else, simply the time required to do 3 endurance races in one day, back to back, makes it improbable.

As for the number of participants in each class, I have a few options in mind. If we can have 16 people in a race, we can go with 4 guys in Prototypes, 5 in GTLM, 6 in GTD, plus one marshal. Or if we can have 18 people in a race, we can add one more racer to both GTLM and GTD (4 in P, 6 in GTLM, 7 in GTD, 1 marshal). Perhaps in the future, the option to have 15 racers + 1 marshal + 1 live stream operator + 1 comentator, could be considered as well.

For qualification, we can use a method, similar to what we currently have for SRO - a separate hot lap event for each class, starting a few days prior to the race: Prototype Hot Lap for SQ 1000-1100, GTLM Hot Lap for SQ 900-1000 and GTD Hot Lap for 700-900. If it's possible, we could use the results from the hot lap events to also determine the starting grid, and thus shorten the time needed in the race day by skipping directly to a warm-up session and then race.

In my opinion, the duration of the races should be at least 1 hour, preferably 1.5 hours. During the season, we could have one longer race with a day/night time transition and a duration of 2.4 hours (2h 24min), for which double points are being awarded. We can use the well known 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 points awarding system. Obviously, since there will be less than 10 cars per class and points are awarded separately for each class, every participant will be getting some points.

What do you guys think? Please comment if you see any major flaws or have any different ideas or opinions on these matters. Thank you for reading!

Mazda furai for PC

Audi R8 LMS ultra is a better GTD car, and like real life :D

#105 reynaldo123

reynaldo123

Pro

• 357 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:23 AM

Mazda furai for PC

Audi R8 LMS ultra is a better GTD car, and like real life :D

One more thing, the SQ class is a bad idea IMO, cause some players has P cars and not 1100-1000 SQ

#106 vaskezzz

vaskezzz

Novice

• 19 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

Well,sounds good to me Dimitri. How long you think season will last? Maybe to try for 1 month(4 races) for start and see how it goes. Very good idea too with SQ in my opinion. I understand Reynaldo but its the best way at this moment. The most important is to start as soon as possible, choose day and time for races(Mo,Tue,Thur,Fr, Sat) and lets roll. I was late for Daytona to test it with you but I keep my eye on this thread. Cheers

#107 Demitri

Demitri

Seasoned

• 88 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

GTD is only a name I used to convey my ideas. We should not be basing our decision for a car on that. We might as well use the name SP2 (form 24H series) for that class, so that the Renault Megane Trophy would fit perfectly in it. Part of the reason why I suggested that car, is because it's a car that is being used in real endurance series, so it wouldn't stand too much out of place among all those renowned endurance racing cars. And I don't think we could say the same for the Mazda Furai.

Regarding the SQ restrictions - if we don't have such, I doubt that the lower SQ players would ever manage to qualify for any of the races in any class. They wouldn't stand a chance against the top racers in SRW. The way I see it, it's either they race in their own class, or they don't race at all. Actually, I should say we, not they, because I myself am in the lower SQ bracket and I also have prototypes in my garage, which I would love to use in these series. It just seems very unlikely to me that players with lower SQ  would ever get to race in these series without SQ restrictions.

About the length of the seasons, I would prefer to have somewhere between 6 and 10 races per season. It doesn't have to be every week too. Maybe some of us will find it too demanding to participate in such a race every week? I don't know... I'm interested to see more of your guyses opinions. Feel free to share your own ideas and make suggestions on any aspect of the series.

My SQ: 870-ish

My car collection: 102 cars

My wheel: Logitech G27

#108 reynaldo123

reynaldo123

Pro

• 357 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

ok, sq classes is a good idea :) 

#109 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

I'm not finding the Race2Win @ Daytona forum thread, but I was going to say, that idk if I can do it. I'm busy in this days, and it's a bit difficult for me to do this race and another things that I have to do.

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#110 reynaldo123

reynaldo123

Pro

• 357 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

uumm, i dunno if i will join on the season, cause i don't own any GT3 or GT2 car, and a 83-ish SQ

I want the Audi r8 gt3 and I have 1886 credits (i dislike the renault trophy because is slow :/)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: endurance, simraceway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users