Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 38 (Skillquant)

srwrttw38 srwrttw38evo srwsro38 srwsro38evo bmw z4 gt3 mitsubishi evolution x tt circuit assen sandy beach

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Ludovic Gayon

Ludovic Gayon

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • Facebook:arckeo72
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

Remember in real race, if you take the sand its finish !!!

Have a fun with this competition and clean is essential.

PS : thanks for the job of all SRW guys.

Arckeo 72

#22 Gábor Bakos

Gábor Bakos

Novice

• 22 posts
  • Facebook:bakosgabor57

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

I don't get why I have to struggle week after week with a terribly configured car. Why can't the settings be unlocked?

#23 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

Good luck to all that are going to race! :D

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#24 mbindels

mbindels

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

When are the results plublished?

SQ=816

#25 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

When are the results plublished?

Today after the 1000-1100 race finish or at least 1h after the race,this is how I get the message :D

#26 mbindels

mbindels

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

Today after the 1000-1100 race finish or at least 1h after the race,this is how I get the message :D

Thank you.

SQ=816

#27 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

Provided that unfortunately my router lost the connection suring the 900-1000 race, I don't get any cash prize, do I?

Anyway, it was a very nice race, while it lasted (for me)  :)

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#28 freggel

freggel

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationKatwijk, The Netherlands

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

Provided that unfortunately my router lost the connection suring the 900-1000 race, I don't get any cash prize, do I?

Anyway, it was a very nice race, despite I got rear ended at the first lap :)

Sorry for that rmetz, my fault. I hit the brakes same time as you but I just slid towards your rear end.

I tried to let you pass after that but then I got into the sand myself :(

#29 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

No problem, it happens :) And thanks for waiting (for the fairplay) :D

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#30 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Had another great race, i used to be all in for hotlapping alone or atleast racing to win alone but recently with this competition i have been pushed further in close racing than i ever could alone. Being immerssed in a fight brings 100% concentration.

Quali was nice 3rd, got away good 2nd and main rival Shadow was out of the battle, got into the rythm for a few laps and then chased down Spaggiari with great pace. I was pressuring him for a while and then got aside him - we were side by side basically the whole 1st sector but he just stayed ahead and Acer managed to catch up. Then it was a sandwich situation for me, still felt fastest of the 3 but after 1 failed corner i had to hastly defend from acer and ended up spinning in the sand :( but no biggie,  still finished and the money rewards are times smaller than they used to be so nothing big lost, still happy :) the car was again with a bit too much rear wing but drivable as always. will be there for the next one ;)

- Launger

#31 KKND

KKND

Semi-Pro

• 105 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

hey guys,

first of all a thank you to all the other drivers in my race for racing clean and fair.

Now after watching the replay and some celebratory cold beverages later I want to share some impressions from this race.

I didn`t know what to expect going into this Event. I started practice this morning and did my first sub 1.40 lap time. The only problem was that I spun out quite a lot in the other laps.

Qualifying started and I did not leave enough space to the car ahead of me which distracted me a little bit every lap. In my last lap I made an ambitious overtaking move on Bolinas(thx for not shutting the door) and managed to get 3rd on the grid. The Qualifying times overall were slower then I expected them to be.

The race itself was pretty uneventful for me. I could hold 3rd place at the start then traded a little paint with ingange in that painfully slow hairpin. While driving I was not really aware that we touched, I just saw it on the replay. In Lap two I took second place from Bronski234 who out braked himself in the first corner. The next five laps I followed devilbevin with some few seconds between us. We were pretty much on the same pace until he made a mistake in the chicane before the start/finish straight. I went past him on the straight but I had never been on the inside line of T1 before I decided to be cautious and he passed me again. The he went too wide in the slow hairpin and got stuck in the sand. I watched it a few times and it just looked pretty strange to me that he ended up in the sand. The last laps were the toughest for me as I got more nervous with every lap from the point I took the lead. Lap 8 and 9 I basically just rolled around avoiding curbs being and afraid of touching the gas pedal.

All that said, a really nice race for me I had lots of fun racing with you all. For once slow and steady has one me something :D .

right pedal is for going faster, left pedal i am not sure what to do with it

#32 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

Lots of drama happened :) Very nice event again, indeed !

My race was a hard one, too. I knew after rttw, that this track deserves a bit more experience to be fast, that little bit I think I still don't have :) After 7th place in rttw with a simply bad time, I qualified for the race with an even worse result, I got 9th place which is....awful.
However, with a really blindig start - thanks to the mess in front - I managed to take P6 from the first corner, then somebody overshot his throttle in front of me, so from turn 2 I was 5th. From then, I had a really hard time building up a gap between me and MrPiet, which disappeared for the last two laps and I had to really hold on against him. Thankfully, MrPiet is a very experienced driver, and I felt comfortable with the battle, I didn't expect sharp moves from him, but the pressure was on.
Thanks to our consistent driving until the end, we could see 2 more guys from the front ending up off track, so on the last laps, the fight was for the podium finish.
I remember clearly, I calmed down with starting the last sector. I knew I was fast there, and without a proper overtaking point, podium finish was at hand.
The story's best part comes, I saw this mindless boy in front of me cruising on the track with 30mph in the final lap / penultimate turn, from my point it really looked like that he's in the middle of the inside apex, and knowing the speed of that turn this one really scared the hell out of me. I realized too late that he pulled right, and I almost collected him by taking the turn very wide, and after that my rhythm loss was so big, I entered the chicane with much more speed than necessary, lost it, spun off. Thankfully I somehow managed to recover, but MrPiet and one more car passed me. 
We should never let wrecked cars go laps and laps around, while others are racing on full speed. IRL they got black flagged even if there's only bodywork damage on the car, and you can drive it near full speed safely.
But the driver should be aware of this, too. Or at least, not sticking the car into 1-3 3-4 battle's middle. I think everyone was distracted by this.

Don't take it as an explanation to my fault in last turn, if I would be more experienced, it wouldn't matter, but take this as a suggestion or note for drivers if they wreck their car and try to go half the race distance without a rear wing in GT class in the future.

After all, I finished in P5....which I think is where I expected myself before race start. I'm not satisfied of course, but I'm not disappointed at all, partly because I'm a rookie who's competing online since....well...my very first online wheel-to-wheel race was here on SRW in March maybe ( ? ), and my first championship race ever, was a sunday race-off. (SRO 27 @ Madeenat / EVO), and partly because from P9 to P5 is not that bad. :D I only missed one sro since then, where I misunderstood the timescale and arrived just after race ended. :) Walking through from the beginning until today, there is a huge improvement in my driving style, in my racecraft, in my everything. Every single incident, battle, good or bad finishing positions, every single mile I raced added a little bit more to it, and it feels good to be in a patient, helpful community.

Thanks again, to everyone who competed, and a big one to Coss and his SRW team !
PS.: #WhereIsLiam ? :D

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#33 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

Is it not possible to get technical race reports in weekend races? Like this:

http://www.flatoutcl...ace-report.html

Or just any custom made outtakes of fastest laps, gaps etc.

The race monitor itself is so closed already, you cant watch peoples laps and split times like you can in rfactor (why) so any information about the race would be welcome and cool to watch.

- Launger

#34 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

well, my story short. While watching trying not to hit car infront in lap 1, turn 1, someone bumped me from the back (will not check replay who that was... it was starting incident, so... can happen!), and from then on i had to fight the car to even make to pits. After long two minutes, race was allready gone for me, but decided to continue and try to solve some point. I could even finish infront of elitespeedway, but received one of those things which happens to me many times, and dunno the reason... game just sudenly minimize to desktop... and ´m blind few seconds, then i must open the game with mouse back to screen. Very annoying. Of course i bumped into wall during that and elite passed me.. (lucky i didn´t hit him). Still...i guess one retirement, gave me some consolation finished 14th, because i guess 1 player came to late, and we started with 15 on grid. It worked... thx Cossaco!

Anyway, race to forget, but still nice to be part of it...

#35 MrPiet

MrPiet

Seasoned

• 51 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

and dunno the reason... game just sudenly minimize to desktop...

Maybe you play in windowed mode,change this in the setup to play fullscreen.

With me it looks like this : here I want to put an image of the setup but don't know how.

Anyway leave everyting blank so don't tick "Windowed" or "Fullscreen Windowed" .

Hopefully this helps.

#36 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

Maybe you play in windowed mode,change this in the setup to play fullscreen.

With me it looks like this : here I want to put an image of the setup but don't know how.

Anyway leave everyting blank so don't tick "Windowed" or "Fullscreen Windowed" .

Hopefully this helps.

nope, i have unthicked both. I always played fullscreen, but happens in simmilar way...like if i press funds button at the top of the menu. Game minimize, but i can turn it back at the bottom. Trouble is...i dunno the real reason. I do have tune up utility and avast runing like always, but tune up on turbo mode (but happens also without). It doesn´t happen everytime on long races though...

#37 MrPiet

MrPiet

Seasoned

• 51 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

nope, i have unthicked both. I always played fullscreen, but happens in simmilar way...like if i press funds button at the top of the menu. Game minimize, but i can turn it back at the bottom. Trouble is...i dunno the real reason. I do have tune up utility and avast runing like always, but tune up on turbo mode (but happens also without). It doesn´t happen everytime on long races though...

Try disabling that tune up thing during playing ,maybe this has some strange shortcuts in it and overrules those from SRW.

#38 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

After a good RTTW, Quali and start to the race everything was looking good, But it all went pear shaped from then on  :(

On lap 2 I was taking the tight hairpin (corner 3 or 4 i think) while getting on the throttle i touched the curb on the exit and the car rotated around on me sending me into the wall and very heavy damage. I spent a few minutes spinning all over the place trying to reach the pit lane and then a 2 minute pit stop to repair body damage added more insult to injury. After rejoining the race 1 and 1/2 laps down I manage to make up a few places with retirements and the unfortunate dimagico's game minimizing to desktop helped me also.

Well done to all finishers as this was a very difficult SRO with a new challenging track.

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#39 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

Assen did a great job as another great option to track selection for SRO's or any other future competiton. the sand was a great worry before thenrace, but the way i see it, all sandtraps should be similar because thats real life.

the whole rttw wasnt easy for me, and it seems to get worse every week. work and family is taking all my free time. so i barely manage 20 laps before SRO's/ 2 sessions. but thats all including SRO race. but its great to know to still be part or able for top 10. This week tho, i barely qualified in last session of rttw, qualified 10th in Race Quali and was up to 5th/6th within the first laps.... while catching RedlineRacer and preparing an overtake, all of a suddon bandito showed up in the mirror.... i was like " wtf" and had to defend imediately.... good clean fight and alot of fun bandito!!!! :) but then.... well.... lets give the curb t6 the fault :D it through me off balance and send me into the beloved sandtrap.... i managed to get out with the leaders far in my mirror already.... focus was off... tried to stay out of way.... pushed again when i saw panther got stuck in sand too.... but he managed to get out of it 28 seconds faster then me :D (get out of the sand world championship) and was haunted by the same t6 curb in lap 11/13.... i didnt know if to laaugh or to cry.... decided to on both.... i gave it my best for what it can be at the moment. i love every week.... and as long as i can ill try and qualify even if its last session.... with the risk of loosing time.... but Coss, thx for checking.... my time made it in the end on the leaderboard.

#40 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

Im going to travel, but if I can, maybe i will participate in the next SRO. (if I have internet, time, blah blah blah).

BTW, if I race it's going to be with keyboard

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: srwrttw38, srwrttw38evo, srwsro38, srwsro38evo, bmw z4 gt3, mitsubishi evolution x, tt circuit assen, sandy beach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users