Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 36 (Skillquant)

srwrttw36 srwsro36 skillquant sq brno bmw m3 gt2

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

hhmm,no write up of the evo's?? :rolleyes:  :D

#42 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

Leave it with me Rags ;)

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#43 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

Awesome contribution Rick, thanks. This gives the race a little extra value

- Launger

#44 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

I was referring to his position in the championship. He has slightly lost some margin on the lead in the championship.

*sigh* Myself and Coss have been through all this, at very great length and detail. There's no point in bringing it up again now, I just won't contribute any more. I rose above it. I respect your opinion CrazyBuzzy but I still believe after everything that was discussed with Coss and the response I have gained from other members of SRW (some of which have real life racing experience), I am still of the opinion that I did no wrong with that move. Furthermore, I gave the position back immediately as requested and as such Coss accepted that everything was fair and square. I am new to the SRO, yes, but I know how to race and that was racing. 

To me this case closed right at the moment when you gave the position to Mrjones_83 back and the same after you spun El_N1No later on. Giving the position back is a very honourable move.

Of course, we can continue analysing these incidents, but just for the purpose of research - there will be no further actions taken. 

Meanwhile, I recommend a read of a message posted by me on the previous forum, regarding the above:

z7gj.jpg

Original and other responses are here: https://getsatisfact...#reply_10034866

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#45 Dimitris Giannopoulos

Dimitris Giannopoulos

Novice

• 18 posts
  • Facebook:www.facebook.com/jimgiannopoulosracing
  • Twitter:@JimGiannopoulos

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Simraceway Sunday Race-Off 36 Evo

After the successful launch of the Skillquant-based races and the separation of racers into different race groups, according to their Skillquant level, this weekend provided close and exciting racing once again.

Brno, the 3.357 mile track in the Czech Republic, hosted the 36th version of the Simraceway Sunday Race-Offs. And along with the different Skillquant groups of the main event which featured the BMW E92 M3 GT2, the Mitsubishi Evo X event – available to every Skillquant level – played the supporting role. The maximum of 14 grid spots were able to be occupied for the big final on Sunday and those were decided through the Race to the Weekend hotlap process. 11 out of 14 qualified drivers made their appearance for the Evo X race.

Under some great weather conditions for racing, the Evo X masters were ready to star again and show some of the glory of their talent behind the wheel of the Japanese manufactured road car. Ragster, one of the cleanest  and most experienced drivers in Simraceway, proved his skill by topping the standings in the Qualfying session, while the young generation of racers was represented on the front row with GCortese49 starting alongside Ragster. This front row was basically expected to be the class of the field, but nobody knows what can happen in race situations. The second row of the grid was occupied by nascar24fan, a new face into the recent Evo Race-Offs, and rookie B13A6 who surprised everyone by qualifying so well in his first ever Race-Off. Lukesky completed the top 5 of the grid.

The drivers took their positions on the grid and it was not the best start for the poleman Ragster, who saw GCortese jump in front of him into the first corner, starting from the inside lane. However, Cortese went wide in turn 2, giving the chance to Ragster to challenge him going into turn 3 after the long straight. But behind them it was calamity. StreetX was careless under braking and wrecked malox; nevertheless, it was the side effects of this contact and this careless move my StreetX, which were serious: half of the field was involved in that crash and 4 cars flipped. The race had to be restarted. It was a severe crash and in such situations, the race is restarted.

Green lights replaced the red ones again and a dejavoux happened for the two leaders heading into turn 1; Cortese got a good start and Ragster could not respond, but he saw B13A6 challenging him on the inside of turn 3. Cortese held the middle lane with B13A6 holding the inside, so Ragster had 2 options: either give up many places by moving far away to the outside or wreck Cortese. And filled with emotions for clean racing, he chose the first one; while returning to the normal raceline, he was blocked by Lukesky, losing a bit more ground and having to deal with bad luck again. Cortese led lap 1, behind him it was  the rookie B13A6, nascar24fan, Exedian, nowitzki and the recovering Ragster. Behind Ragster, Lukesky, malox and Bolinhas had a nice battle for seventh place. Lukesky started challenging Ragster for sixth place. Meanwhile, the battle for second had fired up: Exedian made an awesome three-wide move and got up to second place into the latter stages of lap 2, leaving nascar24fan in third, but B13A6 lost two places there. 7 cars were running closely on a line heading into lap 3, and in front, Cortese seemed to cruise around.

And then, disaster. The tricky turn 3 proved to be a bad place for nowitzki, who lost the brakes, spun and hit nascar24fan, forcing nascar24fan to spin into Exedian. B13A6 got caught up in the wreck but managed to continue. But Ragster, who was hit by bad luck earlier, stayed on the inside line, avoided the four car wreck just by an inch and moved four places up, from sixth to second. B13A6 spun all alone later in the lap, losing much ground. From lap 4 and on until the end of the race, there was a major battle for third place between Exedian, Lukesky and malox. Lukesky had it, Exedian and malox wanted it. Exedian made a move and passed Lukesky, but malox could not keep up with their pace and fell back, trying to reserve a solid top 5 finish. At the same time, Ragster  the polesitter, tried hard to hunt down GCortese49, but GCortese’s gap was enough to keep him ahead heading into the last lap. The battle for third was on, Lukesky passed Exedian and took the third place back, and malox had come close to those two. Nowitzki and nascar24fan had their battle for sixth. Exedian bumped Lukesky with half a lap to go, but it was nothing important neither did it cause a crash, he just stated he was there and ready to pass. GCortese49 passed the line as the winner, Ragster in second and Lukesky80 held on to third; almost by half a car length advantage over to Exedian who finished fourth and missed a podium finish. Malox finished fifth, Nowitzki 410 in sixth and nascar24fan in seventh. Bolinhas managed to hold StreetX off for eighth place, while a disappointed B13A6 completed the top 10. CrasHMF was the last car to finish the race in eleventh and will surely try to become more active in the following races.

So, that was it for the Evo X action from Brno in the Czech Republic and now we are all looking forward to the next Simraceway Sunday Race-Off. Congratulations to every racer that took part either in the Evo X or the BMW event and the people who organized the whole event and took care of bringing it live to everyone.

#46 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Wow,what a write up jim,reading this brought back the emotions of that  hard fought race.

Thankyou very much. :)  :)

#47 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Sweet write up Dimitris. I was going to do a write up tonight for the Evo race but I think Dimitris version of events is spot on, so I think I'll leave it there if that's ok Rags? 

SRW Leagues

#48 Andrea Brozzi

Andrea Brozzi

Seasoned

• 68 posts
  • Facebook:BROZ13
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

Good analysis of the races, good job guys :D

BTW, didn't knew there was a sort of "championship" inside the SQ classes O.o If i knew it before, I would have participated in all the races before D:

EDIT: I would add that, despite mika won easily, the 700-800 race wasn't boring at all; we had some nice fighting for the podium in the last laps ;)

SImraceway nick : BROZ13 

A.k.a "The one that can't turn correctly"

#49 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts
  • LocationBraga, Portugal

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

I have to say that i was wrong, this car (the bmw) is not cheap but many people had it and was a great weekend with great races!
This week i got almost none time to practice this track and i lost the hope to join the evo race, bu sunday morning bolinhas told me to join with him the practice event and he was pushing me all the time, making better times that me and waiting to we get closer and i got my time better more than 1 second...later that day i was in the right place at right time, in simraceway chat, and so i could join the race as reserve, and i was last but i was doing time laps very close to my best time in that track and keep close (not far :P) from the rest of the drivers!

Every week i enjoy more the sunday race-off! Keep going SRW, i love this game!

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

#50 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

BTW, didn't knew there was a sort of "championship" inside the SQ classes O.o If i knew it before, I would have participated in all the races before D:

It's not an official championship from SRW, it's just something I keep to make things a little more interesting and ongoing. I maintain a championship for SRO as well as Test Drive Tuesdays. They can be found here: http://srwleagues.x10.mx/

SRW Leagues

#51 Andrea Brozzi

Andrea Brozzi

Seasoned

• 68 posts
  • Facebook:BROZ13
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

It's not an official championship from SRW, it's just something I keep to make things a little more interesting and ongoing. I maintain a championship for SRO as well as Test Drive Tuesdays. They can be found here: http://srwleagues.x10.mx/

Very very interesting, I'll try to participate in more SRO and TDTs now :D

SImraceway nick : BROZ13 

A.k.a "The one that can't turn correctly"

#52 Nowitzki410

Nowitzki410

Contributor

• 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hi guys, im writing this reply cause i was in the forum reading the comments on the SRW SRO.  and came to my attention the sumary that Dimitris Giannopoulos wrote about the race, and  he made a mistake, i dont think it was on purpose, but i want to clear out the missunderstood, in the EVO race the first Crash (the one that forced admin Cossaco to restart the race wasnt my fault at all (Nowitzki410), in the video wich i will put the link down below, when the camera is onborad with Malox, you can see in the left mirror who started the contact, i was on the black evo, and i took the outside of the corner, but the guy in the red car,(dont know who is him) didnt even brake, and made contact with Malox Very very hard, i wasnt part of the contact cause i was in the outside of the turn, and i manage to avoid the accident. like i told before, i dont think it was un purpose, but i just want to clear this out, i try my best to be a clean driver, sometimes i im, sometimes i made mistakes, but im improoving a lot in both laptimes and to be a clean driver, and i try to be honest at all cost, after the restart my contact with nascar24fan was my fault, i got distracted by someone who entered my room and ask me for something,(sadley we arent alone in the copit like the racing drivers) and that broke my concentration and i missed the braking point. so im accept that, But in the first contact i wasnt even involved, actually i went from 11th to 3th cause i managed to avoid teh accident, i just want to clear a bit my reputation a bit, maybe is not a very important matter for everyone but is very important for me.  you can start watching the video at 01:00 and you will see what im talking about (dont forget to see the leftside mirror of malox onboard).

i will appreciate  if you guys check that out.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3gcl0VfOYZ0

thx to NoFearc channel for the broadcast. 

#53 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

When do we get final results ?

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#54 Dimitris Giannopoulos

Dimitris Giannopoulos

Novice

• 18 posts
  • Facebook:www.facebook.com/jimgiannopoulosracing
  • Twitter:@JimGiannopoulos

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hi guys, im writing this reply cause i was in the forum reading the comments on the SRW SRO.  and came to my attention the sumary that Dimitris Giannopoulos wrote about the race, and  he made a mistake, i dont think it was on purpose, but i want to clear out the missunderstood, in the EVO race the first Crash (the one that forced admin Cossaco to restart the race wasnt my fault at all (Nowitzki410), in the video wich i will put the link down below, when the camera is onborad with Malox, you can see in the left mirror who started the contact, i was on the black evo, and i took the outside of the corner, but the guy in the red car,(dont know who is him) didnt even brake, and made contact with Malox Very very hard, i wasnt part of the contact cause i was in the outside of the turn, and i manage to avoid the accident. like i told before, i dont think it was un purpose, but i just want to clear this out, i try my best to be a clean driver, sometimes i im, sometimes i made mistakes, but im improoving a lot in both laptimes and to be a clean driver, and i try to be honest at all cost, after the restart my contact with nascar24fan was my fault, i got distracted by someone who entered my room and ask me for something,(sadley we arent alone in the copit like the racing drivers) and that broke my concentration and i missed the braking point. so im accept that, But in the first contact i wasnt even involved, actually i went from 11th to 3th cause i managed to avoid teh accident, i just want to clear a bit my reputation a bit, maybe is not a very important matter for everyone but is very important for me.  you can start watching the video at 01:00 and you will see what im talking about (dont forget to see the leftside mirror of malox onboard).

i will appreciate  if you guys check that out.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3gcl0VfOYZ0

thx to NoFearc channel for the broadcast. 

Thanks for clearing it up, nowitzki. Honest apologies for this, it was the red car that caused the crash, you weren't involved there, so I'll update the post with the correct name. I watched the video again and kept an eye out for the central mirror and saw that the red car got in the back of malox, while you were doing a great job avoiding the carnage round the outside and getting up to 3rd place.

#55 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

Results of Sunday Race-Off 36 events are announced at the bottom of the main post and all prizes awarded for Sunday Race-Off 36 (SQ 500-600, 600-700, 700-800, 800-900, 900-1000 and 1000-1100) paid out and in your accounts. 

Congratulations   :D

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#56 kingdaeho

kingdaeho

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Results of Sunday Race-Off 36 events are announced at the bottom of the main post and all prizes awarded for Sunday Race-Off 36 (SQ 500-600, 600-700, 700-800, 800-900, 900-1000 and 1000-1100) paid out and in your accounts. 

Congratulations   :D

Yay!

That's awesome. Thanks Coss! :)

#57 KKND

KKND

Semi-Pro

• 105 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

that was tight, TDT almost over and I was missing 2$. Thanks man :)

right pedal is for going faster, left pedal i am not sure what to do with it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: srwrttw36, srwsro36, skillquant, sq, brno, bmw m3 gt2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users