Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 36 (Skillquant)

srwrttw36 srwsro36 skillquant sq brno bmw m3 gt2

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

Just made it home after 13h work and expected bad things but quali went well and race was very very enjoyable, good fight with shadowbounty in the first part and then pressurized AG06 in the latter part, doing better laptimes with 130 degrees tyres than my RTTW best :) Good cars to push, was really into it.

I have managed to get all sundays off forever so i will be attending more often now :)

- Launger

#22 Gábor Bakos

Gábor Bakos

Novice

• 22 posts
  • Facebook:bakosgabor57

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:15 AM

Can I get someone one replay from yesterday race (1000-1100)?

#23 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

Can I get someone one replay from yesterday race (1000-1100)?

Please sent me your email so I cant sent you the replay :)

#24 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

Very fun SRO to be part of although I was very tense through the whole race due to a great battle with bulls then matrox joined the party. I'm a bit disappointed in how I drove and looking back I maybe should have been a bit harder in my passing attempts but I felt that if I tried closing the door it could have ended in tears for both me and bulls as we were always side by side. Fair play to matrox, he drove well to catch us then as soon as he got a sniff he made a move and made it stick. Top racing though and it was all clean and fair between us.

Thanks for a good event Coss and hopefully we get another nice combo for next week.

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#25 Matrox

Matrox

Seasoned

• 85 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

That was a crazy SRO to me. Well beeing 6th in RTTW i didnt thought to be 3rd on the grid - but quali times showed that i might be able to hold that 3rd place till the end. Well in the first corner i got some bad luck with getting pushed to the very outside but could made it back in the next right hander with a bit of a risky move. I just wasnt aware that we dont start with warm tires - overshooting into the corner wasnt the best idea but thankfully nothing happend.

After beeing back to 3rd - i had a hard time following elite and bulls because i was overall slower by laptime and also needed to save the front left tire a bit. The battle up front made hope to get closer and maybe beeing able to follow those to if i can get into the draft a little bit. The whole race i didnt thought to pass them because they are faster and would pass me after again. Well for some reason i got 1 chance to pass them both in 1 move which was incredible luck and also that they might had a bit trouble with tiretemps which made it possible that i could hold #1 till the very end.

my heart was beating so crazy with these guys in the back but that was great fun - to whatch their battle und to be part of it.

Cool SRO coss. I realy hope we get an SRO with the Megane Trophy - since it got updated months ago there was no attempt dooing so. We could have the revivial of the megane trophy SRO we allready had just to see what turns out.

#26 Andrea Brozzi

Andrea Brozzi

Seasoned

• 68 posts
  • Facebook:BROZ13
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Funny race, liked the close battle with riba and gymwhaley :) Hope to see the Megane Trophy too - it's a pretty fast car,and it's not expensive at all!

SImraceway nick : BROZ13 

A.k.a "The one that can't turn correctly"

#27 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Very nice event indeed ! Brno/M3 GT2 was a perfect combination :)

Matrox, in the very first turn where we've been side by side, I got kicked in the back by ingange, that's why I started to slide to the left and we almost got out of track.... I was hard on the brakes for a moment to get it back and thankfully you made it too :) 
Bit of a damage on the rear, almost lost the wing, but there was no other choice than to keep up with you :) bad luck, the car started to act far more understeered when tyres reached race temps, turn 9 - 13 - 15 took away all the grip I had left, and often needed some countersteering to stay on track.
Making so much small mistakes and losing that amount of time caused me a lot of trouble, lazaros started to catch up mid-race, but he spun in turn 9 in the chase. in the end I was very slow, MrPiet cleansed the 7 sec gap in just 2 laps.... he almost took P4 in the last couple of corners from me. but with the very last breath of mine just held on until I crossed the finish line.
The front 3 was very fast, I don't think I could do anything to finish in a better place, but somehow - hopefully cause of my rear scar :D - they built up an embarrassing gap. I'm satisfied with the overall results, and I feel like we are going towards the OPEN SETUP race-offs B) 

Mégane Trophy YESPLEASE !!!! :P

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#28 mika67lb

mika67lb

Novice

• 15 posts
  • LocationStrasbourg, France.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

yeah, i've seen this battle after the race, it was great and fair...

Congrats to all drivers, was really (really!) impressed by laps from guys in top-skillquant races !!!

(et BrAvO! à LolinFox qui est toujours là... :D )

:- - -( 818)- - ->

#29 Andrea Brozzi

Andrea Brozzi

Seasoned

• 68 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

Congrats to all drivers, was really (really!) impressed by laps from guys in top-skillquant races !!!

BTW you were too fast,how's it possible you're still under 800? xD

#30 Lazaros Filippakos

Lazaros Filippakos

Novice

• 17 posts
  • Facebook:lazaros filippakos
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

Catastrophic race! First the computer gave up and i needed a restart! Luckily everybody waited but i couldnt do a lap time!(pitty because i was very fast at practise)! The race begun very well! I squeezed very well to 6th behind ingange! he slowed me down but i finally overtook him at lap 5! After a was at 2 huge laps and got behind daniel but because i was furious i forgot how easy the oversteers and it's impossible to counter it! I did 3 mistakes in 3 corners, got 10th so i decided to go straight to the wall! I couldnt stand my bad luck anymore! But good race guys! :angry:  :)  :(  :wacko: :@

#31 mika67lb

mika67lb

Novice

• 15 posts
  • LocationStrasbourg, France.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

BTW you were too fast,how's it possible you're still under 800? xD

Thx Broz13 !!! it was my first race...

I drive in hot-laps events, but "lag" made me crash drivers in quick-races, so often I don't dare to go "disturb" the Asphalt-killers, maybe that my progress is slower...

:ph34r:

:- - -( 818)- - ->

#32 LolinFOX

LolinFOX

Seasoned

• 54 posts
  • Locationfrance lyon

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

Merci, mais j ai vraiment fait une tres mauvaise course... Cette stupide erreur m a coute tres cher car je pense que je pouvais suivre le groupe, malheureusement j ai du laisser passer tout le monde car je ne pouvais revenir sur la piste sans faire un crash... Et faut dire qu apres, je n avais plus la meme motivation :(. Prochaine fois...

#33 Andrea Brozzi

Andrea Brozzi

Seasoned

• 68 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

Merci, mais j ai vraiment fait une tres mauvaise course... Cette stupide erreur m a coute tres cher car je pense que je pouvais suivre le groupe, malheureusement j ai du laisser passer tout le monde car je ne pouvais revenir sur la piste sans faire un crash... Et faut dire qu apres, je n avais plus la meme motivation :(. Prochaine fois...

Puor une fois que tu ne gagne pas, je crois c'est ne pas une drame xD Tout le monde fait une erreur, l'important est que tu recouvres et fait une meilleur course la prochaine fois ( Excuse moi pour mon mauvais français xD) :)

It's the first time you don't win,it's not the end of the world xD Everybody does a mistake, the important is that you recover and do a better race next time :)

#34 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

great races yesterday. very nice and clean driving in the 900-1000 Race !!! grats to the top 3. espesially to matrox :)

in my race i was lucky to get away very quick. so i could drive smooth without pressure. was very important on this car. i was watching only my tyre temps during the race. all the time about 105 degrees.

the m3 is the perfect car for me. like all BMW ^^ (except the old m1^^). i drive since almost 20 year bmw´s. maybe thats why i like them so much in the game :)

#35 NoFearc

NoFearc

Novice

• 31 posts
  • Facebook:NoFearc
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

#36 NoFearc

NoFearc

Novice

• 31 posts
  • Facebook:NoFearc
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

#37 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Sunday Race Off 36: vanPanther Extends Lead, matrox_213 Sneaks Through From 3rd!

RTTW369001000.jpg

This week’s Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race Off saw the majority of participants handing in their Evo car keys and swapping them for the beastly BMW E92 M3 GT2 spec car. The Mitsubishi Evolution X is a great car to blast round a track but to some drivers, moving to a race car was a very welcomed return. This week, racers charged around the Brno circuit with it’s fast sweeping corners and left-right combinations and a healthy set of straight sections to boot. The new skillquant system did not disappoint either as the racing this weekend was nothing short of spectacular. Let me tell you – it was a really bad day to be a front left tyre!

A slight change to the format this week, we had 6 races still but we combined the SQ500-600 and SQ600-700 skillquants into one race in order to make way for an open skill level Evo race for those that prefer it or do not have the BMW. It at least gave James38 a few buddies to compete against in his BMW, as he told me last week it was not much fun winning a one horse race. This was completely understandable, but he had his work cut out for him as his competitors were very strong with the skills being in such a wide range between SQ500 and SQ700.

On to the results then and in the SQ1000-1100 class, vanPanther stole the show with a substantial lead as the rest of the field battled it out for themselves. vanPanther looked to feel at home in the 2010 BMW E92 M3 GT2 as he made it look easy to put up some seriously quick lap times. He confessed later on the forum that he is a BMW fan and this certainly rings true to his driving performance on this day and his forum avatar. A great effort and it has solidified his 1st position in the championship standings as he is now 60 points clear of of acerockolla whom is clinging for dear life onto 2nd place in the championship after another no-show this weekend.

The SQ900-1000 class saw one of the most intense and remarkable battles ever witnessed in SRO history. Picture this, elitespeedway and Bulls666 going side by side, corner after corner the whole race. Not only that, but the two drivers were bleeding lap times due to their all-out warfare with each other which enabled matrox_213 charge up close and personal with the end of the race looming. The next part of the story was the real punchline as matrox_213 stole the win from underneath the duo’s noses as many people were shouting and cheering at their TV screens on the final laps. Bookmark this one guys, it was one of the greats. Mrjones_83 still leads the category but suffered a slight loss of margin but it just shows that althoughMrjones_83 has not won a race in the season yet, he has shown faultless consistency throughout and that is exactly why he is on top of the tables right now.

In the SQ800-900 class, the SRO suffered a few technical problems but we witnessed 6 laps out of 8 before it all disappeared and thanks to Liam and Nofearc, we still got the footage of the whole thing after the event. The leader is presumed winner and that person was zandokanana. He stole the lead from kingdaeho early on in the race and opened up a gap enough secure the win should the race have continued. It was a shame to not complete the race but with so many races to cover in the schedule it would have been impossible to restart the race at such a late stage.

The SQ700-800 class saw total domination by mika67lb as he placed 1st in the RTTW, qualified 1st on pole and took the win. A nice hat trick for any driver really boosts confidence and I would not be surprised if we see mika67lb moving further up the ranks any time soon. gymwhaley took second position and takes the lead in the championship fromdevilbevin whom has already made the jump to the SQ800-900 class. Congratulations todevilbevin on the promotion.

The SQ500-700 class gave us 3 drivers pitted against each other which was nice that we had a race in this category this week instead of just one single driver. Racecarfan took the victory with SebastianW and James38 soldiered on the take 2nd and 3rd on the podium. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that if you are below SQ700, please DO get involved. The Sunday Race Off’s are a heap of fun, they are very rewarding in terms of learning and evolving your race craft, not to mention cash prizes in most events. James38 leads the SQ500-600 championship whilst Racecarfan leads the SQ600-700 championship. If the format stays the same for a while the two championships may need to be merged. We shall see in time.

See All Championship Class Standings

RTTW/SRO36 SQ500-700 Results:

sro36-500-600.jpg

RTTW/SRO36 SQ700-800 Results:

sro36-700.jpg

RTTW/SRO36 SQ800-900 Results:

sro36-800.jpg

RTTW/SRO36 SQ900-1000 Results:

sro36-900.jpg

RTTW/SRO36 SQ1000-1100 Results:

sro36-1000.jpg

RTTW/SRO36 Evo X Results:

sro36-evo.jpg

SRO SQ1000-1100 Fantasy League Results:

sro36-fantasy.jpg

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#38 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

Mrjones_83 still leads the category but suffered a slight loss of margin

This is how you describe you try to pass Mrjones_83 in the first lap or what?  :huh: 

Rick you are a fast driver but you need to be at least near someone when you wanna try to pass,you had a chance to do a clean pass there only if Mrjones_83 was wide in the entering of the corner,but Mrjones_83 had an excellent corner entering and yes you was faster then him on that part of the track but you was far behind him to even think to try a pass but you went in like is a final lap of the race and not the first lap of the race,and if you hit someone and gain position like you did,at least next time wait for the driver to recover from the hit  ;) 

Rick pls do not go mad over my opinion and do not even try to tell me that you had or that you saw an opportunity for a pass because there was not a chance even in hell for a pass there,and less chance then even see an dancing alien that there was enough room for a clean pass,maybe if you was door to door close,then yes,you go for an overtake or if you are at least at the middle of the opponents car,but you Rick was not even close to Mrjones_83 -_- 

#39 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

This is how you describe you try to pass Mrjones_83 in the first lap or what?  :huh: 

I was referring to his position in the championship. He has slightly lost some margin on the lead in the championship.

*sigh* Myself and Coss have been through all this, at very great length and detail. There's no point in bringing it up again now, I just won't contribute any more. I rose above it. I respect your opinion CrazyBuzzy but I still believe after everything that was discussed with Coss and the response I have gained from other members of SRW (some of which have real life racing experience), I am still of the opinion that I did no wrong with that move. Furthermore, I gave the position back immediately as requested and as such Coss accepted that everything was fair and square. I am new to the SRO, yes, but I know how to race and that was racing. 

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#40 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

I was referring to his position in the championship. He has slightly lost some margin on the lead in the championship.

*sigh* Myself and Coss have been through all this, at very great length and detail. There's no point in bringing it up again now, I just won't contribute any more. I rose above it. I respect your opinion CrazyBuzzy but I still believe after everything that was discussed with Coss and the response I have gained from other members of SRW (some of which have real life racing experience), I am still of the opinion that I did no wrong with that move. Furthermore, I gave the position back immediately as requested and as such Coss accepted that everything was fair and square. I am new to the SRO, yes, but I know how to race and that was racing. 

Well,if you think that kind of overtake is cool for you then I am done to even try to explain to you an overtake and I do not have any race experience but have a lot of street racing experience where you need a special kind of balls and brain....

And at the end,if I,whit only street race experience do not do such kind of overtake then really....

Ohh,I have even 14 laps on Grobnik whit my old Cagiva Super City 125 and I destroyed all the RR in the middle part of the track until the main straight,so I have even  a little bit of track in my curriculum,heheheheheheh

Again,Rick I know that you saw an opportunity to pass because you was a lot faster,but that was the first lap of the race,maybe and I say maybe if you waited will be safer,thats all ;)  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: srwrttw36, srwsro36, skillquant, sq, brno, bmw m3 gt2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users